[Mod][App] Rosie Utility - control your Home [Sense 1.0]

Search This thread

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
Orange County, California
In the compatibility section in the op it says Sense 1.0 with 4.67 keys only. You can try on the new 5.07 but not everything will work right I imagine.

Whenever ruu for 5.07 releases I will update accordingly.

I try to make my op as clear as possible. Just read it and you can't miss.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Got it now. the 4.67 keys only through me off. I installed both apk and rebooted, stuck on the boot screen. I think I'll just flash back to your rom since I love the rosie.

Reactions: tommytomatoe

tommytomatoe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Just tried it on software 2.26. Japanese carrier rom and it works:victory:! Certainly takes several minutes to load though!
Looks cool. Gonna have it as an Aroma launcher option. Thanks:good:

Last edited:

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Widgets won't load

Now I'm not sure if this is because of mismatched software versions or because I removed alot of Sense apk, but when I use the Rosie and select widgets I cannot get any of them to load onto the home screen. This is third party widgets not stock. The list shows up and can select the widget but it doesn't show on the screen. Would this be because of something I removed from the system/app folder?

Last edited:

tommytomatoe

Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Now I'm not sure if this is because of mismatched software versions or because I removed alot of Sense apk, but when I use the Rosie and select widgets I cannot get any of them to load onto the home screen. This is third party widgets not stock. The list shows up and can select the widget but it doesn't show on the screen. Would this be because of something I removed from the system/app folder?

It's is definitely due to mismatched software ids.

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
It's is definitely due to mismatched software ids.

Hey Tommy,
I just solved my problem. I forgot to mention that I have removed practically all the Htc widget applications, and I found out that I needed to push back HtcAddProgramWidget.apk.

I don't understand Sense! (is that a pun?!) Sometimes things go together other times they don't. I think the Japanese software 2.26.xx is almost identical to the 4.67 of Sprint.

EDIT: Still working after a reboot :) Not for htc widgets but i guess thats down to mismatched ids. No probs.

BTW I sent you a pm couple days ago. Wondered if you could give me a few more pointers:eek:

Last edited:

yeoldeusrename

Jun 30, 2011
Nexus 7
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Tommy,

I love this idea! A few questions if I may...

Can I ask how this works exactly?
How does the RosieUtility.apk affect how the Rosie.apk works?
Is it possible to include on-the-fly tweaks for other Rosie parameters? (e.g. no text bubbles, app drawer rows, desktop # of rows, etc.)
Or can stuff like that be modified in the Rosie.apk xml values only prior to packaging Rosie.apk?
Could this be expanded to modify parameters of the HtcClock3DWidget.apk?
Is there any reason this couldn't be ported to 2.1 based ROMs? (e.g. MikG)

I've done a little bit of Rosie layout modding for MikG, so I'm wondering if this method can make more of an all-in-one solution.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?11312-THEME-MOD-03-29-12-For-TW671-Blue-Glass-V3-9-(Rosie-mods)

Last edited:

tommytomatoe

Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
Any of what you mentioned can be done. Feel free to take my github source and add to it.

I've been meaning to add that stuff on the fly to the classic but have been very busy. It's not that hard.

And yes you can apply same things to mikG and any other Rom. Some of the Rosie tweaks are already in other roms.

yeoldeusrename

Jun 30, 2011
Nexus 7
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
1. I've loaded the Rosie Utility and ROM-CONTROL into eclipse. I'm getting the following error:

import net.classic.rosie.utility.ShellInterface cannot be resolved

Where can I find "net.classic.rosie.utility.ShellInterface"?

2. Why is all the code commented out which has to do with long pressing left/right/middle and remapping middle? Would those not work as intended?

3. The substance of Rosie Utility appears to revolve around modifying system settings (e.g. Settings.System.putString(getContentResolver(), "activity_name_rosie_left", null);).

But where are these system settings actually used? In Rosie.apk?

Thanks for any input! Is this the right place for this kind of discussion?

Last edited:

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Hi Tommy,
I saw in your changelog for the Classic, it has a Rosie which includes long press functions. I wondered if this was only available in the classic? Is there a way to implement it through the utility or does it need the CCP?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey gang!

ziyYGl.jpg

NVxzJl.jpg

I am posting two files. Rosie.apk and RosieUtility.apk

Feel free to include in your ROM or theme.

Note! RosieUtility.apk WILL not work without the modified Rosie.apk!

Features:
    1. Rosie is remapped with app drawer in center
    2. Rosie has dual mappable buttons (left and right)
    3. Rosie defaults to Dialer (left) and personalize (right) when not using custom applications
    4. App drawer columns from 4 up to 10
    5. Kill Rosie
    6. Show/hide statusbar while on home screen*
    7. Rosie is themed with Ghost Edition**​

Credits:
    Romanbb for some original source
    tommytomatoe for adapted source, remapped Rosie, app drawer columns, and Statusbar visibility​

Sharing policy:
    Sharing is caring. If you use this mod/app and love it, feel free to link back to this thread.

Github repo here for Rosie Utility

Github repo here for ROM-CONTROL

Compatibility
    The Rosie.apk is deodex so should*** work on all current Sense 1.0 (4.67 keys) ROM. If using on an odex ROM, be sure to remove Rosie.apk and Rosie.odex before using.

I will not post a flashable zip. It is easy enough to add this to your current ROM. If you need help, just ask.

@Users/themers of Classic v0.1.0+, you get these mods stock through CCP so you are ready to go. Move along.​

Tommy
    enjoy the possibilities

*There is a small glitch when using this mod and viewing notifications.
    **I am only posting the Rosie as Ghost edition. If you wish to have a different dock/icons, please ask a themer or do it yourself. Also, I changed many other aspects of Rosie. Please modify accordingly when adapting to your ROM or theme.
    ***Sense 1.0 ROMs only please
    How would I go about changing the 'loading evo classic' and introduction text (where it says "welcome to the evo classic!" and so on) to my own after I decompile the Rosie.apk?

It's in the /res/values/strings.xml folder :)

Youll clearly spot the text
    Thank you Tommy!
    Figured users of other roms deserve some ghost action also :)

Hope it helps.

Looks good tommy thanks. Think I will be using this in my ROM.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA