[MOD][5/22/2015][ATT] - Tether hack - OE2 build

Search This thread

pierre3408

Dec 7, 2010
Smithtown,NY
Just flashed. I'm now in a boot loop And have no idea how to stop it and turn off the phone, since we can't pull the battery.
I am stock, rooted with ping-pong root and flashed with flashfire. Help!!!!!

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Just flashed. I'm now in a boot loop And have no idea how to stop it and turn off the phone, since we can't pull the battery.

Hold Power, Home and Volume down and odin back.

Make sure you are using PingPong Root Beta 6 and you are not using the "Edge"

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
I just noticed this is for OE build, I am still on OC, never updated. So I was too quick to flash and made the noob mistake of not reading thouroughly!!!! Could that be why I'm boot looping?

Yeah, that could be it!

The signatures in the files dont match.

Take the OTA since your going to Odin back anyways. This OE2 OTA is safe.

I was just about to re-flash everything on my Verizon phone to see what was up but this just saved me a lot of time.

hoang51

Mar 20, 2011
I originally thought this was going to be built into CleanROM 1.1, but found out that it wasn't. I flashed this tether hack with FlashFire Free v0.18 (released on May 2, 2015) into CleanROM 1.1 and it works with my AT&T unlimited data plan. I wasn't going to go backwards with my Galaxy S6 when Nexus 5 I previously had was allowing me to tether freely. Tested and thanks, it works. =]

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Will this mod work on the tmobile Gs6? Thanks In advance!!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using XDA Free mobile app

dave812

Jun 7, 2010
Thnak you so much for this valuable contribution to our community!!

One weird thing I've noticed with this.... On your Rom, CleanRom, when I leave the initial wifi my phone was set up with and try to add another wifi (at work for example), the wifi tab under settings is blank. I've gone back and forth between roms, and oddly enough, the deodexed roms floating around don't have this problem. There is a quick work around in the appstore, wifi manager, that when opened shows the available networks and allows you to connect to them, so it's no big deal. Since I'm back on CleanRom, and it happened again, I thought I'd mention it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This allows those on the old plan to still utilize tether for free.

For custom TW or stock TW roms.

Flash with latest flash fire.

Make sure you are rooted with PinPong Root Beta 6 or higher.

Oh and hit thanks!

Hold Power, Home and Volume down and odin back.

Make sure you are using PingPong Root Beta 6 and you are not using the "Edge"
    I just noticed this is for OE build, I am still on OC, never updated. So I was too quick to flash and made the noob mistake of not reading thouroughly!!!! Could that be why I'm boot looping?

Yeah, that could be it!

The signatures in the files dont match.

Take the OTA since your going to Odin back anyways. This OE2 OTA is safe.

I was just about to re-flash everything on my Verizon phone to see what was up but this just saved me a lot of time.
    Was waiting for this. Flashed, tested, and confirmed working. Thanks! :good:

Your Welcome!
    Was waiting for this. Flashed, tested, and confirmed working. Thanks! :good: