[Mod][7.x] Xthermal Mod - Xtreme (SuperHot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ml11ML

Mar 1, 2015
**YOU HAVE NOONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF IN THE CASE OF YOUR NEXUS TURNING INTO A NOTE 7 AND BLOWING UP, CATCHING FIRE OR MELTING OR ANY BAD THINGS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**

This is a much MUCH more extreme version of the original Xthermal Mod that i made for personal use on stock rooted 7.0 and will share it here just in case someone wants it. I highly recomend to use the original mod as it is much safer. The config is optimised for games that would normally stutter or lag because of throttling. It keeps the GPU clock high up to much higher temps and even keep it maxed when the cpu starts to throttle to leave more thermal headroom for the gpu to run. The first throttle step is at 58C, cpu drops to 1200mhz but the gpu stays at max clock, the second step is at 61C where the cpu drops to 760mhz and the gpu to 390mhz, the thermal shutdown is still the same as stock at 66C. I highly recomend, that you use a "open back" case like the one i made (pic attached) so the phone can still release as much heat as possible while you hold the case to keep it comfortable(it will get hot to the touch). I recomend you to not charge with the fastcharger while doing high stress things as i have no idea what might happen to the battery. The benchmark difference is not huge as the maximal clocks stay the same, but real world gameplay (i tested simpleplanes which always stuttered and lagged like hell, now runs smooth) will do much better. Side effect is also possible better long term multitasking as while the mod is not made with the intention of keeping cpu fast, it still raises the first throttle step even for the cpu by a lot.

++V2++
Even more power for longer, slightly higher cpu clock on first throttle step, much higher gpu clock on 2nd throttle step, all steps temperature limit even higher than before but the last step that shuts down the phone is left at stock levels.

Attachments

• Xthermal_MLI_Xtreme_7.0.zip
    380.6 KB · Views: 181
  • WIN_20160922_00_11_55_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160922_00_11_55_Pro.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 1,818
  • Xthermal_MLI_Xtreme_V2_7.0.zip
    380.6 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **YOU HAVE NOONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF IN THE CASE OF YOUR NEXUS TURNING INTO A NOTE 7 AND BLOWING UP, CATCHING FIRE OR MELTING OR ANY BAD THINGS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**

This is a much MUCH more extreme version of the original Xthermal Mod that i made for personal use on stock rooted 7.0 and will share it here just in case someone wants it. I highly recomend to use the original mod as it is much safer. The config is optimised for games that would normally stutter or lag because of throttling. It keeps the GPU clock high up to much higher temps and even keep it maxed when the cpu starts to throttle to leave more thermal headroom for the gpu to run. The first throttle step is at 58C, cpu drops to 1200mhz but the gpu stays at max clock, the second step is at 61C where the cpu drops to 760mhz and the gpu to 390mhz, the thermal shutdown is still the same as stock at 66C. I highly recomend, that you use a "open back" case like the one i made (pic attached) so the phone can still release as much heat as possible while you hold the case to keep it comfortable(it will get hot to the touch). I recomend you to not charge with the fastcharger while doing high stress things as i have no idea what might happen to the battery. The benchmark difference is not huge as the maximal clocks stay the same, but real world gameplay (i tested simpleplanes which always stuttered and lagged like hell, now runs smooth) will do much better. Side effect is also possible better long term multitasking as while the mod is not made with the intention of keeping cpu fast, it still raises the first throttle step even for the cpu by a lot.

++V2++
    Even more power for longer, slightly higher cpu clock on first throttle step, much higher gpu clock on 2nd throttle step, all steps temperature limit even higher than before but the last step that shuts down the phone is left at stock levels.
    Fantastic, now I can use my phone as a hand warmer in the winter.
    Thread temporarily closed while under investigation for violation of Rule 12. Thank you for your patience.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone