[MOD] Advanced Power Menu - 4.53/4.54/4.67/5.07 OTA Based Roms - 07/03/12

Search This thread

ca1ne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to add a few more options to the Power Menu after having added the Reboot Mod. Also I realized the Restart option that was originally listed was a duplication of an option in the pop up reboot menu, so I took it out. With that said, here are some new additions to the power menu.

For those of you who just want to add a reboot menu option, please go to this link: 4 in 1 Reboot Mod

Advanced Power Menu

Power Off
Reboot (contains Normal Reboot, Hot Restart, Bootloader, Recovery)
Silent Mode
Vibration Mode
Airplane Mode
Mobile Network

Files

4.53 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-4.53_signed.zip
4.54 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-4.53_signed.zip
4.67 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-4.67_signed.zip
5.07 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-5.07_signed.zip

Diff File - APM467-Diff.txt
*note 5.07 has different string.xml id for reboot string

What is needed for this to work.

A DeOdexed OTA based rom
A recovery that flashes edify scripts.

Note

Please check with your rom's developer to see if he/she has made any modifications to the android.policy.jar ... if they haven't and you haven't added any custom modifications that override this file you should be all set..

Update Log

10-21-11 - Initial Post of Advanced Power Menu
2-12-12 - Updated to 4.67 and included diff file (modified file android.policy.jar)
7-3-12 - Updated to 5.07 using deodexed version of Captain_Throwbacks Rom

Screen Shots

6268288202_e31c582981.jpg
6267763831_5ebd329fa8.jpg

Attachments

• AdvPowerMenu-4.53_signed.zip
    277.7 KB · Views: 379
  • AdvPowerMenu-4.67_signed.zip
    277.3 KB · Views: 184
  • APM467-Diff.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 127
  • AdvPowerMenu-5.07_signed.zip
    277.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

ca1ne

Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
Thank you... This was once again reenabling what was already there..

I never understood HTC for disabling options that were in the base code to start with, except if they wanted the evo stock to look and act less than that it could have become just to get us to buy the newer phones.

swagstr

Sep 4, 2010
Corvallis, OR
www.goodandevo.net
Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to add a few more options to the Power Menu after having added the Reboot Mod. Also I realized the Restart option that was originally listed was a duplication of an option in the pop up reboot menu, so I took it out. With that said, here are some new additions to the power menu.

For those of you who just want to add a reboot menu option, please go to this link: 4 in 1 Reboot Mod

Advanced Power Menu

Power Off
Silent Mode
Vibration Mode
Airplane Mode
Mobile Network

A DeOdexed 4.53 OTA based rom.

Note

Please check with your rom's developer to see if he/she has made any modifications to the android.policy.jar ... if they haven't and you haven't added any custom modifications that override this file you should be all set..

Update Log

Screen Shots

+1 :D (As always)

Rhoq

I'm still new to rooting so please forgive my ignorance on the subject. I was running Synergy for about a month, but it became unstable and a lot of my apps just stopped working. I ended up going back to my stock backup (which sucks because battery life is pitiful). I miss having these options and would like to get them back. Since I am on stock and I am assuming that means it's Odexed, what would happen if I were to try and flash this?

Last edited:

ca1ne

Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
I'm still new to rooting so please forgive my ignorance on the subject. I was running Synergy for about a month, but it became unstable and a lot of my apps just stopped working. I ended up going back to my stock backup (which sucks because battery life is pitiful). I miss having these options and would like to get them back. Since I am on stock and I am assuming that means it's Odexed, what would happen if I were to try and flash this?

Sorry about the delay, I haven't pathetically tested this on an odexed ROM, can always give it a shot and if it doesn't work then restore from backup

I just added this to my EVO and I LOVE it!!!! I'm gladly giving a donation for this one.

Never expected, but always appreciated.

Thank you swagstr.

hedphurst

Aug 1, 2006
First of all, ca1ne, thank you for all your contributions to the EVO community.

Secondly, do you have any plans to release a version of the power menu for the 5.07.651.1 OTA?

biga1

Aug 18, 2010
NOOB TOWN
Honor 5X
hello Ca1ne,
just installed your Advanced Power Menu(5.07) for Ultra rom. works great except for hot restart no bueno. thanks for all the great work you have done for our evos. running your underworld sbc kernel on every rom so far. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: mrbi8b0

gphunkplp

Jul 6, 2012
dk v.7 jackpot

just tried the 5.07 on dk v.7 jackpot rom with 4.3 amon ra recovery bootloops at jackpot screen

ca1ne

Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
just tried the 5.07 on dk v.7 jackpot rom with 4.3 amon ra recovery bootloops at jackpot screen

That's why i put this disclaimer in

I believe digital karma modified this file, and is that version of that rom 5.07? Based ota?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings Everyone,

Advanced Power Menu

Power Off
    Silent Mode
    Vibration Mode
    Airplane Mode
    Mobile Network

Files

4.53 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-4.53_signed.zip
    4.54 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-4.53_signed.zip
    4.67 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-4.67_signed.zip
    5.07 OTA - AdvPowerMenu-5.07_signed.zip

Diff File - APM467-Diff.txt
    *note 5.07 has different string.xml id for reboot string

A DeOdexed OTA based rom

Note

Update Log

2-12-12 - Updated to 4.67 and included diff file (modified file android.policy.jar)
    7-3-12 - Updated to 5.07 using deodexed version of Captain_Throwbacks Rom

Screen Shots

Updated the mod to work with 4.67 ota, also added diff files for rom developers/chefs
    First of all, ca1ne, thank you for all your contributions to the EVO community.

Secondly, do you have any plans to release a version of the power menu for the 5.07.651.1 OTA?

I updated the OP with a version that should work with 5.07 OTA. Let me know how it runs..
    hello Ca1ne,
    just installed your Advanced Power Menu(5.07) for Ultra rom. works great except for hot restart no bueno. thanks for all the great work you have done for our evos. running your underworld sbc kernel on every rom so far. :good:

Lol, didn't check that one, I'll look into it
    Just kickin em out, huh? Makin GB start to be as cool as froyo ;)
    Thanks.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium