[MOD] Ambient Display For Cataclysm Rom - August 7 beta

Search This thread

mixtapes08

Sep 23, 2011
Quezon City
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi, due to some of the demands on cataclysm thread I decided to create a thread for the ambient display mod for cataclysm.
For some of you the didn't know what this do is to enable the ambient display mod that is built in on lollipop(n6) but disabled on nexus 5.
Ambient display is the ability to wake up the screen via device pickup or a notification arrival although because of some limitations on hardware side it won't work properly via device pickup on our device but will work 100% percent on notification arrival.

Ok Enough with the chit chats.

Download Links

Ambient Display mod for Cataclysm ROM April 10 beta and August 7 Beta

Ambient Mod zip
Download
Ambient Mod Revert zip
Download

Screenshot
232ef62b64d7afed1b3645bab76c441b.jpg

Credits:
@atl4ntis for his awesome rom, located here
@raffaele88 for his tutorial on how to to this, located here

Last edited:

spikethedog

Dec 19, 2014
Screen wakes itself

Hi, I've just tried the mod but I'm having a little trouble with it. I think it may be related to dt2w on Elemental X, although I am just guessing.

When you switch off the screen with the power button, ambient display wakes it again immediately showing the clock. This fades and then the clock comes back a second time. This then fades away but leaves the double tap active (I have a 15 min timout). It should be disabled as I switched off using the power button.

I would love to use this mod properly.

gengi

Jan 9, 2011
Hi, I've just tried the mod but I'm having a little trouble with it. I think it may be related to dt2w on Elemental X, although I am just guessing.

When you switch off the screen with the power button, ambient display wakes it again immediately showing the clock. This fades and then the clock comes back a second time. This then fades away but leaves the double tap active (I have a 15 min timout). It should be disabled as I switched off using the power button.

I would love to use this mod properly.

Try flashing the rom and try with stock kernel. You will see if it's kernel related.

szucsgf

Aug 8, 2012
Toronto
Greetings,

I'd just like to let you know, if you didn't already, that the Jan 4 ambient display mod conflicts with some of the new cataclysm Jan 10 update features. For example, long-press flashlight, sweep to sleep, and quick toggles hide labels.

Thanks again for the awesome mod!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, due to some of the demands on cataclysm thread I decided to create a thread for the ambient display mod for cataclysm.
    For some of you the didn't know what this do is to enable the ambient display mod that is built in on lollipop(n6) but disabled on nexus 5.
    Ambient display is the ability to wake up the screen via device pickup or a notification arrival although because of some limitations on hardware side it won't work properly via device pickup on our device but will work 100% percent on notification arrival.

Ok Enough with the chit chats.

Download Links

Ambient Display mod for Cataclysm ROM April 10 beta and August 7 Beta

Ambient Mod zip
    Download
    Ambient Mod Revert zip
    Download

Screenshot
    232ef62b64d7afed1b3645bab76c441b.jpg

Credits:
    @atl4ntis for his awesome rom, located here
    @raffaele88 for his tutorial on how to to this, located here
    Mod updated enjoy..
    Mod updated to april 4 beta. I recommend downloading the backup because I haven't tested this one because I didn't have the time to backup my apps and flash the new update.. I don't usually flash dirty if a large zip is needed to be flash.. enjoy..
    Updated to Feb 6 nightly
    OP updated to january 23 stable