[MOD] 4-in-1 Reboot Menu [Touchwiz] | MDB | MDL |

Search This thread

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Here's the 4-in-1 Reboot Menu Mod for T-Mobile users running the stock Tmobile Touchwiz rom.

Description: After you press the Power Button and Restart, you now get 4 options (Normal Reboot, Download, Hot Reboot, and Recovery)

This is for build M919UVUAMDB
DEODEXED only: MDB Deodexed Download
just flash in recovery and reboot
or
ODEXED only MDB Odexed Download

------------------------------------------------------------

This is for build M919UVUAMDL
DEODEXED only: MDL Deodexed Download
or
ODEXED only: MDL Odex Download

Special Thanks and Credit to the following for making it all possible (in no particular order):
Google
Samsung
XDA Community
Unknownforce
kahvitahra
crawrj
mrvirginia
mattlgroff (thanks mattlgroff for the MDL kernel that bypassed the restrictions with MDL)

BMHqUNV.jpg

Attachments

• RMenu_do_JDQ39.M919UVUAMDB.zip
    707.8 KB · Views: 2,463
  • RMenu_odex_JDQ39.M919UVUAMDB.zip
    712 KB · Views: 1,020
  • Rmenu_M919UVUAMDL_deod.zip
    708.1 KB · Views: 1,346
  • Rmenu_M919UVUAMDL_odexed.zip
    712.3 KB · Views: 1,281
Last edited:

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Here are the files for stock odex....
http://db.tt/mwq3rv7d
http://db.tt/uCXYunzr

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

im trying to cheat without downloading entire odexed framework to my phone, but try this file, its EXPERIMENTAL.

This is for ODEXED only and is EXPERIMENTAL:
download BOTH FILES below (download both incase u have to revert back to normal), move both files to your (external/internal) SDCARD

go into recovery
Flash zip " d_ap_test1.zip" using recovery
reboot
let me know if it works

if it doesnt work just flash "RESTORE_od_ap.zip" reboot and u will be back to normal

let me know if it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigSK225

BigSK225

Jul 6, 2009
Allentown, PA
go into recovery
Flash zip " d_ap_test1.zip" using recovery
reboot
let me know if it works

if it doesnt work just flash "RESTORE_od_ap.zip" reboot and u will be back to normal

let me know if it works.

Didn't work. Wouldn't boot....Restore got me back up and running.

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
Didn't work. Wouldn't boot....Restore got me back up and running.

k thanks for testing, ive removed the files for now, im gunna have to flash the odexed system to my phone to get it to work, u might have to wait a day or 2 unless someone else wants to convert it. odexed files are a pain :p, i would try it today but im in the middle of a google wallet nfc experiment using the deodexed system which is the main reason i made this 4 way boot since i was tired of using terminal and adb to get into recovery.

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
Here's the 4-in-1 Reboot Menu Mod for T-Mobile users running the DEODEXED stock Touchwiz rom.

Tested and works fine on deodexed build of JDQ39.M919UVUAMDB.
Feel free to use it in other roms, just give me some credit.

After you press Reboot, you get 4 options (Normal, Download, Hot Restart, and Recovery)

This is for DEODEXED only: Deodexed Download

i am no longer running odex version so we might have wait till the next time i have to wipe my s4 so i can use the odexed file dependencies to be able to make a odexed version.

Special Thanks and Credit to the following for making it all possible (in no particular order):
Google
Samsung
XDA Community
Unknownforce
kahvitahra
crawrj
mrvirginia

BMHqUNV.jpg

Much appreciated here too. Had been using free app called Quick Boot that basically will do almost same.
Simply clicking on icon gives Reboot, recovery, Bootloader and Power Off options. For those also following along, the three button salute using volume up, home and power will also force a recovery. Anyways, thanks again for posting this.

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
No problemo, brother. Take your time and thanks!!!!

Try #2, this time i odexed my system and used the correct BOOTCLASSPATH location and correct signature verification..
this is for ODEXED only and is EXPERIMENTAL: download BOTH FILES below (download both incase u have to revert back to normal), move both files to your (external/internal) SDCARD

go into recovery
Flash zip "d_ap_test2.zip" using recovery
reboot
let me know if it works

let me know if it works.

Last edited:

BigSK225

Jul 6, 2009
Allentown, PA
Success! Tested all reboot options and they all work.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368071070953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368071070953.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 296

skygear

Apr 7, 2006

So ODEXED is the stock rooted phones....

and DEODEXED is the Custom roms with a different framework.

So there is NO confusion for anyone.

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Oh, and good luck on the Wallet appp. I need that working on my S4 too!

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
So ODEXED is the stock rooted phones....

and DEODEXED is the Custom roms with a different framework.

So there is NO confusion for anyone.

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Oh, and good luck on the Wallet appp. I need that working on my S4 too!

actually a custom rom can still be odexed.

easy way to know is just go to your phone using root explorer or similar app and look at the /framework (and sometimes even system/apps) directory and if u see a bunch of ODEX files (files ending in .odex) then u are odexed.
If u do not see any odex files then u are deodexed (not odexed)

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston

easy way to know is just go to your phone using root explorer or similar app and look at the /framework (and sometimes even system/apps) directory and if u see a bunch of ODEX files (files ending in .odex) then u are odexed.

It's funny but (not trolling here folks so put the keyboards on pause for a sec. just pointing out a fact so bare with me) there are people that have been here for a long time (like myself and more so longer) that forget as newer devices make their way on to the market and in general more people find that they can do more with their devices than they ever dreamed, more find their way here and don't know what some of the inner workings are like or what to look for to start to learn as there is a ton to figure your way through even as advanced users.

Something simple as the apk structure in any device would be a new world for some one coming here from Apple we'll say and may not know that it matters. Patience and direction like @XeoNoX did here makes a huge difference on how new users find their way.

Now to the reason I decided to post is the flash worked great (Odex build, rooted, and everything else) and was wondering if anyone knew if triangle away was in the works for us? I don't mind it being custom but we all know there may come a time we need to take measures.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the 4-in-1 Reboot Menu Mod for T-Mobile users running the stock Tmobile Touchwiz rom.

Description: After you press the Power Button and Restart, you now get 4 options (Normal Reboot, Download, Hot Reboot, and Recovery)

This is for build M919UVUAMDB
    DEODEXED only: MDB Deodexed Download
    or
    ODEXED only MDB Odexed Download

------------------------------------------------------------

This is for build M919UVUAMDL
    DEODEXED only: MDL Deodexed Download
    or
    ODEXED only: MDL Odex Download

Google
    Samsung
    XDA Community
    Unknownforce
    kahvitahra
    crawrj
    mrvirginia
    mattlgroff (thanks mattlgroff for the MDL kernel that bypassed the restrictions with MDL)

BMHqUNV.jpg
    Confirmed is working on Wicked with my theme

ymeqezu8.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

It's funny but (not trolling here folks so put the keyboards on pause for a sec. just pointing out a fact so bare with me) there are people that have been here for a long time (like myself and more so longer) that forget as newer devices make their way on to the market and in general more people find that they can do more with their devices than they ever dreamed, more find their way here and don't know what some of the inner workings are like or what to look for to start to learn as there is a ton to figure your way through even as advanced users.

Something simple as the apk structure in any device would be a new world for some one coming here from Apple we'll say and may not know that it matters. Patience and direction like @XeoNoX did here makes a huge difference on how new users find their way.

Now to the reason I decided to post is the flash worked great (Odex build, rooted, and everything else) and was wondering if anyone knew if triangle away was in the works for us? I don't mind it being custom but we all know there may come a time we need to take measures.
    Confirmed working on Wicked v1.
    Thanks for this.
    No problemo, brother. Take your time and thanks!!!!

Try #2, this time i odexed my system and used the correct BOOTCLASSPATH location and correct signature verification..
    this is for ODEXED only and is EXPERIMENTAL: download BOTH FILES below (download both incase u have to revert back to normal), move both files to your (external/internal) SDCARD

go into recovery
    Flash zip "d_ap_test2.zip" using recovery
    reboot
    let me know if it works

let me know if it works.