[Mod][All Variants] Camera Improvements [Flashable ZIP]

Search This thread

karkand

Jan 31, 2012
Jakarta
Hi, I want to know what difference there is between Current-v0.9-r092118-001-ALL-LROn.zip and Current-v0.9-r092118-001-ALL-Cine-LROn.zip ... because in my eyes there I can see the difference between the two. Thank you!
If you can see the difference, why asking?
nkirk said:
Cine version has cinelog video recording mode enabled. Do not use that unleass you are planning to color grade every video in pc.

dennnnnnnis

Feb 5, 2013
As a colorist, the cine-log version is really awesome and a delightful to grade! Being able to capture 4k log video with no sharpening is a dream come true! Really look forward your oreo release! (@helf Please do make one!) btw I couldn't access your website here in hk, i have to use a us vpn.

Reactions: nkirk and quearte

Deadmeat03

Jun 3, 2018
Sydney
can someone pls give instructions on how to install the mod. I flashed the cine zip and the camera app doesnt work. It just shows a black screen and doesnt take any photos.

quearte

May 6, 2019
can someone pls give instructions on how to install the mod. I flashed the cine zip and the camera app doesnt work. It just shows a black screen and doesnt take any photos.

Are you using V20 stock app or V30 port app?
I was not able to use the mods with the V20 app. Only with V30 app.

First of all, try to make a backup of original libraries.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Does this mod affect RAW images. Are RAW images truly raw? i.e completely unprocessed by software and no compression?

Good question. Raws from stock app seem more noisy and less heavy in Mb. Raw file from Adobe Lightroom Camera seems more natural and the filesize is double. DNG from stock has 8 bit/channel color. DNG from AL has 16bit/channel color:eek:

Reactions: ezzony

Lebatman

May 20, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Does anyone have any side by side comparison pics/video review of the mod?

Ideally compared to stock Oreo LG cam, and maybe one of the popular gcams?

quearte

May 6, 2019
Does anyone have any side by side comparison pics/video review of the mod?

Here's video comparison for downloading: (not use the embedded player; download the original file instead, so you can compare as it is):

LG V20 UHD 30fps stock app with stock libraries:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WkryuhFQiDp04OKpUzKjEGyUrQjzZVQt

LG V20 UHD 30fps stock app with modded libraries with Cine-log:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11kCq8BGlCQP4fY51R1-w5eBys619G3Jd

LG V20 UHD 30fps stock app with modded libraries and graded (negative log curve applied for invert the image to linear):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x3crLidJQ82nVohyCWH15t3E31a4-eOp

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: nkirk and KUSOsan

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
@helf, I was wondering what would be involved in porting this to Oreo. I'm thinking of doing it myself if that would be okay with you. Not that I have any clue If I'm capable of doing it but I'd like to find out.

Last edited:

Parasol_Monsters

Feb 21, 2014
@helf, I was wondering what would be involved in porting this to Oreo. I'm thinking of doing it myself if that would be okay with you. Not that I have any clue If I'm capable of doing it but I'd like to find out.

You can try him on Reddit as well, I seem to remember him saying at some point that he does not check or use xda that much.

His username is ressedue:
https://www.reddit.com/user/ressedue/

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
USA
Hey, I went to the thread. And I remembered that I remade libs for Oreo in 2019 from helf (Nougat Vers)
in HexWorkshop. Maybe someone else needs. Oreo stock zip for turn back original drivers.
Great job thank you, I can definitely see an improvement and the file size is a little larger also.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I have been working on this for awhile now.

The stock camera libraries suck. They over sharpen, over saturate, and over noise reduce the jpeg images into garbage.

I hate this.

So I decided to fix this.

With the help of @defcomg , I started to learn how to edit chromatix files etc.

I present you my initial XDA release of this mod.

It affects manual and auto mode in the stock camera and impacts all camera apps.

I have altered tons of aspects of image quality. These are all subjective changes to *my* tastes. I will continue updating this as I can but there can be weeks between updates.

Download: http://buildbox.justbeca.us/jcarlson.html

Please test out and let me know how it goes.
    It's coming, possibly this week.,, :fingers-crossed:
    Hi @helf, any luck withe video fix..

I think I have finally figured it out. I'm not 100% sure yet. But I successfully fixed it, we think, on a tester's phone just this morning, actually.

The site with the downloads and all will be down starting later today for several days as I am completely reworking the server. I will try to get an update out next week.
    Hey, I went to the thread. And I remembered that I remade libs for Oreo in 2019 from helf (Nougat Vers)
    in HexWorkshop. Maybe someone else needs. Oreo stock zip for turn back original libs.
    @helf

You are prolly already aware of this but figured I would just put it in here but that visual filter that is on the camcorder part happens on other camera apps as well such as motion stills app and a few others.

Yeah. What I've changed impacts all apps using specific modes.

I have a working stock color for video update 90% ready. I may just release it tomorrow as a *test* copy just to get an update out. Lol