[MOD] 7/09/2012 High res camera ICS Sense 4 / 3.6 / Gingerbread

Search This thread

retepdgp

Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
I don't see why you can't just flash the original mod. The only thing you have to worry about is cut off letters, but that's nothing because the mod works. I can confirm that it works for both the latest CleanROM, and BAMF ROM. Also, you get full HD video at 20 mb/s.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

bokechukwu1

Jun 5, 2008
atlanta
Anyone have the files from the updated camera from BAMF 1.2? Trying to avoid reflash did a rookie mistake and didn't back up

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

are you guys NOT seeing noise in the uncompressed pics? because i am. they're just as noisy as before. i honestly don't think the pics this thing takes look good, on my end anyway.

In the pictures the OP gave, I see less noise than the pictures I see in the pics when I first got the Rez (when the only thing I did was turn off auto enhance and turn on widescreen). Mine are super noisy. It's distractingly grainy. His pictures are way better than mine. Basically, his look like mine if I set sharpness to -2, but without the loss in details. Not saying they're noise free (of course not) but it's insignificant, to my eyes.

That being said, I haven't even made the changes yet lol.

Let me see if I can dig up an example...

Edit: Also, my videos on stock only averaged around 3.5 Mbps for 720p and 7 Mbps for 1080p. So I'm really excited to try this mod. Think I'll just make a copy of the xml and just edit the file myself to match or just copy the new one in place and reboot.

Edit 2: What's with the camera.apk in the flashable zip? Was something changed to go along with the xml changes, or is just there in case someone tries flashing the zip on the Rezound without the stock camera?

Edit 3: Also, what do you guys think about increasing the audio quality on the vids? 96 Kbps seems a bit low, 128 seems like it should be the minimum, if not 160 or 192...

Last edited:

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
lol rockin, if only you saw the threads i started about how the video quality on this is such garbage..and you'd appreciate it, since you're apparently a drummer lol

the clicks and pops and clipping is TERRIBLE on this phones audio during the video, especailly since it encodes SO low. i've complained to HTC about how their audio centric phone has terrible TERRIBLE codecs in it for audio/video lol

lol rockin, if only you saw the threads i started about how the video quality on this is such garbage..and you'd appreciate it, since you're apparently a drummer lol

the clicks and pops and clipping is TERRIBLE on this phones audio during the video, especailly since it encodes SO low. i've complained to HTC about how their audio centric phone has terrible TERRIBLE codecs in it for audio/video lol

I think I've seen you mention it haha. I don't usually record video, but the one video I did record (SF new years fireworks, 15 mins) did have some strange things happen. I mean, it's mostly whistling, crackling, and booming noises during a fireworks show anyway. But I did notice at one part of the video it like, cut out to mono instead of stereo, or something weird. Either way, I don't do any serious video recording with this thing. But looking at the XML file, all video is recorded with 96 Kbps audio which is just too freakin low. Needs to be at least 160 IMO. But I don't even listen to lossy music that's less than 192 these days, and that's rare. Usually VBR, or high CBR, or FLAC.

You know what I'm waiting for is chad.goodman to get his hands on the ICS kernel. Have you tried his Antrax kernel on GB? It has all kinds of features but I personally think the best thing about it is all his custom work he did on getting Beats to actually be BAMF. For real, not with just the stupid EQ S curve they've got going on.

I flashed to GB and installed his kernel just to hear it and it sounds like the phone should have sounded out of the box. But that alone is not enough to keep me on GB considering that I still have an iPod. Haven't totally found a way to replace that yet (and believe me, I've been looking).

Edit: Ugh, don't they advertise this phone recording in stereo audio? XML says "channels=1" everywhere!

Edit 2: Question for OP: In your newer XML, you changed 1080p video dimensions to 1920 x 1080 whereas stock is 1920 x 1088. However, you left timelapse 1080 dimensions at the same 1920 x 1088 that stock says. Is there a reason for that?

Last edited:
it does stereo recording...tap the bottom mic then tap the side mic, then put it on the pc..itll come through left and right speakers

Yeah that's what I thought... strange that the XML says 1 channel, but I don't know squat about that kind of stuff. I changed it the say 2 channel and just made a quick video, which I will now dissect on the PC.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
watch my guitar/bass/drum videos

www.youtube.com/ochsbeatdown

anything labeled HTC rezound is the pure rezound audio...there's clicks and pops like crazy, and that's even when my stack is turned low. the mic sensitivity is too high, i assume, because my drum videos are clipping like crazy. basically we need to adjust the sensitivity, make the bitrate MUCH higher, and get rid of those clicks, pops, and phasing issues.

watch my guitar/bass/drum videos

www.youtube.com/ochsbeatdown

anything labeled HTC rezound is the pure rezound audio...there's clicks and pops like crazy, and that's even when my stack is turned low. the mic sensitivity is too high, i assume, because my drum videos are clipping like crazy. basically we need to adjust the sensitivity, make the bitrate MUCH higher, and get rid of those clicks, pops, and phasing issues.

Yeah I hear what you're talking about. When I get home, I'll see about posting a link to my fireworks video. I uploaded it to youtube but it turned out to be "too long."

Also, more bad news. It doesn't seem like any of the changes made to the XML file will affect video recordings. 1080p isn't even 1080 like it was modified to be, it's still 1088. Audio is still 96 Kbps, even though I changed it to 192. I don't know man.

joebrady119

Apr 27, 2010
Getting a little closer. Got 128 sound too.

Attachments

• picture001.jpg
    picture001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 637

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
dude, joe, good job man!

if you can somehow pull AT LEAST 320 kbps for audio (i'm willing to accept 256...but i'm an audiophile and idc about size lol) i would be quite greatful..that plus 20mbps, holy hell. you'll rock lol

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yeah I hear what you're talking about. When I get home, I'll see about posting a link to my fireworks video. I uploaded it to youtube but it turned out to be "too long."

Also, more bad news. It doesn't seem like any of the changes made to the XML file will affect video recordings. 1080p isn't even 1080 like it was modified to be, it's still 1088. Audio is still 96 Kbps, even though I changed it to 192. I don't know man.

I read somewhere that 1080 video actually does have 1088 vertical pixels. here's the details I found:

The SMPTE 274M standard document which is announced by SMPTE (The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) organization specify the conception and definition of 1080I & 1080P. The standard document defines eleven types of Full HD format, in which three types are 1080I interlaced video that means the resolution of each image is 1920×544 pixels. And other eight types are 1080P progressive video that means the resolution of each image is 1920×1088 pixels that roughly include 24P, 25P, 30P, 50P and 60P in which the 24P is movie mode, the 25P and 50P are the frame rate based on PAL standard, the 30P and 60P are the frame rate based on NTSC standard. So there are three basic indexes of 1080P, the first is that the horizontal resolution shall be 1920 pixels and the vertical resolution shall be 1088 pixels, the second condition is must to be regressive scanning and the last on is that the frame rate at least achieve 25 or 30 frames per second. Calculated in this way, the whole system shall conduct at least 1920×1088×30=62668800 pixels per second, that is sixty million pixels which is the precise definition of 1080P30.

Last edited:

joebrady119

Apr 27, 2010
UPDATE:

I was playing with the camera settings that were patched for the sensation and believe that it was as simple as changing the compression numbers in the media profiles xml file. But it wasn't. editing camera now too.

Update: I am getting images saved at over 5mb each and videos at a bit rate of 20 mbps and resolution of 1088x1920.

layout of camera is slightly off... working on that next.

Audio at 272 kbps

I have also attached a photo that i took.

if anyone would be willing to test, that would be great.

Flashable zip for mod and stock attached

Have only tested on new ics leak - RUU 3.11.605.22

If someone can please test....let me know what you think.

Zip in Post 1

Reactions: rockingondrums

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
holy balls. i might flash this and give it a go....do you also have the stock one to flash back in case this f's stuff up?

nevermind i'm an idiot and don't know how to read ;) i was too excited!

wait, where's the stock one?

Top Liked Posts