• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MOD][4.4][KRT16O][KRT16S] Transparent Lockscreen Mod

Search This thread

IdanK

Oct 17, 2008
I've just installed GEL and your mods (translucent lockscreen + SMS + tethering) on my N7 3G running KRT16S and it's working great.
That's the way Google should have released the software in the first place.
Thank you for your work! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-29-19-12-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-29-19-12-58.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2013-11-29-19-13-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-29-19-13-24.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Screenshot_2013-11-29-19-13-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-29-19-13-55.png
    74 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

nicefile

Jan 20, 2008
As I have KRT16O mod installed it seems that tether via Bluetooth is'n working at all .
Apart ability to mark it doesn't work as it should (lack of BT icon in left up corner and proper BT profile support)
For reference I used my BladeV 2.1 stock ROM that have this useful function enable

Anyone else have this problem ?

/br
nicefile

PlayerBoy

May 8, 2013
Android 4.4.1 compatibility?

Will these mods still function as intended after updating the OS to the newly released 4.4.2? Just wondering before I apply the OTA update.

Last edited:

PlayerBoy

May 8, 2013
No update so we can run this on 4.4.2? It's been out for a while, and I've been holding back on updating the OS because I don't want to lose the beautiful transparent lock screen.

EDIT: Dang it, no response from author or other readers. Guess the translucent lockscreen mod is obsolete due to the fact that Google decided to add it OFFICIALLY to the Nexus 7 on 4.4.1 (and subsequent release i.e. 4.4.2). But no one took the 5 mins to inform this lost, wandering soul about it. Well, might as well close the thread. I don't think anybody would stay on 4.4; it kinda beats the purpose of having a Nexus line, ain't it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been looking around for days and couldn't find a translucent lockscreen mod for 3G, so I decided to create one:

This is ONLY for 3G Nexus 7(2012) and includes Tethering/Wifi Hotspot mod as an extra.

All tethering/Wifi hotspot credits go to xtoudi and stridger for making this happen.

SMS mod credits go to GuyAdams.

************ STOP ************
    **** READ THE POST BEFORE FLASHING ****

Flashing Instructions:

1- Flash the krt16x-Stock file matches your build.
    2- Reboot
    3- Flash the modded framework now.
    4- Enjoy.

UPDATE: Added modified frameworks for KRT16S as well.
    UPDATE2: Also added SMS mod by GuyAdams as requested.
    The transparency is to be intended as transparency of the status bar and of the navigation bar! ;)

[ brvsn™ • Nxs7.3G stock rooted • Tapatalk.4 ]
    Update OP with SMS mod as requested.

For 3-way reboot, I have to look further into the code, maybe next week.
    Ah, thanks. So, because I'm running krt16o, I should flash krt16o-NoTether-stock.zip first, correct?
    There is no krt16o-Stock.zip file attached to the OP, only krt16s-Stock.zip.

Yeah, flash the one that matches your build, both are stock files.