[MOD] (APP) Gallery QuickPic (2021)

JDM STi

Feb 25, 2011
Toronto
DON'T use this QuickPic mod to perform any file operations or editing on Android 11! I have had pics disappear just by renaming them.
Yes same here too on my Android 11 Samsung after I renamed two files via QP 8.3.1
Good that I have Syncthing running at the same time with Watch for Changes turned off so I had enough time to restore the photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsngfrce

Moonboy89

Feb 19, 2021
Everything works fine for me exept that I can't access the SD card anymore when I run QP as explorer mode... And that is very sad for me since I have a lot of folders both on my sd card but also in the internal memory so I want to sbe able to transfer from example the Camera roll to folders in my sd card... Is there a fix for this?

Running non rooted Xperia 1 with Android 11

deserted

Jan 19, 2010
I've been using QuickPic for a long time. I noticed that when I zoom in on a high-resolution photo, this approximate part of the photo is blurred for a moment. I didn't notice this in the Simple Gallery app.
I wonder if the Android version has an impact on this.

Yippee-ki-yay

Feb 28, 2017
I've been using QuickPic for a long time. I noticed that when I zoom in on a high-resolution photo, this approximate part of the photo is blurred for a moment. I didn't notice this in the Simple Gallery app.
I wonder if the Android version has an impact on this.
When I used it, it also happened to me.

xdehh

Oct 3, 2019
V8.3.3 on Android 10 had initial "load fail" after cropping an image. Cropped image blank. Original okay. Cropping SLOW, 8-10 secs to crop a 7 MB and 1 MB test images.

Able to access SD card and test edit and save to SD card but VERY SLOW, never was in pre v7.8.

Also no GPS Coordinates displayed in details, only "address" field, which is ridiculous for locations (all of mine) with no address. Only want decimal GPS Coordinates, as saved by camera app option. Can't get QP to show GPS info on display or image details. Can't be that difficult to configure "... if no address show GPS data ...." or better yet a separate image GPS Coordinates details field AND user selectable which Exif to show.

Also wish QP had option as to what image info to display vs no options and only minor info. Would prefer more Exif and choices as to what to display.

xdehh

Oct 3, 2019
FWIW, I can move files to and from internal to SD and back without problems on Android 10, with QP v8.3.3 Beta.

I'm more or less moving on to the paid F-Stop Gallery, they have a free version as well and decent enough. Has more options, user controls, tags so exif is carried over to PC DAM software too. It needs a bit more work but the developer is responsive. QP used to be a small, reliable gallery app but I don't need to join Telegram / another forum just to do that.

Simple Gallery Pro is also free on F-Droid and updated but not as small as QP Gallery, though it has many more customizations but also some useless bloat and bling.

Last edited:

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
FWIW, I can move files to and from internal to SD and back without problems on Android 10, with QP v8.3.3 Beta.

I'm more or less moving on to the paid F-Stop Gallery, they have a free version as well and decent enough. Has more options, user controls, tags so exif is carried over to PC DAM software too. It needs a bit more work but the developer is responsive. QP used to be a small, reliable gallery app but I don't need to join Telegram / another forum just to do that.

Simple Gallery Pro is also free on F-Droid and updated but not as small as QP Gallery, though it has many more customizations but also some useless bloat and bling.
Never had issues with moving files since I started using QuickPic, even before it was modded, stopping at the version before the bloat until the mod became available and I was looking for a solution to the purple text. These issues only started on Android 11 and the dev says he doesn't know what is causing it. I have been checking out Simple Gallery, it seems quite similar to QuickPic and might be the best option if QuickPic ends with support for nothing above Android 10. Thanks for pointing out it is available on Fdroid! I will check out F-Stop Gallery too.

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
Where can i download the last version,i dont want to install Telegram crap,thats sad?Cheers!!!!!
The dev says he considers interim releases as beta versions, so the next version he would post here is 8.4. Bearing that in mind, here it is and I guess it will be removed if it's an issue. There is no alternate version for these releases.

Attachments

Reactions: -CALIBAN666-

KineSight

Jan 15, 2017
Never had issues with moving files since I started using QuickPic, even before it was modded, stopping at the version before the bloat until the mod became available and I was looking for a solution to the purple text. These issues only started on Android 11 and the dev says he doesn't know what is causing it. I have been checking out Simple Gallery, it seems quite similar to QuickPic and might be the best option if QuickPic ends with support for nothing above Android 10. Thanks for pointing out it is available on Fdroid! I will check out F-Stop Gallery too.
I believe that these issues have arisen due to "Scoped Storage" .