[MOD][8.0+][Updated] MIUI 12 Live 'Super' Wallpapers ported to any Android device!

Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012

After being featured on the XDA-Developers.com portal, today I bring you an update to my well known collection of Super Wallpapers, ported straight from MIUI 12.

Features included with these wallpapers:
  • Ported straight from MIUI 12. All features available in the original MIUI 12 APKs, with the exception of AOD, are available as well in these.
  • Adapted to work on AOSP-based ROMs. Thanks to some custom code I wrote, the unlock effects now work on any Android 8.0+ device.
  • Offers a wide variety of wallpapers to choose from. You can choose from astonishing green sceneries like the ones present in the Forest wallpaper, or submerge yourself in the red abyss of Mars, stopping by North Pole's cold Glaciers. (NEW!) And now with the addition of Saturn, you can check two new beautiful renders of it, one showing its rings in horizontal and the other showing them in vertical.
  • NEW! Code reworked from the ground-up. With proper help of a VCS tool, all code is now shared among all APKs of each version, making it easier for future updates, and who knows what more surprises to come... ;)
Known limitations we have in mind so far:
  • AOD wallpapers won't work nor apply on any device, no matter it being Xiaomi or any other brand. This is due to a restriction with these being signed with my own key instead of your device's OEM platform key. If you are interested in including these in your ROM, please contact me and I will gladly assist you on re-enabling AOD features. Please, only contact me if you are a ROM developer.
Versions available:
We currently have the following options available:
  • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Forest" and "Glacier" in the case of Earth.
  • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Central Mountains of Hale Crater" (exclusive!) and "Evergreen Garden" (exclusive!)
  • A set of two wallpapers, named "Vertical" and "Horizontal" in the case of Saturn (exclusive!)
These options come as well in three different variants (except for the Saturn wallpapers):
  • Default, which behaves just like Xiaomi intended these wallpapers to be, following your system dark theme and your clock to go dark or bright accordingly.
  • An "Always light/bright version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay bright no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.
  • An "Always dark version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay dark no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.

This makes 9 wallpapers for each, Mars and Earth, plus 2 variants for Saturn, which makes a total of 20 live Super Wallpapers included.

Want to see how they look like?
EdUNitB.jpg
77s0cMO.jpg
DwYd3Z8.jpg
Zqnv8jx.jpg
NpCrxWe.jpg
RDvfB8Q.jpg

QUeNsa7.jpg

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION HERE!
(all APKs in a folder) | last updated 2020-08-11

Follow me on Twitter to stay up-to-date
and get sneak peaks of upcoming works!

XDA:DevDB Information
[MOD] MIUI 12 Live 'Super' Wallpapers ported to any Android device!, App for the Android General

Contributors
linuxct

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-08-12

Created 2020-05-06
Last Updated 2020-08-13

Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper in both Always Dark and Always Bright versions looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it.

As it turns out, that was an issue on my side. The APKs for 'Evergreen Garden' Always Dark and Always Bright versions have just been updated to look the way they should! Enjoy.

---------------------------------------

As a side note, if you are currently using MIUI 11 and wish to use these wallpapers, please check the post quoted below by @balcis in order to get them fully working, including on your lockscreen!

For those who are in my situation I may have found a workaround. I opened MI themes app, and downloaded any livewallpaper and set it for home and lockscreen. After that I've opened Google wallpaper app and selected superwallpaper and it worked.

----------------------------------------

I've just published another wallpaper y'all might like. It's a port from FlymeOS' 8 Live Wallpapers, and they work on Android 5.0+.
You can check a preview of how it looks in this tweet: https://twitter.com/linuxct/status/1272953346371063814
You can download it from here.

Enjoy it!

Last edited:

Redaguerarra

Apr 23, 2018
Thank you so much for your hard work on porting these wallpapers , the previous version worked flawless on my s7 edge , trying to download the new updated ones but it keeps saying no mirrors found on androidfilehost , i will try downloading again in few hours

ryan_sarchan

Apr 19, 2011
Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it. Enjoy!

Thanks for Sharing, but always no mirros found, i can't DL them

Thank you so much for your hard work on porting these wallpapers , the previous version worked flawless on my s7 edge , trying to download the new updated ones but it keeps saying no mirrors found on androidfilehost , i will try downloading again in few hours

Same Here, always "OOPS! no mirrors found."

Reactions: ylaandroid

cutmylifein2

May 20, 2012
kochi
Same.here no mirror found...

Also it's v difficult to download each and every apk separately.. u shud make 4 zips.
1. All mars bright.zip
2. All earth bright.zil
3. All earth dark.zip
4. All mars dark.zip

On android filehost it's v difficult to download the files separately

giodegracia

Oct 28, 2010
Davao
i wish there was a way to unlock this wallpapers on a stock miui 12 device like my mi 9t pro. i just want to have the always bright and unlock wallpapers for mars.

ravish_919

Jul 11, 2010
Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it. Enjoy!

You cleared before I raise this doubt :D
Everything works with smooth animations.
Thanks for your contribution

Edit: Mars Default Evergreen gardens & Mars Bright Evergreen gardens looks entirely different. Not talking about the the bright green or dark, the whole picture is different

Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Hi everyone, thanks for the suggestions, you were right. For some reason the download links weren't working albeit being uploaded correctly to AFH. I've updated the link to the download, it's a MEGA folder so it should be pretty fast. Enjoy!

subworx

Oct 8, 2010
Looks really cool :)

I take it I can/must install several of these at once to check out the variations?
Would it be possible to create an APK simply containing everything, or e.g. all Earth or all bright wallpapers?

[Edit]Literally one minute before I posted that you might consider using MEGA, you wrote it yourself :D[/Edit]

Thank you very much.

Regards,
sub

Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Looks really cool :)

I take it I can/must install several of these at once to check out the variations?
Would it be possible to create an APK simply containing everything, or e.g. all Earth or all bright wallpapers?

As others reported, AndroidFileHost can't find mirrors currently.
Maybe a folder on Mega would be a good alternative to AFH.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
sub

For now, and given the amount of posibtilies / what pieces of code had been modified, it was only possible if the APKs were completely separated. I get your point, but the fact is I modified blobs which aren't really possible to be switched in runtime... That's why.

In some other news, we made it to the XDA-Develipers.com portal again! Thank you!

subworx

Oct 8, 2010
For now, and given the amount of posibtilies / what pieces of code had been modified, it was only possible if the APKs were completely separated. I get your point, but the fact is I modified blobs which aren't really possible to be switched in runtime... That's why.

Short and precise explanation which I completely understand and am fine with, thank you once more :good:

Congratulations :D

Regards,
sub

Reactions: linuxct

jhannbernas

Sep 11, 2010
Singapore
Really Thanks for this. Been looking for a good live wallpaper to replace pixel wallpaper i have been using for quite sometime.

Just check why the Super Mars Evergreen Gardens on default folder (first image) is totally different with the one in the always bright folder (second image).

Can we have the always bright version similar to default (first image)?

Attachments

• SuperMars_EvergreenGardens_Default.jpg
    SuperMars_EvergreenGardens_Default.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 9,238
  • SuperMars_EvergreenGardens_AlwaysBright.jpg
    SuperMars_EvergreenGardens_AlwaysBright.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 9,201
Reactions: ravish_919

pi4a7a

May 14, 2015
Varna
I'm kinda confused, please excuse me.
How can we get bright Hale Crater, is that even possible or Xiaomi didn't include this asset?
We got it after the update, but the crater app is with Earth icon and it's called Evergreen Gardens and HaleCrater apk isnt hale crater :D
hope you get what I mean.

Great work, really appreciated. Thank you

I also get the icons to show in my launcher(OnePlus Launcher) probably appearing at other launchers. Is it possible to make them not appear by default(yes I can hide them)?

Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Edit: Mars Default Evergreen gardens & Mars Bright Evergreen gardens looks entirely different. Not talking about the the bright green or dark, the whole picture is different

Yep, I messed up with the blobs, they have just been updated on the download folder too. Now they all look the way they should.

Really Thanks for this. Been looking for a good live wallpaper to replace pixel wallpaper i have been using for quite sometime.
Just check why the Super Mars Evergreen Gardens on default folder (first image) is totally different with the one in the always bright folder (second image).
Can we have the always bright version similar to default (first image)?

Read my post above.

Last edited:

jhannbernas

Sep 11, 2010
Singapore
Yep, I messed up with the blobs, they have just been updated on the download folder too. Now they all look the way they should.
If I can I will release another different version with the second forest assets that I mistakenly created :p

Read my post above.

Thanks. I have redownloaded the latest. And it is now exactly same as default.

NaabKing

Dec 2, 2010
Damn dude, thank you VERY much for this! Everything looks great, especially the bright ones! Great work as always and i'm assuming, this is all the Super Wallpapers that Xiaomi made for MIUI 12? Nothing left?

I know how they look like, but a GIF of the animations would be great in the first post, so more people would see the preview-s of how they look like, you can just take them from the XDA news article probably:
https://www.xda-developers.com/down...two-new-options-hale-crater-evergreen-garden/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

After being featured on the XDA-Developers.com portal, today I bring you an update to my well known collection of Super Wallpapers, ported straight from MIUI 12.

Features included with these wallpapers:
    • Ported straight from MIUI 12. All features available in the original MIUI 12 APKs, with the exception of AOD, are available as well in these.
    • Adapted to work on AOSP-based ROMs. Thanks to some custom code I wrote, the unlock effects now work on any Android 8.0+ device.
    • Offers a wide variety of wallpapers to choose from. You can choose from astonishing green sceneries like the ones present in the Forest wallpaper, or submerge yourself in the red abyss of Mars, stopping by North Pole's cold Glaciers. (NEW!) And now with the addition of Saturn, you can check two new beautiful renders of it, one showing its rings in horizontal and the other showing them in vertical.
    • NEW! Code reworked from the ground-up. With proper help of a VCS tool, all code is now shared among all APKs of each version, making it easier for future updates, and who knows what more surprises to come... ;)
    Known limitations we have in mind so far:
    • AOD wallpapers won't work nor apply on any device, no matter it being Xiaomi or any other brand. This is due to a restriction with these being signed with my own key instead of your device's OEM platform key. If you are interested in including these in your ROM, please contact me and I will gladly assist you on re-enabling AOD features. Please, only contact me if you are a ROM developer.
    Versions available:
    We currently have the following options available:
    • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Forest" and "Glacier" in the case of Earth.
    • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Central Mountains of Hale Crater" (exclusive!) and "Evergreen Garden" (exclusive!)
    • A set of two wallpapers, named "Vertical" and "Horizontal" in the case of Saturn (exclusive!)
    These options come as well in three different variants (except for the Saturn wallpapers):
    • Default, which behaves just like Xiaomi intended these wallpapers to be, following your system dark theme and your clock to go dark or bright accordingly.
    • An "Always light/bright version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay bright no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.
    • An "Always dark version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay dark no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.

This makes 9 wallpapers for each, Mars and Earth, plus 2 variants for Saturn, which makes a total of 20 live Super Wallpapers included.

Want to see how they look like?
    EdUNitB.jpg
    77s0cMO.jpg
    DwYd3Z8.jpg
    Zqnv8jx.jpg
    NpCrxWe.jpg
    RDvfB8Q.jpg

QUeNsa7.jpg

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION HERE!
    (all APKs in a folder) | last updated 2020-08-11

Follow me on Twitter to stay up-to-date
    and get sneak peaks of upcoming works!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD] MIUI 12 Live 'Super' Wallpapers ported to any Android device!, App for the Android General

Contributors
    linuxct

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-12

Created 2020-05-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-13
    Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper in both Always Dark and Always Bright versions looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it.

As it turns out, that was an issue on my side. The APKs for 'Evergreen Garden' Always Dark and Always Bright versions have just been updated to look the way they should! Enjoy.

---------------------------------------

As a side note, if you are currently using MIUI 11 and wish to use these wallpapers, please check the post quoted below by @balcis in order to get them fully working, including on your lockscreen!

For those who are in my situation I may have found a workaround. I opened MI themes app, and downloaded any livewallpaper and set it for home and lockscreen. After that I've opened Google wallpaper app and selected superwallpaper and it worked.

----------------------------------------

I've just published another wallpaper y'all might like. It's a port from FlymeOS' 8 Live Wallpapers, and they work on Android 5.0+.
    You can check a preview of how it looks in this tweet: https://twitter.com/linuxct/status/1272953346371063814
    You can download it from here.

Enjoy it!
    Hello, same here. First of all thanks for you work. I'm using it via Google Wallpaper app but it doesn't change lockscreen wall, only home screen. Any solution to this? Device Mi 9 lite (CC), MIUI 11 up to date.

Hey everyone,

And, you can download it from here.

Enjoy it!

I just released the a new version of both Mars and Earth's Super Wallpapers!​

Features:
    • New scenes: Greece's Navagio Beach, Italy's Dolomites, Pahrump Hills and Bahram Vallis.
    • Single, self contained APK for all previous and new scenes.
    • Added a new custom-built configuration activity that lets you choose which scene to display in-screen.
    • The wallpaper follows your system theme and time of the day.
    • Sunrise and sunset will have special effects in some of the scenes (when the device's set to light mode).
    NOTE: This new version does not contain a dark/bright toggle and a separate APK will not be provided for them.

If you would like keep your device in dark mode during the entire day, but let the wallpaper change according to the time of the day do the following:
    • Enable Dark mode in your screen/customization Settings
    • Enable the Schedule option (if your device has it), and set it to a custom schedule.
    • Set the start time to 4:00am and the end time at 3:59am.
    This way, you will effectively have dark mode enabled the entire day, while preserving the wallpaper brightness changes.

If you want to check out some screenshots and previews, check the Twitter thread!

Download the new Earth Super Wallpaper APK here.

Download the new Mars Super Wallpaper APK here.