• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Mod][App] Rosie Utility - control your Home [Sense 1.0]

Search This thread

tommytomatoe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Hey gang!

ziyYGl.jpg

NVxzJl.jpg

I am posting two files. Rosie.apk and RosieUtility.apk

Feel free to include in your ROM or theme.

Note! RosieUtility.apk WILL not work without the modified Rosie.apk!

Features:
1. Rosie is remapped with app drawer in center
2. Rosie has dual mappable buttons (left and right)
3. Rosie defaults to Dialer (left) and personalize (right) when not using custom applications
4. App drawer columns from 4 up to 10
5. Kill Rosie
6. Show/hide statusbar while on home screen*
7. Rosie is themed with Ghost Edition**​

Credits:
Romanbb for some original source
tommytomatoe for adapted source, remapped Rosie, app drawer columns, and Statusbar visibility​

Sharing policy:
Sharing is caring. If you use this mod/app and love it, feel free to link back to this thread.

Github repo here for Rosie Utility

Github repo here for ROM-CONTROL

Compatibility
The Rosie.apk is deodex so should*** work on all current Sense 1.0 (4.67 keys) ROM. If using on an odex ROM, be sure to remove Rosie.apk and Rosie.odex before using.

I will not post a flashable zip. It is easy enough to add this to your current ROM. If you need help, just ask.

@Users/themers of Classic v0.1.0+, you get these mods stock through CCP so you are ready to go. Move along.​

Tommy
enjoy the possibilities

*There is a small glitch when using this mod and viewing notifications.
**I am only posting the Rosie as Ghost edition. If you wish to have a different dock/icons, please ask a themer or do it yourself. Also, I changed many other aspects of Rosie. Please modify accordingly when adapting to your ROM or theme.
***Sense 1.0 ROMs only please

Attachments

• Rosie.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 519
  • RosieUtilityv1.apk
    45.7 KB · Views: 458

tommytomatoe

Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
How would I go about changing the 'loading evo classic' and introduction text (where it says "welcome to the evo classic!" and so on) to my own after I decompile the Rosie.apk?

It's in the /res/values/strings.xml folder :)

Youll clearly spot the text

Yep thanks karma.

I stated in op so everyone is clear. This is a highly modified Rosie so please adapt accordingly with your roms. Instead of redoing the mods on a stock Rosie I just posted my classic Rosie. Easier on me hehe.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Digitalkarma

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
Hey Tommy after using your Rosie, the bubble label for apps reappeared. how would I go about to removing the bubble labels again?The changes I made before were in com.HTC.resources.is there another location to make edits. the widget labels are still clear though but not the apps. Any ideas?

raafaell

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks tommy, I'm definitively adding this to the version of Nitrous, can I mod some images and strings? I have to say, you have helped me a lot on Nitrous ROM.

Thanks

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Thanks tommy, I'm definitively adding this to the version of Nitrous, can I mod some images and strings? I have to say, you have helped me a lot on Nitrous ROM.

Thanks

In fact I just applied this to nitrous, nice mod for an alreadybbadass rom. Thanks tommy. Yourvroms pretty awesome too dude. Later,,,:cool:

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

tommytomatoe

Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Hey Tommy after using your Rosie, the bubble label for apps reappeared. how would I go about to removing the bubble labels again?The changes I made before were in com.HTC.resources.is there another location to make edits. the widget labels are still clear though but not the apps. Any ideas?

The bubble is res/values/colors. It's bubble something.

Thanks

Please do :)

Reactions: Digitalkarma

tommytomatoe

Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Will this work on Captian Throw Backs 5.07.651.1 stock rooted rom?

In the compatibility section in the op it says Sense 1.0 with 4.67 keys only. You can try on the new 5.07 but not everything will work right I imagine.

Whenever ruu for 5.07 releases I will update accordingly.

I try to make my op as clear as possible. Just read it and you can't miss.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey gang!

ziyYGl.jpg

NVxzJl.jpg

I am posting two files. Rosie.apk and RosieUtility.apk

Feel free to include in your ROM or theme.

Note! RosieUtility.apk WILL not work without the modified Rosie.apk!

Features:
    1. Rosie is remapped with app drawer in center
    2. Rosie has dual mappable buttons (left and right)
    3. Rosie defaults to Dialer (left) and personalize (right) when not using custom applications
    4. App drawer columns from 4 up to 10
    5. Kill Rosie
    6. Show/hide statusbar while on home screen*
    7. Rosie is themed with Ghost Edition**​

Credits:
    Romanbb for some original source
    tommytomatoe for adapted source, remapped Rosie, app drawer columns, and Statusbar visibility​

Sharing policy:
    Sharing is caring. If you use this mod/app and love it, feel free to link back to this thread.

Github repo here for Rosie Utility

Github repo here for ROM-CONTROL

Compatibility
    The Rosie.apk is deodex so should*** work on all current Sense 1.0 (4.67 keys) ROM. If using on an odex ROM, be sure to remove Rosie.apk and Rosie.odex before using.

I will not post a flashable zip. It is easy enough to add this to your current ROM. If you need help, just ask.

@Users/themers of Classic v0.1.0+, you get these mods stock through CCP so you are ready to go. Move along.​

Tommy
    enjoy the possibilities

*There is a small glitch when using this mod and viewing notifications.
    **I am only posting the Rosie as Ghost edition. If you wish to have a different dock/icons, please ask a themer or do it yourself. Also, I changed many other aspects of Rosie. Please modify accordingly when adapting to your ROM or theme.
    ***Sense 1.0 ROMs only please
    How would I go about changing the 'loading evo classic' and introduction text (where it says "welcome to the evo classic!" and so on) to my own after I decompile the Rosie.apk?

It's in the /res/values/strings.xml folder :)

Youll clearly spot the text
    Thank you Tommy!
    Figured users of other roms deserve some ghost action also :)

Hope it helps.

Looks good tommy thanks. Think I will be using this in my ROM.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA