[MOD][All versions] Disable Input Method Notification {12/16/13}

Search This thread

Unknownforce

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2008
This mod removes the "Select Input Method" notification that shows up EVERY SINGLE TIME you have the keyboard open (soooo annoying!)

Guide I used was here -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1576624

This Mod Also includes the HotSpot Mod as well.

Here's the update that you can just flash via recovery.

Download MK2 De-Odex

Download MK2 Odex - Coming soon

Older Versions:

Download MJA De-Odex

Download MJA Odex - Coming soon

Download MF9 De-Odex

Download MF9 Odex

Download MDC De-Odex

Thanks to @crawrj for the below links:

Download MDC Odex
MD5: 2cc14aed91051972716fabda8f994481

Download MDL De-Odex
MD5: 2dc96ed2b319d8377fe4bf2d8601b75a

Download MDL Odex
MD5: b50f90ff9352357870caebbc2cbd544c

Thanks out to whoever originally discovered this MOD (Who that is... I don't know! ;) )

Anyways, enjoy!

Last edited:

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
These really aren't that difficult to implement when all the information is so readily available. I love this community. ;) :good:

Right? Community is pretty awesome. Hope the S4 community stays this way.
@Unknownforce - will u be making a new thread on each mod u do? Should make a collective [MOD] thread. End up sticky worthy :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

Unknownforce

Nov 18, 2008
Right? Community is pretty awesome. Hope the S4 community stays this way.
@Unknownforce - will u be making a new thread on each mod u do? Should make a collective [MOD] thread. End up sticky worthy :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

That's not a bad idea, I might do that, but it is nice to have them in separate threads as well, that way you don't get confused by the different questions/issues that are being posted for different mods.

WMWolverine

Jun 19, 2012
Successfully flashed this, what else do I need to do to get rid of that notification? Err, nevermind I'm stock Odex'ed so at least I'm confirming this doesn't work on Odexed.

Reactions: threestripebrand

Unknownforce

Nov 18, 2008
Successfully flashed this, what else do I need to do to get rid of that notification? Err, nevermind I'm stock Odex'ed so at least I'm confirming this doesn't work on Odexed.

I figured it wouldn't. If you're rooted, you can use Titanium backup to deodex, flash it, then re-odex. (This might be a Pro only feature though, I'm not sure of that, but Pro is totally worth it anyways.)

crawrj knows how to odex it, My kitchen isn't setup for odexing right now, it's actually kind of a mess right now... I have so many different mods I'm working on, haha, I get so confused sometimes.

Maybe I'll have him get us an odex version of this. ;)

djdisturbed

May 31, 2010
Graham, NC
I figured it wouldn't. If you're rooted, you can use Titanium backup to deodex, flash it, then re-odex. (This might be a Pro only feature though, I'm not sure of that, but Pro is totally worth it anyways.)

crawrj knows how to odex it, My kitchen isn't setup for odexing right now, it's actually kind of a mess right now... I have so many different mods I'm working on, haha, I get so confused sometimes.

Maybe I'll have him get us an odex version of this. ;)

Download link broken......

WMWolverine

Jun 19, 2012
I have pro version of Titanium Backup and plan to go to deodex sooner or later, staying on rooted, stock for awhile. Thanks btw.

Unknownforce

Nov 18, 2008

milenkoben

Jul 12, 2009
ok so i used titanium to deodex, flashed this zip and its still there... is there something i am missing?

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
Just noticed this thread. I will Odex this soon. I will also join the hotspot with it because right now you can only have one or the other unless you use a Rom that includes them both.

Reactions: Tahde

Unknownforce

Nov 18, 2008
Just noticed this thread. I will Odex this soon. I will also join the hotspot with it because right now you can only have one or the other unless you use a Rom that includes them both.

Yeah, I'm going to update ForceROM to include them both. But please do, I can close this thread so that it's only for reference, then you can just post it along side the Hotspot thread and the more we add more services.jar changes, maybe change the thread to "services mods" or something... and make each version for people who only want certain mods.

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
Yeah, I'm going to update ForceROM to include them both. But please do, I can close this thread so that it's only for reference, then you can just post it along side the Hotspot thread and the more we add more services.jar changes, maybe change the thread to "services mods" or something... and make each version for people who only want certain mods.

You can just put them in your OP if you want. If the need arises as more Mods are added, one of us can do an AIO thread later on.

Edit: OK looks like you already have them combined.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts