[MOD][7.1.2] Aldeon Surround Sound Mod for S6/S7

Search This thread

brezzz

Dec 21, 2010
Is there any way to turn off the earpiece and just have a louder bottom speaker?

Nylonnohay

Apr 5, 2018
In sm-g920w8 device.. is working insanely good. Also in-call audio works perfect. With alexis sorround mod the volume of the earphone was too low, and in-call audio dont work. But with this, both things works good. Im using noble rom v5.1 with noble default kernel.

Reactions: minealex2244

Coraiser

Apr 21, 2011
Stuttgart
It is finally here, just for you, AOSP 7.1 users: a mod to get surround sound on your S6 :D
I'm presenting to you my work: Aldeon Surround Sound
Download the attachment, go to /system/etc and rename the existing mixer_paths_0.xml to mixer_paths_0.xml.bak then copy the new mixer_paths_0.xml and change the permissions to rw-r--r-- or 0644.
It won't damage your earpiece so keep calm ;)
Features:
- louder than stock
- left and right channels
- better for utilisation in landscape
To download on mobile just use Chrome, long press on attachment and click "Download link".

To adjust the volumes:
- open /system/etc/mixer_paths_0.xml
- search for "Output volume stage" then look at the "gain-media-speaker" path
- decrease or increase by 2 or more (not recommended) the "46" and "36" values (2 values for HPOUT3 and 2 for AIF4TX) to the values you want

Don't ask me "Does this mod work on XYZ ROM?". The answer is "I don't know, test and report!".
It should be compatible with all models. If you have the Canadian version, download the second attachment and remove that " (w8)" from its name.
Compatible with all 7.1 ROMs.
Reported to be compatible with S7
If you want to use this in your ROM, give me the proper credits and you are done.
Credits to @AlexisXDA for his original work on the 7.0 Surround Sound. After converting his changes to a "patch" I was able to apply that "patch" to our mixer_paths_0.xml. It needed a lot of testing.

Does this work with the AldeLOS Kernel too? (7.1.2) with LineageOS 14.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is finally here, just for you, AOSP 7.1 users: a mod to get surround sound on your S6 :D
    I'm presenting to you my work: Aldeon Surround Sound
    Download the attachment, go to /system/etc and rename the existing mixer_paths_0.xml to mixer_paths_0.xml.bak then copy the new mixer_paths_0.xml and change the permissions to rw-r--r-- or 0644.
    It won't damage your earpiece so keep calm ;)
    Features:
    - louder than stock
    - left and right channels
    - better for utilisation in landscape
    To download on mobile just use Chrome, long press on attachment and click "Download link".

To adjust the volumes:
    - open /system/etc/mixer_paths_0.xml
    - search for "Output volume stage" then look at the "gain-media-speaker" path
    - decrease or increase by 2 or more (not recommended) the "46" and "36" values (2 values for HPOUT3 and 2 for AIF4TX) to the values you want

Don't ask me "Does this mod work on XYZ ROM?". The answer is "I don't know, test and report!".
    It should be compatible with all models. If you have the Canadian version, download the second attachment and remove that " (w8)" from its name.
    Compatible with all 7.1 ROMs.
    Reported to be compatible with S7
    If you want to use this in your ROM, give me the proper credits and you are done.
    Credits to @AlexisXDA for his original work on the 7.0 Surround Sound. After converting his changes to a "patch" I was able to apply that "patch" to our mixer_paths_0.xml. It needed a lot of testing.
    There was a problem with poweramp sorry about that.

However ear piece is too loud and causes some distortion with bass effects. It wasn't present in the stock rom. I'll be very happy if u fix this thanks.

I'll add in OP a method to adjust the sound volume.
    Holy **** this works on my S7 edge too haha. Both speakers are separated channels but when there's audio at the left channel it'll be play on the bottom speaker too

Wow that's amazing! :D The bottom speaker issue is just a limitation.

How do I change its permission?

Use Solid Explorer then long press on the file, click Properties, then Attributes and check all the read permissions then click Apply.
    Has anyone had any issues with people not being able to hear you during phone calls after applying this Mod? It may just be a coincidence - But after applying the mixer_path mod I started having trouble with calls - Dirty Flashed the Rom and calls are working properly again... Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8 running Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 r_24.

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
    My SM-G930W8

I found out what the issue was. I'll make a separate version for G93xW8.
    Great & Thanks - Looking forward to testing it out

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
    My SM-G930W8

It's done. Tell me if it works now :D