[MOD] 4x4 widgets from One X Sense 5 rom v2 (updated 22nd aug)

Search This thread

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Guess the title says it all really.

As some of you are aware, HTC removed many of the full page widgets in Sense 5. However, they seem to have added most of those back in the Sense 5 rom just released for the One X. Amazingly, despite the difference in screen resolution, they all work on the One with little to no modding required.

I thought I'd package them up into a flashable zip, for those who want them.

DOWNLOAD HERE

The zip contains 4x4 widgets for:
  • HTC Notes
  • Mail
  • Music
  • Tasks

That's all folks :)

REQUIREMENTS:

• Root
  • 4.2.2 ROM

KNOWN BUGS:

I will keep a list of bugs here, but not sure how much time I'll have to address them. If anyone else wants to tackle them, please feel free :)

• Small text size on Mail widget

Last edited:

NoNo1234

Aug 27, 2009
Metz, France
Ho thanks fisha !! Can you port friendstream if exist ? I want to get rid of blinkfeed but the lake of this widget stop me :S

itr2sti

Jun 28, 2008
Thanks for this. Any chance of doing the 4x4 animated weather from the one s? I'm not sure if it was on the one x.

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
but why from One X xhdpi device? the widgets from butterfly are xx-hdpi...

Someone posted in our Rom thread asking us to port the One X widgets that were missing from One sense 5. I didn't realise those widgets were also in the butterfly rom. Though, apart from the Mail widget, the resolution doesn't seem to matter. Thanks for the link though :)

Ho thanks fisha !! Can you port friendstream if exist ? I want to get rid of blinkfeed but the lake of this widget stop me :S

Thanks for this. Any chance of doing the 4x4 animated weather from the one s? I'm not sure if it was on the one x.

HTC removed both of these from sense 5, which means the necessary sense framework has also been removed. Way beyond my abilities to reverse engineer these from sense 4, and add them to sense 5!!

Please. Need installable apks.

Well, you can just download the zip abd extract the apks from it. Though they are all system apps, so you won't be able to install them as regular apks

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Sorry, just realised I included the wrong calendar widget, the one in the zip has a dark semi-trans background. Have updated the link in OP with a fixed version that has the right stock white calendar widget

Apologies again!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guess the title says it all really.

As some of you are aware, HTC removed many of the full page widgets in Sense 5. However, they seem to have added most of those back in the Sense 5 rom just released for the One X. Amazingly, despite the difference in screen resolution, they all work on the One with little to no modding required.

I thought I'd package them up into a flashable zip, for those who want them.

DOWNLOAD HERE

The zip contains 4x4 widgets for:
    • HTC Notes
    • Mail
    • Music
    • Tasks

That's all folks :)

REQUIREMENTS:

• Root
    • 4.2.2 ROM

KNOWN BUGS:

I will keep a list of bugs here, but not sure how much time I'll have to address them. If anyone else wants to tackle them, please feel free :)

• Small text size on Mail widget

but why from One X xhdpi device? the widgets from butterfly are xx-hdpi...

> Widgets for 2.24.xxx.xx base [Mail, Messages, Stocks & more]
    Can i push them with adb from pc? I am on stock... No root, no s-off.
    Nope, you would need to be rooted to push or flash these apks.
    Awesome

Good work Fisha, I will do something like that one day....something that doesn't take 12 flippin hours :D