[MOD][7.0+] Add more tiles to quick settings header

Search This thread

paphonb

Sep 5, 2014
Introduction
If you have used Android N-ify before, you might like the fact that you can change the amount of tiles to be shown in qs header. But that module doesn't work on 7.0 (Everyone knows why). That was one thing i miss from that module.
So I looked into android source again and found that the value is stored in Settings.Secure and can be easily chaged.

Requirements
- Android 7.0+ (Tested on stock 39.2.A.0.327 but should work on any 7.0+ ROM)
- Root or a PC

Instructions
1. - If you have root, open Terminal Emulator, type "su", press enter and grant su permission and skip to step 6
- If you have already know how to use ADB shell, skip to step 6
2. Turn on USB debugging
3. Install ADB to your PC. You can use Minimal ADB and Fastboot or install Android SDK.
4. Open command prompt and type "adb devices". You should see your device listed there. If it says "offline", you need to press accept on your phone.
5. Type "adb shell" and you should see something on your screen.
6. Type the following command into command prompt. Replace "AMOUNT" with your preferred value.
Code:
content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:sysui_qqs_count --bind value:i:AMOUNT
For example, If I want 6 tiles I need to type this command.
Code:
content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:sysui_qqs_count --bind value:i:6
7. Press enter. Then the tiles amount should be changed instantly. If it your SystemUI crashed, simply click "Close app" and it will return back to normal.
8. Enjoy.

Other tweaks

Navbar buttons
You can also change navbar buttons too. The layout is stored using the key "sysui_nav_bar".
Details
Format:
Code:
{left};{center};{right}
Where {left} is buttons on the left, {center} is center buttons and {right} is buttons on the right.
You can put multiple buttons using "," to split.
For example, default button layout is space and back button on the left, home in center, recent and ime on the right. So the layout would be
Code:
space,back\;home\;recent,menu_ime
You can squeeze all buttons into one side and comfortably use your phone one-handed.
Code:
;menu_ime,space;back,home,recent
After you arranged buttons to your liking, you can put it on your phone by using the same command like qs mod. You also need to escape ; by adding \ in front of it.
Code:
content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:sysui_nav_bar --bind value:s:\;menu_ime,space\;back,home,recent
Screenshot_20161204-212131.png

Screenshots

qqstilescount.png

If you like it, press that thanks button. :D

Last edited:

gello0

Jun 26, 2016
I followed the method but it didn't work for me any solution?
I'm using resurrection remix 5.8.1 N-7.1.1 in this version there is no option to change the option. I used both ADB and terminal.

AlexInvar

Jan 7, 2014
Is there anyway I could have the layout (not the colors) looking like this (attachment).
The two (enlarged) icons at the top with 5 rows instead of 3.

Attachments

• deze.png
    deze.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 526

ViperX85

Feb 21, 2013
Hey dev, great job. Is there something similar for data icons on status bar? I'd like to change 4G icon to that of AOSP/Google Pixel phones, just tiny LTE icon, I have Moto z play. Thanks.

trewelu

Aug 14, 2010

6. Type the following command into command prompt. Replace "AMOUNT" with your preferred value.
Code:
content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:sysui_qqs_count --bind value:i:AMOUNT
Code:
content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:sysui_qqs_count --bind value:i:6
7. Press enter. Then the tiles amount should be changed instantly. If it your SystemUI crashed, simply click "Close app" and it will return back to normal.

You could also do this directly, where you replace 7 with the amount you want
Code:
adb shell settings put secure sysui_qqs_count 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    If you have used Android N-ify before, you might like the fact that you can change the amount of tiles to be shown in qs header. But that module doesn't work on 7.0 (Everyone knows why). That was one thing i miss from that module.
    So I looked into android source again and found that the value is stored in Settings.Secure and can be easily chaged.

Requirements
    - Android 7.0+ (Tested on stock 39.2.A.0.327 but should work on any 7.0+ ROM)
    - Root or a PC

Instructions
    1. - If you have root, open Terminal Emulator, type "su", press enter and grant su permission and skip to step 6
    - If you have already know how to use ADB shell, skip to step 6
    2. Turn on USB debugging
    3. Install ADB to your PC. You can use Minimal ADB and Fastboot or install Android SDK.
    4. Open command prompt and type "adb devices". You should see your device listed there. If it says "offline", you need to press accept on your phone.
    Code:
    Code:
    8. Enjoy.

Other tweaks

Navbar buttons
    You can also change navbar buttons too. The layout is stored using the key "sysui_nav_bar".
    Details
    Format:
    Code:
    {left};{center};{right}
    Where {left} is buttons on the left, {center} is center buttons and {right} is buttons on the right.
    You can put multiple buttons using "," to split.
    For example, default button layout is space and back button on the left, home in center, recent and ime on the right. So the layout would be
    Code:
    space,back\;home\;recent,menu_ime
    You can squeeze all buttons into one side and comfortably use your phone one-handed.
    Code:
    ;menu_ime,space;back,home,recent
    After you arranged buttons to your liking, you can put it on your phone by using the same command like qs mod. You also need to escape ; by adding \ in front of it.
    Code:
    content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:sysui_nav_bar --bind value:s:\;menu_ime,space\;back,home,recent
    Screenshot_20161204-212131.png

Screenshots

qqstilescount.png

If you like it, press that thanks button. :D
    @paphonb Thank you for this amazing guide, was just figuring out how to do this, loved your amazing Android N-ify.

This Works perfectly :)
    True its work amazingly!! Maybe you know similar command for resizing nav bar size I mean heigh?
    There is no way to do that yet.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone