[Mod][AOSP][CM13/LOS14.X][SHEALTH/HEARTRATE/STRESS]

Search This thread

raymando

Dec 3, 2008
Birmingham
I can confirm its working on the latest ressurection ROM Android 7.1.
Although I installed S Health from the app store then when into app info, gave it permissions for sensors etc and then installed the attached S Health service app. :)

Bhetali

May 10, 2016
Tampere
Working in S5 latest Lineage nightly. After following the instructions in the first post, the sensor somehow didn't light up. Restarted the phone and it worked. Thanks a lot!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Nice to hear that this is working on RR

Heart Rate works - But SpO2 does not (no big deal) Thanks to the OP ?

SM-G930W8 running Resurrection Remix 7.1.2

Last edited:
Reactions: X_Mojahed

Xenonon

Jul 19, 2015
Hi, Dears
Are you also getting error in verification process performed by sms or phone call? Is it any way to take part in ranks in RR 7.1.2? ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hi, Dears
Are you also getting error in verification process performed by sms or phone call? Is it any way to take part in ranks in RR 7.1.2? ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka
I'm not getting any errors on Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 on my SM-G930W8

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If anyone else was having issues not getting the sensors detected in SHealth, then clear all the data for SHealth and go through the setup again. This finally (after lots of crashing and rebooting) got SHealth to see an use the sensors.

On a side note, is there a flashable zip to just put the necessary health service and SHealth apks into the /system partition to stay after wipes?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
If anyone else was having issues not getting the sensors detected in SHealth, then clear all the data for SHealth and go through the setup again. This finally (after lots of crashing and rebooting) got SHealth to see an use the sensors.

On a side note, is there a flashable zip to just put the necessary health service and SHealth apks into the /system partition to stay after wipes?
Haven't seen a Flashable zip - but you could always make one... probably not worth it - Which device do you have - And are you getting the Spo2 Sensor to show?

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
My SM-G930W8 ??

Haven't seen a Flashable zip - but you could always make one... probably not worth it - Which device do you have - And are you getting the Spo2 Sensor to show?

I haven't had the time to figure out how to make flashable zips yet, though I will likely do it soon.

I am currently using this on GS5s, though I plan to use this on GS8/Note8 if/when LOS supports them.

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I haven't had the time to figure out how to make flashable zips yet, though I will likely do it soon.

I am currently using this on GS5s, though I plan to use this on GS8/Note8 if/when LOS supports them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
It's pretty straightforward to just install the apk before installing S Health... I'd be more interested in figuring out how to get Spo2 to work on my S7 - It works on TW - But I'd rather eat worms than run TW ?

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
My SM-G930W8 ??

Zauberlehrling!

Sep 21, 2017
Works great now. I even have Stress measure, what the original Rom for S5 didn't give me.
Now I only have the issue that I cannot verify my number through S Health.
Do you have an idea how to solve this, please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-Health.png

Hey Guys

In AOSP ROMS such as CM13 && LOS 14.x the SHEALTH app doesn't support HEARTRATE && strees Sensors measure By default

-------You Need to do this instructions to Enable sensors -------
    1) Install HealthService app in Attachment
    2) Install Shealth app From Google play store.
    3) After install apps open Shealth app and then click on start and agreed
    4) Now the SHEALTH app is crashed
    5) go to settings -->apps
    6) Force stop Shealth app and give permission to bodysensors && contacts
    7) Force stop HealthService app
    8) Now open Shealth app normally
    Congratulations 😁😁😁

Thanks
    Heart Rate for Oreo

Okay guys,

By following the last post of @MaChiMiB (that is, compiled new apk with the mentioned changes and signed with my personal key), I made a new Magisk module which should work on all the Oreo ROMs for our device. All the credit to him for the basic idea.

Requirements
    kltexxx
    Android 8.1 (it may not work on Nougat ROMs)
    Magisk 15 +

How-to
    1. Remove any old version of HealthService.apk and related lib and permission files
    2. Force close and clear the data of Samsung Health
    3. Download and flash the module in recovery or Magisk
    4. Restart and Enjoy

Downloads
    Samsung-HealthService-Oreo-Magisk

The source code of the Magisk Module can be found here
    Samsung Health Service v3.1 for Oreo/Pie(?)

Hi friends,
    Here I'm uploading a new version (v3.1) of my Health Service Magisk module, which could unlock Hear Rate Sensor on SHealth app. The module should work fine on Lineage-OS-15.1 (oreo) and hopefully on 16 (Pie) but not sure about 14.1 (Nougat) due to the different file structure. So, please test at your own risk. This version contains a bunch of updates for the app as well as permissions and other stuff mainly picked from the Snapdragon S7 oreo release. Further, please be noted that this module requires Magisk 17 or above. I am not planning to make a Recovery flashable zip. So anyone wishes to do so, feel free to do it using my files. Enjoy...
    For further instructions, please read one of my old posts (Nougat, Oreo) in the same forum.

/* Downloads */
    Samsung-HealthService-v.3.1-Magisk
    [SHEALTH/HEARTRATE/STRESS] [Magisk/Flashable] for LineageOS-14.1

Some useful stuff for you guys...
    After some research, I'm managed to get a fully working Samsung health service (which eventually unlocks Heart Rate and Stress measure). No more crashing of health service at all. Available as a recovery zip as well as Magisk Module. Only tested on Official LineageOS-14.1 on kltekor. But should work on other klte variants and LOS based Nougat ROMs as well. See screenshots for more info.

/* How-to */
    1. Download Recovery zip or Magisk module (according to your choice)
    2. Remove the old HealthService.apk (if any)
    3. Install SHealth from play store
    4. Go to twrp/Magisk Manager and flash Recovery zip/Magisk Module
    5. Reboot and enjoy

PS: If you are already using SHealth, you need to force stop and wipe data/cache of the app to get rid of the old configuration.
    Download links and screenshots can be found below. Enjoy...

/* Screenshots */
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

/* Downloads */
    Recovery zip
    Magisk Module
    Heath Service for Oreo/Flash-able zip

Here I'm adding a recovery flashable zip of the Samsung Health Service, which enables heart rate measurements in Lineage OS and other Android Oreo ROMs for kltexxx, for those who do not want to use Magisk. For general instructions, please refer this post (except the Magisk related stuff). Again, with due credits to @MaChiMiB for his awesome work...
    For those who ask questions about other devices and ROMs, I only tested this mod on my kltekor and LineageOS-15.1. You guys are, however, free to test on any other Oreo ROMs and similar Samsung devices with Snapdragon chips at your own risk... Do not forget to back-up your current ROM, and also update the status here for other users...
    Cheers...

Downloads
    Samsung Health Service for Oreo (Recovery flashable)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone