[MOD] (APP) Gallery QuickPic (2021)

dmitreal

Jan 20, 2021
I have had a similar issue to this when I was trying to install a new version of MX Player and it turned out that the custom codec for the older version was listed in the Apps Manager, so I had to uninstall that too. I don't think there would be any issues like this with QuickPic though.

When you uninstall it, is it giving you an option to keep data and you are checking that? Have you checked the App Manager after uninstalling to be sure QuickPic and Gallery (as the new non-alternate version of QuickPic is called, though don't confuse it with a stock Gallery) isn't still listed? Have you rebooted after uninstalling and before installing the new version? Have you tried clearing the app data before uninstalling? I am just trying to think of anything that might solve this issue.
I tried to depict the sequence of actions in pictures

Attachments

WSTxda

May 10, 2018
Ribeirão Preto

QuickPic Gallery Mod

What are the advantages compared to the normal version?

Features and exclusive changes

- New icon
- Adaptive icon (8.0+)
- Android dark theme support
- Translucid theme
- Full solid blue, dark and black amoled theme
- Google md2 color values
- Material outline icons
- Vibrant colors icons in black amoled theme
- More organized settings options
- Interesting changes in the interface
- Support 18:9 and more screen proportions
- Support for folding screens
- Support layout for edge and rounded corners screens
- Support notch devices
- Aesthetic changes
- Safety: Processes in the background, malicious code, links and permissions removed

Fixes, Improvements and more

- Fixed pink text bug (8.0+)
- Fixed Android gestures navigation issues
- Fixed issues in EMUI, ZUI, MIUI
- Fixed Wi-Fi transfer not working
- Fixed SD card storage permission
- Fixed fc in expanded menu (7.0+)
- Fixed some video player errors
- Fixed interface elevation
- Fixed smali code bugs
- Fixed Nullpointer (7.0+)
- Improvement album loading
- Improvement animations
- Improvement translations
- Improvement streaming video player
- Optimized cache image creation
- Optimized restart interface
- Optimized apk size
- Removed some infunctional options
- Backport some changes of version 5.0.0
- And other small things
- Storage permission
- View media content when selected by the notification bar
- Shrink image option from editor
- Other small things

LAST UPDATE
Version: 8.3 (30/01/21)

New

- Discover tab (in cloud menu)
- Support for fold screens
- Support for screens with a high refresh rate

Fixes

- Move and copy files in Android 11
- Error to rename sd card files in Android 11
- SQLite can't not open database toast
- Crash when trying to open the settings (Android 5, 6)
- Size of icons in share menu and image edit layouts
- Visual glitch when opening alphanumeric password popup
- Minor compatibility issues with Android 5

Improvements

- Some themes
- Transfer file speed
- Organize resources and small things
- Organize some regions of translations
- More fluid animations

Others and internal changes

- Downgrade some codes to stock
- Update FAQ link
- Internal code cleaning

DOWNLOAD

QP Gallery 8.3
= Normal version
8.3 Alternative = With original name and icon

GitHub>>>https://github.com/WSTxda/QP-Gallery-Releases

Google Drive>>>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-0GyQs9MYfGkFzQsEzSj5i7xLjMymvPt

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)>>>https://telegra.ph/QuickPic-Mod-FAQ-12-31
UPDATE GUYS! 😜

xdehh

Oct 3, 2019
v8.3 is not displaying image exif GPS info / coordinates in the image details, nor on the image screen info. Image details shows or repeats useless "unnamed road" for landscape image info where there was no "address" and does not show GPS coordinates, saved as either decimal or degree formats but repeats EXIF "address" field, which again is unnamed road or "region". Address field is useless info outside of cities or towns compared to an exact GPS coordinate. I have never used, wanted or cared for the Exif Address field yet every image gallery wants to show it first. We don't all live or photograph in cities.

A Bug? And can an option for exif info be selected to be displayed on file info below the image as well as in Image Details, though the latter is cumbersome just for GPS coordinates?

Thank you.

KostasGangstar

Aug 18, 2020
What are the differences in the alternative mod? Can't believe I didn't find this mod before it looks so good and works in MIUI 12 without weird bugs and colors like in the other mods I found

manigma

Jul 13, 2011
You added high refresh rate!! Wow!! I was using AutoHz but cool to have native support now.

Would be great to have ".webp" support in future if possible.

Thanks again WSTxda (y)

Reactions: WSTxda

emko7

Sep 5, 2010
Using Version 8.3 on Android 11. How do I add the external SD card to the list of included folders? When I click + it takes me to "root > storage > emulated > 0" which is the internal SD card. If I click on storage, it doesn't show any folders in there to click on. I tried searching under root as well but I can't seem to find the folder for the external SD

manigma

Jul 13, 2011
Using Version 8.3 on Android 11. How do I add the external SD card to the list of included folders? When I click + it takes me to "root > storage > emulated > 0" which is the internal SD card. If I click on storage, it doesn't show any folders in there to click on. I tried searching under root as well but I can't seem to find the folder for the external SD
You don't need to select any folders. Just click OK/Select button. Thats how it worked for me.

Last edited:

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
SERIOUS QuickPic Gallery 8.3 bug with Android 11.

If I crop a photo on my SD card with QuickPic Gallery and then use QuickPic to move the cropped photo to a different folder on the SD card, the photo just DISAPPEARS. As far as I can tell, this only happens if you crop a photo and only on the SD card. I have lost numerous photos before discovering this bug.

I first tried to report this on the WSTxda chat on Telegram, but when I tried to access the chat, it said that an admin had banned me. There is absolutely no reason for me to be banned, I am not sure I have even ever used that chat channel before. This is a particular kick in the teeth, since I have gone out of my way to assist people in this thread, due to my prior love for this app. (n)

Last edited:
Reactions: aida_lover

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
what images are visible should be controlled by the OS's Media scanner. Have you checked that your External SD Card has been scanned?

emko7

Sep 5, 2010
what images are visible should be controlled by the OS's Media scanner. Have you checked that your External SD Card has been scanned?
I don't want all my images to be visible, only a few select folders, some on the internal SD, some on the external. Also I only use explorer mode as my pictures have a folder hierarchy that I would like to maintain.

So I've tried adding storage/emulated/0 to my included folders, which works fine, but now I have no way to add my pictures folder from the external SD. If I add the root directory "storage/" to included folders, then it stops showing me any photos at all!