[MOD] (APP) Gallery QuickPic (2021)

WSTxda

May 10, 2018
Ribeirão Preto
I would have already mentioned this issue on Telegram if I hadn't been banned. The photos I lost are gone. Not sure the point of that Spanish photo.
Your name is not on the ban list, if you have not been banned from the paperplane federation.

I think you asked me to talk about it before, so I already explained what happens

replica9000

May 31, 2009
So with my OP6T on Android 9, webp images show up in the gallery. On my OP8T on Android 11, the webp images don't appear. I can still open them in gallery from a file manager though. I wonder what the difference is. All settings in QP are identical on both devices.

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
Your name is not on the ban list, if you have not been banned from the paperplane federation.

I think you asked me to talk about it before, so I already explained what happens
The last time I attempted to join the chat it said I was banned, but I tried again and it let me join. I have no idea what the paperplane federation is.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
So with my OP6T on Android 9, webp images show up in the gallery. On my OP8T on Android 11, the webp images don't appear. I can still open them in gallery from a file manager though. I wonder what the difference is. All settings in QP are identical on both devices.
My guess is that what is visible in an app "as an image" is determined and flagged by the media scanner. Each app does not scan your whole device for images individually, the OS does this beforehand. How the media scanner operates has changed in the last few iterations of Android.

Are you rooted? If you are rooted on both devices, you can investigate to see the differences on how the media scanner has recorded/flagged these files differently on each device.

Reactions: christantoan

christantoan

Oct 9, 2015
Are you rooted? If you are rooted on both devices, you can investigate to see the differences on how the media scanner has recorded/flagged these files differently on each device.
Hi, sorry for off topic but I'd like to know how to do this.
I know that different devices/OSes can have different file types to be considered media files but never know how to check it.

Thank you.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi, sorry for off topic but I'd like to know how to do this.
I know that different devices/OSes can have different file types to be considered media files but never know how to check it.
The simplest way I know of is using an app I built. To make it easier for me! I will move the question to that app thread where it wont be OT. See:

Reactions: christantoan

replica9000

May 31, 2009
The last time I attempted to join the chat it said I was banned, but I tried again and it let me join. I have no idea what the paperplane federation is.
I joined the chat, then one day I was told something along the line of it's no longer available.
My guess is that what is visible in an app "as an image" is determined and flagged by the media scanner. Each app does not scan your whole device for images individually, the OS does this beforehand. How the media scanner operates has changed in the last few iterations of Android.

I'm rooted on both devices.
DON'T use this QuickPic mod to perform any file operations or editing on Android 11! I have had pics disappear just by renaming them.
So far no issues here.🤞

Reactions: rsngfrce

Heinz_P

Feb 14, 2019
Found that thread today and install the latest build.
On Samsung Tab sm-t 585 with custom pie and on Motorla G5S with stock rom 8.1.
So far no problems.
Thank you for the mod.

Heinz_P

Feb 14, 2019
[Solution] - Samba / SMB Shares - "No images in folder"

I was wondering if noone is using the Samba functionality of Quickpic?
When sharing USB drives on a Windows 10 SMB Server, it is a very common problem to run into the "no images in folder" error in Quickpic,
while the shares located on internal (= non-usb) harddrives on the Server work and show up fine in Quickpic.
The solution took me days to find out, so I thought I should share it here.

As usual, it is the fault of Windows 10.
(Btw, worst OS ever! I am using PCs since the days of MS DOS 5.0, I used 'em all, including Windows 98 and Vista. But Windows 10 is a new MS alltime-low.
I truly deeply hate this buggy, unstable, unreliable, patronising pile of poo they dare to call an OS).

Ok, btt ;)... MS in all their wisdom decided not to include an IRPStack parameter in the registry.
Resulting in an IRP Stack default of 15, which obviously is not enough if you have larger numbers of files shared.

Solution: (copied from Microsoft Support)

Important: Enter the number decimal! Try what works for you between 16+ and 50.
I had to go all in with 50. Below that, some shared folders with larger numbers of images wouldn't show up on my Tablets and smartphones.

Oh, and I also have a small request:

Is it possible to rename the app back to to QuickPic, or at least to correct the typo? The app showing up as "Galerie" (in German translation) really triggers my smartass senses each time anew, as in German, the word "Gallerie" is also written with a double "L" . ;) Thanks... :)
You talk about Windows, but the smb problem I have also under Linux and no soloution.

Heinz_P

Feb 14, 2019
Theres no option to set the gallery as the default gallery app. At least not in Android pie or Android 10 on the pixel 3
There is in pie, but only if you have the originial galerie also installed.
Open a picture from the filemanager and normaly the system asked you, with what you will open it.
There you can tell only for one time or ever.

Heinz_P

Feb 14, 2019
Hi, I don't understand why samba doesn't work. I state that I had original quickpic in mate 8 but due to unexpected breakage of the LCD I was no longer able to find it on the playstore. On mate 8 it worked without problems. Now on the Galaxy S5 Liniage OS 16 and on a Doogee F5 Android 5.0, it keeps giving me connection error or invalid address. The tips say: "(domain;) server / (path)" but both putting "mydomain; 192.168.1.2/mypersonalpath/x1/y2" that "192.168.1.2/mypersonalpath/x1/y2" does not work (obviously username and passwords are fine, just like the path it's ok). Please tell me that it is not even that the app uses the old Samba 1.0 instead of the current 2.0 (3 in the company context) as with the old ES file manager.

Resolved: "//192.168.168.1.2" lol //. But now no file to view give (i path to *.jpg files only folder and say no image )
The problem is, that QP uses smb 1 and this is not supported by the most devices, because it is unsafe.
I tell my NAS to support smb 1 too and than it works.

lamp159

Aug 7, 2013
Same here. This app stopped showing folders with .WEBP files. (and webp files in folders with other file's format) However, it can open them individually e.g. from a file manager.
Other gallery apps see the folders with WEBP files without issues.

Samsung S10+, not rooted.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks

Heinz_P

Feb 14, 2019
Any chance for updated SMB connectivity?

For a start, let me thank you for this wonderful app :) which I use on all my devices as default image viewer and album.
I also use the SMB connection to lookup folders I have on my little NAS.

Sadly now the developers of the NAS have deciced to give up SMB v1 and some related authentication method (NTLMv1 ) is no more supported. The activation of SMBv1 on the NAS is still possible, but it seems incomplete (as to NTLMv1 missing). It will be very hard to convince them to reimplement this as it is flawed and unsecure. The NAS in question is the latest AVM Fritz!Box OS 7.20 - and so affects many users in Germany where this device is very popular.

Do you see a chance to step up to any later SMB version to access the NAS?
I enable smb1 support on my FB 7490 and everything is fine.

Heinz_P

Feb 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to assign QuickPic as a system app? I've deleted the stock gallery on my miui 12, and moved quickpic to system/app via LuckyPatcher. However, when I take screenshots and tap on the mini-screenshot in the top right corner straightaway, nothing happens. It seems that it won't work as editor on yhe go, and in order to edit a screenshot I need to go into the app and do this from the menu. So, is there a way to fix this? The stock gallery seemed to work both ways, but I don't like it.

Thanks
The problem is, you delete the stock gallery, so the system has nothing to ask. If yo have two gallerys, the system will asked you with what you will open, than you can tell qp and say do it for ever.