[MOD] 70-72Hz Display Mod for OnePlus6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
70-72Hz Mod for OnePlus 6!

So here it is guys! Our own Display OC mod! Ever since Mi9 got one I really wanted to make one for OP6 too and after many sleepless nights and compiling various things, here it is! Let's talk about couple of things, is it safe? Mi9 users and K20 Pro users have a similar mod and they reported no screen damage so far. I will be testing this mod 24/7 and report how it affects my screen. I also used lower values just because 75Hz seemed bit unstable so this mod is pretty safe I'd say. 70Hz runs really.. well. Smoothly! :laugh: Can You notice the difference? Yes! Shocking how much difference there is in 10Hz. Battery life? Probably no impact at all since the OC is pretty small.

Can I flash it on 6T, santoni, vince, my new mt6580 phone?? No! Even though it won't brick Your phone, it simply won't work.

Compatibility? Most likely all Pie roms, maybe even without root.

How to Install:
Windows Users:
Extract the zip somewhere.
Reboot to fastboot and plug Your phone in.
Double tap on 70hz_recommended_flasher_windows.bat (Don't run it as admin)
Wait till it finishes flashing.
Reboot and enjoy!

Check screenshots in attached images!

Download:
70_72Hz Mod for OnePlus6
Stock 60Hz Flasher for OnePlus6

If You have any other problems, just ask here on XDA or for the fastest support PM me or ask someone in my group on Telegram
Join my group!

If You like my work, You can support me here!

https://www.paypal.me/protodevnan0

Credits:
ZhenXin and Andy Chan for original dtbo mod idea.
FunkWizard/OnePlus for latest firmwares!
OnePlus for creating OP6!
My friend Dylan for always supporting me :D
If I forgot anyone, just PM me on Telegram!

XDA:DevDB Information
[MOD] 70-72Hz Display Mod for OnePlus6 , Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
ProtoDeVNan0
Source Code: https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845/tree/oneplus/SDM845_P_9.0_Beta

Version Information

Created 2019-07-27
Last Updated 2019-07-27

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-130913.jpg
    Screenshot_20190727-130913.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 7,297
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    70-72Hz Mod for OnePlus 6!

So here it is guys! Our own Display OC mod! Ever since Mi9 got one I really wanted to make one for OP6 too and after many sleepless nights and compiling various things, here it is! Let's talk about couple of things, is it safe? Mi9 users and K20 Pro users have a similar mod and they reported no screen damage so far. I will be testing this mod 24/7 and report how it affects my screen. I also used lower values just because 75Hz seemed bit unstable so this mod is pretty safe I'd say. 70Hz runs really.. well. Smoothly! :laugh: Can You notice the difference? Yes! Shocking how much difference there is in 10Hz. Battery life? Probably no impact at all since the OC is pretty small.

Can I flash it on 6T, santoni, vince, my new mt6580 phone?? No! Even though it won't brick Your phone, it simply won't work.

Compatibility? Most likely all Pie roms, maybe even without root.

How to Install:
    Windows Users:
    Extract the zip somewhere.
    Reboot to fastboot and plug Your phone in.
    Double tap on 70hz_recommended_flasher_windows.bat (Don't run it as admin)
    Wait till it finishes flashing.
    Reboot and enjoy!

Check screenshots in attached images!

Download:
    70_72Hz Mod for OnePlus6
    Stock 60Hz Flasher for OnePlus6

If You have any other problems, just ask here on XDA or for the fastest support PM me or ask someone in my group on Telegram
    Join my group!

If You like my work, You can support me here!

https://www.paypal.me/protodevnan0

Credits:
    ZhenXin and Andy Chan for original dtbo mod idea.
    FunkWizard/OnePlus for latest firmwares!
    OnePlus for creating OP6!
    My friend Dylan for always supporting me :D
    If I forgot anyone, just PM me on Telegram!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD] 70-72Hz Display Mod for OnePlus6 , Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    ProtoDeVNan0
    Source Code: https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845/tree/oneplus/SDM845_P_9.0_Beta

Version Information

Created 2019-07-27
    Last Updated 2019-07-27
    Please stop this nonsense.
    Yeah, that's right. It is not actually possible to change the refresh rate on this device (or the 6T) because they use command mode panels. This modified dtbo is essentially just creating an illusion that's causing the refresh rate to be reported as 70Hz without actually changing it. I'm sure this wasn't intentionally malicious and the creator simply wasn't aware of this fact, but this has all been an exercise in the placebo effect. A live refresh rate sample will reveal the truth.

Just noticed that our dtb doesn't have certain things that K20 Pro dtb does. I think You're right. I thought it was real because at 75Hz the display got weird stuttering but I guess yeah. Like I said I only have basic kernel knowledge so I had no idea. A while ago I saw a kernel made by some huge Dev with display OC and he's edits looked fairly similar so I thought that same basic changes would work here too. But I didn't think that different panels can have different methods of communicating etc. My bad :(

Please stop this nonsense.

Sorry! Will report the thread so that it can be deleted. :fingers-crossed: Didn't mean to do it on purpose.
    So I just checked in Chrome refresh after flashing. :(
    Aida says 70hz but Chrome says 60...

Yeah, that's right. It is not actually possible to change the refresh rate on this device (or the 6T) because they use command mode panels. This modified dtbo is essentially just creating an illusion that's causing the refresh rate to be reported as 70Hz without actually changing it. I'm sure this wasn't intentionally malicious and the creator simply wasn't aware of this fact, but this has all been an exercise in the placebo effect. A live refresh rate sample will reveal the truth.
    THREAD CLOSED! Request of OP.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone