• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[MOD][4.4+] MifitTcxExport based on oficial Mifit to export workouts to file/Strava

jps1x2

Nov 12, 2012
Alcora
Hi, I'm using the modified Mi Fit app with my Amazfit Bip, Xiaomi Mi9 and its working great for transferring to Strava. I did want to look at updating the firmware on the watch but not sure how to do it. I've already removed the standard Mit Fit app from the phone and installed your modded version. I'm not sure how update with your firmware mod if I've not installed it yet (looking at your instructions below). :rolleyes:

Appreciate any help you can give.

A

Normally I publish 2 versions of the mod, one that includes firmware and the other without firmware. If you use the one that includes firmware I do not take responsibility for possible bricks of your watch / smartband. To update the firmware should be done with the official Mifit application and after updating uninstall oficial Mifit version and install my mod. Although I always use my mod with the included firmware to upgrade my Amazfit Bip when there are new firmware versions and I have never had problems.
Hi,
normally i use my mod that includes firmware to upgrade my Bip to new firmware versions, i never had problems in this way, but you have to do it under your responsability . On all mod versions that i publish including firmware i use official firmware not modified one. This is the easiest way of maintaining your Amazfit Bip on last firmware version.

Reactions: UkuS

jps1x2

Nov 12, 2012
Alcora
Hi Mate!
Is it Possible to export all Workouts that are stored in the Mi Account? I have my Bip since 1.5 Years and i would be happy to export all workouts from that periode...
Possible ?
My mod is only able to export workouts on cache app, it implies that it has to be opened on Mifit app and then it can be exported or uploaded to Strava. There is not an option to export all workouts on cache and i think that it will not be implemented.
Here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/amazfit/xiaomi-huami-amazfit-export-data-t3533292
You can find information about exporting it in other way.

jps1x2

Nov 12, 2012
Alcora
Hi. thanks for perfect work on this project. I have used your mod before, now I have made an upgrade to the newest verion, but When I want to upload to strava automatically, it says that file is invalid. is there any workaround? thanks
Hi,
which type of activity are you trying to upload? Are your sure that all configuration options of mod are correctly configured? Send me a gpx or tcx file that is showing this error message on export/upload process.

sigot

Apr 24, 2009
Hi,
which type of activity are you trying to upload? Are your sure that all configuration options of mod are correctly configured? Send me a gpx or tcx file that is showing this error message on export/upload process.
Cycling, all files are invalid.

Attachments

Last edited:

jps1x2

Nov 12, 2012
Alcora
Cycling, all files are invalid.
If you want to upload gpx file to Strava you have to check the option "Strava... Force gpx upload". By default file format uploaded to Strava is tcx because it can contain laps and other improvements and you have to force gpx upload if you want it.

sigot

Apr 24, 2009
If you want to upload gpx file to Strava you have to check the option "Strava... Force gpx upload". By default file format uploaded to Strava is tcx because it can contain laps and other improvements and you have to force gpx upload if you want it.
Now I see, i have TCX checked, gpx and force gpx unchecked. Now it works. thanks

Reactions: jps1x2

Kayakista

Apr 12, 2019
There seems to be some kind of problem with exported .gpx and BaseCamp
I guess something with xsd schema validation and extensions, Basecamp is pretty picky with those and refuses to load a .gpx file with any subtle error or not strictly compliant.
There is no problem with .tcx

As a test, after processing an exported track with GPSBabel, reading from gpx, writing to gpx, it removes completely xsi:schemaLocation but still failed to import into BaseCamp ( as xmlns:gpxtpx and xmlns:gpxx are still present )

Last edited:

jps1x2

Nov 12, 2012
Alcora
There seems to be some kind of problem with exported .gpx and BaseCamp
I guess something with xsd schema validation and extensions, Basecamp is pretty picky with those and refuses to load a .gpx file with any subtle error or not strictly compliant.
There is no problem with .tcx

As a test, after processing an exported track with GPSBabel, reading from gpx, writing to gpx, it removes completely xsi:schemaLocation but still failed to import into BaseCamp ( as xmlns:gpxtpx and xmlns:gpxx are still present )
I have tested gpx files generated using my mod and are fine on several platforms, tcx is compatible too.
Do you have a gpx file compatible with basecamp?

Kayakista

Apr 12, 2019
I have tested gpx files generated using my mod and are fine on several platforms, tcx is compatible too.
Do you have a gpx file compatible with basecamp?
I've found the problem.

<cmt> tag isn't allowed inside <trkseg> (it's written at the end inside trkseg )
https://www.topografix.com/gpx/1/1/#type_trksegType

It should be written in trk, at the very beggining, strictly in this order , name, cmt, desc
https://www.topografix.com/gpx/1/1/#type_trkType

Code:
	<trk>
		<name>Libre</name>
		<cmt>TimeArrInic 31 ceroa1 2 noinc 2 laps 0 segundos pausas 0 TI 1556657714 CT 2771 ET 1556660485</cmt>
		<desc/>
		<trkseg>
			<trkpt lat="xxxx" lon="yyyy">

Last edited:

jps1x2

Nov 12, 2012
Alcora
It seem https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/05/10/mi-fit-app-gets-new-look-after-latest-update/
Mi Fit APP got heavily updated, I guess you have a lot of work to do again if they changed the interface a lot.

According to comments it seems nobody likes the new interface.
I am testing this weekend decompile and recompile Mifit app v4.0 and having several problems and errors, I will need to invest very much hours to mod it again. I am collaborating with italian modders' group illgruppotester on several mod's parts and we are adjusting and correcting these errors.
Regards.

herdamit

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you very much for your mod!
I installed it after I uninstalled the official app from google play store, but now the playstore wants to update the mod to the official apk. is there anything I can do to prevent it from doing so? (Except manual update)

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

juniorwan

Jul 4, 2012
I installed it after I uninstalled the official app from google play store, but now the playstore wants to update the mod to the official apk. is there anything I can do to prevent it from doing so? (Except manual update)

Here I uptaded the app to v4.0.0 (last update) before install this mod and everything is fine, except the weather. You can uninstall and update the app on the PlayStore. After update, uninstall and install the mod. Maybe it works!

Reactions: jps1x2

jps1x2

Nov 12, 2012
Alcora

I think that my mod can't be replaced by Mifit of playstore because it has a different signature and can't be updated automatically.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone