[MOD]aptX for all

Search This thread

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
aptX is an advanced bluetooth codec.

The flashable zip should work on all devices supporting bt >=4.0, but since I only tested this on my chagallwifi, I'm posting in this forum.

I verified the mod is working on a chagallwifi with Teufel Move BT (c). If I use a source coded lossless (I used a flac file) the difference is hearable with the Move BT.

The zip just copies over the three libaptX* files to /system/vendor/lib and sets their permissoins to 644.

Just reboot after flashing and AptX is working. To get AptXHD working, add this line to /system/build.prop:
Code:
persist.bt.enableAptXHD=true
Finaly: Reboot.

Attachments

• aptx.zip
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,095

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
many thanks, if this works it is brilliant :fingers-crossed::good:
I guess it is only working on LineageOS and LOS based ROMs?
If yes it should also work on other devices running LOS, such as my galaxy S5?

regards

Reactions: nvertigo67

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011

regards
The flashable zip should work on all devices supporting bt >=4.0

Since it's "just another codec" it should work on ALL devices with sufficient bt support - that's my technical guess. I terms of copyright law it's only allowed to use this on aptx licenced devices. Check the box of your device for the AptX logo or search here for your device. But since the zip does not check for devices... ;)

BTW: lineageos for all exynos5420 based devices will have aptx support build in from the next realese on, thanx to @DarkExistence: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75200352&postcount=1201

Last edited:

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Is this zip obsolete if the ROM you use already has APTX support on board?
I was asking in the Samsung galaxy S5 LineageOS thread and there it was implemented about one year ago but I could not find the line you mentioned in my build.prop

Regards

Sent from my SM-G900F with Tapatalk

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
I was asking in the Samsung galaxy S5 LineageOS thread and there it was implemented about one year ago but I could not find the line you mentioned in my build.prop

Regards

Sorry, I only have detailed knowledge of devices I have my hands on. In this case chagallwifi (sm-t800). If you use @DarkExistence official lineage builds or mine (see sig) you have NOT to do anything, because the zip is included in the blobs and the buildprop is edited.

Sammy is different from the other childrens - especially, but not limited - on audio. The audio implementation on stock sammy roms is completely different from aosp/los. When I first brought up cm11 @Barracuda77777 and me had a hard time on getting the xml files for audio correctly migrated. Later @Schischu did a great job on making a script for this task.

If you look at a stock t800 rom, you will not find any files named libaptX*so though it supports aptx.

Keeping that in mind, the s5 los builds may support aptx, though neither the build.prop line, nor the libs named libaptX*so are present. Before flashing this on s5, just check, if it's already supported ("logcat -d|grep -i -e aptx -e audio" - you need a posix complient grep for multi expresaions! Included in my builds, or run two timesmwith only one expression.).

Last but not least: if you just flash this zip without editing build.prop you will have full aptX support. The build.prop edit is to enable aptXHD. So the missing build.prop edit is no indicator for aptX support.

For completeness this is @Schischu's script.

I hope this is clearifying some points.

Did not found any logo for aptx connection!! Used on tfz air king with T805
there isn´t.
Check the bluetooth settings for the currently connected device, it may show "HD audio: Qualcomm aptx (-HD)"
But as far as i remember, this zip in here is only designed for android 7.
Android 7 doesn´t fully support aptx and doesn´t show any info about it.

Android 8 and up does natively support aptx, aptx-HD and i think even Ldac.
So as soon as compatible binarys were found, it can use it (and shows if the connected device is using the codec).

If you´re looking for aptx for a more recent android version, take a look at my signature and you may find something :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aptX is an advanced bluetooth codec.

The flashable zip should work on all devices supporting bt >=4.0, but since I only tested this on my chagallwifi, I'm posting in this forum.

I verified the mod is working on a chagallwifi with Teufel Move BT (c). If I use a source coded lossless (I used a flac file) the difference is hearable with the Move BT.

The zip just copies over the three libaptX* files to /system/vendor/lib and sets their permissoins to 644.

Just reboot after flashing and AptX is working. To get AptXHD working, add this line to /system/build.prop:
    Code:
    persist.bt.enableAptXHD=true
    Finaly: Reboot.

Regards

Sorry, I only have detailed knowledge of devices I have my hands on. In this case chagallwifi (sm-t800). If you use @DarkExistence official lineage builds or mine (see sig) you have NOT to do anything, because the zip is included in the blobs and the buildprop is edited.

Sammy is different from the other childrens - especially, but not limited - on audio. The audio implementation on stock sammy roms is completely different from aosp/los. When I first brought up cm11 @Barracuda77777 and me had a hard time on getting the xml files for audio correctly migrated. Later @Schischu did a great job on making a script for this task.

If you look at a stock t800 rom, you will not find any files named libaptX*so though it supports aptx.

Keeping that in mind, the s5 los builds may support aptx, though neither the build.prop line, nor the libs named libaptX*so are present. Before flashing this on s5, just check, if it's already supported ("logcat -d|grep -i -e aptx -e audio" - you need a posix complient grep for multi expresaions! Included in my builds, or run two timesmwith only one expression.).

Last but not least: if you just flash this zip without editing build.prop you will have full aptX support. The build.prop edit is to enable aptXHD. So the missing build.prop edit is no indicator for aptX support.

For completeness this is @Schischu's script.

I hope this is clearifying some points.

regards
    The flashable zip should work on all devices supporting bt >=4.0

Since it's "just another codec" it should work on ALL devices with sufficient bt support - that's my technical guess. I terms of copyright law it's only allowed to use this on aptx licenced devices. Check the box of your device for the AptX logo or search here for your device. But since the zip does not check for devices... ;)

BTW: lineageos for all exynos5420 based devices will have aptx support build in from the next realese on, thanx to @DarkExistence: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75200352&postcount=1201

regards