• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MOD][4.4][KRT16O][KRT16S] Transparent Lockscreen Mod

Search This thread

wejgomi

Dec 22, 2011
I've been looking around for days and couldn't find a translucent lockscreen mod for 3G, so I decided to create one:

This is ONLY for 3G Nexus 7(2012) and includes Tethering/Wifi Hotspot mod as an extra.

All tethering/Wifi hotspot credits go to xtoudi and stridger for making this happen.

SMS mod credits go to GuyAdams.

************ STOP ************
**** READ THE POST BEFORE FLASHING ****

Flashing Instructions:

1- Flash the krt16x-Stock file matches your build.
2- Reboot
3- Flash the modded framework now.
4- Enjoy.

UPDATE: Added modified frameworks for KRT16S as well.
UPDATE2: Also added SMS mod by GuyAdams as requested.

Attachments

• krt16o-Trans-Tether.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 62
  • krt16o-NoTether-stock.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 37
  • krt16s-Trans-Tether.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 124
  • krt16s-Stock.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 158
  • krts16s-Trans-Tether-SMS.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
hey mate you are the only one providing the transparent bars for tilapia and this is a great things! thank you very very much!

but could you please also provide a version of without the tethering mod? I flash this one together with the SMS/Hangouts + tethering mod by @GuyAdams but they are not really compatible.. if I flash one I lose the goodies from the other one and vice versa..!! :(
this is really sad.. :(

thanks you very much for paying attention, hope to hear you soon! ;)

10-80

Mar 26, 2009
Hobart
Hi wejgomi

Thanks for buidling this.
I tried flashing "krts16s-Trans-Tether-SMS.zip" using flashify (via TWRP) and the device now won't boot.
It just sits at the boot logo forever (an animation of four coloured circles for stock 4.4.)

I'm running Stock 4.4 (KRT16S) with root (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.69) and TWRP (2.6.3.1) on tilapia.

I can revert to my backup no problem but I'd like to get it working.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

wejgomi

Dec 22, 2011
Hi wejgomi

Thanks for buidling this.
I tried flashing "krts16s-Trans-Tether-SMS.zip" using flashify (via TWRP) and the device now won't boot.
It just sits at the boot logo forever (an animation of four coloured circles for stock 4.4.)

I'm running Stock 4.4 (KRT16S) with root (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.69) and TWRP (2.6.3.1) on tilapia.

I can revert to my backup no problem but I'd like to get it working.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

You should flash the krt16x-Stock.zip before you flash modded framework.

Please read the whole post before you proceed.

I'm adding a warning to OP, many people seem to confuse.

10-80

Mar 26, 2009
Hobart
Hi again.

I've got the mod installed now, thanks.
Tethering and SMS are working great but I'm not sure about the transparent lock screen.

Sorry if this a stupid question but how do I enable the transparency effect?

My lock screen doesn't look any different: My wallpaper, clock with date, carrier name, status icons in top right & up arrow at the bottom center of the screen.

wejgomi

Dec 22, 2011
Hi again.

I've got the mod installed now, thanks.
Tethering and SMS are working great but I'm not sure about the transparent lock screen.

Sorry if this a stupid question but how do I enable the transparency effect?

My lock screen doesn't look any different: My wallpaper, clock with date, carrier name, status icons in top right & up arrow at the bottom center of the screen.

Do you have Google Experience Launcher installed?

If not, get it here GEL Thread

Download only the launcher.

10-80

Mar 26, 2009
Hobart
Do you have Google Experience Launcher installed?.

Thanks, I didn't have GEL installed but I do now. My home screen is a bit different but there's still no change to the lockscreen. Should I expect to see my home screen icons on the lock screen? That's what I thought transparent lock screen would do.

Maybe GEL has to be installed before the MOD?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been looking around for days and couldn't find a translucent lockscreen mod for 3G, so I decided to create one:

This is ONLY for 3G Nexus 7(2012) and includes Tethering/Wifi Hotspot mod as an extra.

All tethering/Wifi hotspot credits go to xtoudi and stridger for making this happen.

SMS mod credits go to GuyAdams.

************ STOP ************
    **** READ THE POST BEFORE FLASHING ****

Flashing Instructions:

1- Flash the krt16x-Stock file matches your build.
    2- Reboot
    3- Flash the modded framework now.
    4- Enjoy.

UPDATE: Added modified frameworks for KRT16S as well.
    UPDATE2: Also added SMS mod by GuyAdams as requested.
    The transparency is to be intended as transparency of the status bar and of the navigation bar! ;)

[ brvsn™ • Nxs7.3G stock rooted • Tapatalk.4 ]
    Update OP with SMS mod as requested.

For 3-way reboot, I have to look further into the code, maybe next week.
    Ah, thanks. So, because I'm running krt16o, I should flash krt16o-NoTether-stock.zip first, correct?
    There is no krt16o-Stock.zip file attached to the OP, only krt16s-Stock.zip.

Yeah, flash the one that matches your build, both are stock files.