[MOD AUG 21] MultiROM v28 UNOFFICIAL [FULLY WORKING] [STABLE]

Search This thread

percy_g2

Oct 22, 2012
Bangalore
sites.google.com
vh3puLb.png

Introduction

MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for Nexus 7. It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Active, Bohdi Linux or WebOS port.Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs, daily prebuilt image files to install Ubuntu Touch and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
* Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
* Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
* Use for example Ubuntu Touch (will be there in future ;) ) or Desktop alongside with Android, without the need of device formatting

You can also watch a video which shows it in action. Tutorial by @TheDj408

Everything Fixed :) , No issue's

Warning!

It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is messing with boot sector and data partition. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.​

Installation

Manual installation
Firstly, there are videos on youtube. If you want, just search for "MultiROM installation" on youtube and watch those, big thanks to all who made them. There is also an awesome article on Linux Journal.

Note 1: Your device must not be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted).

MultiROM has 3 parts you need to install:
MultiROM (multirom-YYYYMMDD-vXX-condor.zip) - download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery.
Modified recovery (TWRP_multirom_mako_YYYYMMDD.img) - download the IMG file from second post and use fastboot
Patched kernel - You need Kexec-hardboot patched kernel (i will share XT1022 stock and cm-11)

1.First Flash MultiROM zip via Recovery :- LINK
2.Reboot to bootloader
3.Fastboot MultiROM TWRP Recovery (Terminal Command "fastboot flash recovery MultiROM-TWRP.img" ) LINK
4.Reboot recovery.

Adding ROMs

Android
Go to recovery, select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm. As for the space, clean installation of stock 4.4 after first boot (with dalvik cache generated and connected to google account) takes 676mb of space.​

Updating/changing ROMs

1. Primary ROM (Internal)
  • Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
  • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.
2. Secondary Android ROMs
If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:
  • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
  • Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.

Downloads

Source code

Kernel:- MSM8610

Donation's

Alway's welcome ;)

Credits

• Tasssadar
  • montamer

XDA:DevDB Information
MultiROM For Motorola Moto E, Tool/Utility for the Moto E

Contributors
percy_g2
Source Code: https://github.com/percy-g2/android_kernel_motorola_msm8610

Version Information
Current Stable Version: MultiROM v28
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-03

Created 2014-09-02
Last Updated 2014-12-07

Aug 16, 2014
vizag
Worked For Me

vh3puLb.png

Introduction

MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for Nexus 7. It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Active, Bohdi Linux or WebOS port.Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs, daily prebuilt image files to install Ubuntu Touch and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
* Use for example Ubuntu Touch (will be there in future ;) ) or Desktop alongside with Android, without the need of device formatting

You can also watch a video which shows it in action.

Issue's :-
1. Touch doesn't work on MultiROM Bootmenu (wait for 5 secs after pressing vol down button it will let you select) , so need to use volume key for navigating and power button for selection. (Haven't looked into touch input's yet, will be fixed asap)
2. I haven't try to boot ROM's on SDCARD but i have tested CM-11 and stock 4.4.4 on internal , because i don't have sdcard currently. Let me know if it work's fine

Warning!

It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is messing with boot sector and data partition. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.​

Installation

Manual installation
Firstly, there are videos on youtube. If you want, just search for "MultiROM installation" on youtube and watch those, big thanks to all who made them. There is also an awesome article on Linux Journal.

Note 1: Your device must not be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted).

MultiROM (multirom-YYYYMMDD-vXX-condor.zip) - download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery.
Modified recovery (TWRP_multirom_mako_YYYYMMDD.img) - download the IMG file from second post and use fastboot
Patched kernel - You need Kexec-hardboot patched kernel (i will share XT1022 stock and cm-11)

2.Reboot to bootloader
3.Fastboot MultiROM TWRP Recovery (Terminal Command "fastboot flash recovery MultiROM-TWRP.img" ) LINK
4.Reboot recovery.

Adding ROMs

Android
Go to recovery, select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm. As for the space, clean installation of stock 4.4 after first boot (with dalvik cache generated and connected to google account) takes 676mb of space.​

Updating/changing ROMs

• Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:
  • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.

Downloads

Source code

Donation's

Alway's welcome ;)

Credits

• Tasssadar
  • montamer

Contributors
percy_g2

Version Information
Current Beta Version: v1
Beta Release Date: 2014-09-02

Created 2014-09-02
Last Updated 2014-09-01

Worked But Some issus That Already U Mentioned
But Great Word Done By You.Hats off/-/-/-
Issus
Touch,sd card,frezzing-/
I Want TO Buy A Puff For You But No Credit card

Aug 16, 2014
vizag
Issue

what is the issue with sdcard and frezzing ??? well my internal is booting cm-11 and stock 4.4.4 without any issue.

Well The issues are
We can't install roms on SD card - -- SD card problem
In Boot Menu Its Taking Time TO Select Rom ----- frezzing

But Great Work Done By You
Even It Can Boot to Multiple Roms Thats Great

Last edited:

percy_g2

Oct 22, 2012
Bangalore
sites.google.com
Well The issues are

Okay thanks for report and about touch , yes i'm aware and u can use volume - and power button for selection until i fix it ;)

Last edited:

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
vh3puLb.png

Introduction

Features:

You can also watch a video which shows it in action.

Issue's :-
1. Touch doesn't work on MultiROM Bootmenu (wait for 5 secs after pressing vol down button it will let you select) , so need to use volume key for navigating and power button for selection. (Haven't looked into touch input's yet, will be fixed asap)
2. I haven't try to boot ROM's on SDCARD but i have tested CM-11 and stock 4.4.4 on internal , because i don't have sdcard currently. Let me know if it work's fine

Warning!

Installation

Manual installation

2.Reboot to bootloader
4.Reboot recovery.

Adding ROMs

Android

Updating/changing ROMs

Downloads

Source code

Donation's

Alway's welcome ;)

Credits

• Tasssadar
  • montamer

Contributors
percy_g2

Version Information
Current Beta Version: v1
Beta Release Date: 2014-09-02

Created 2014-09-02
Last Updated 2014-09-01

Great job! Isn't this the first non Nexus device with Multirom? And I know that they have different chipsets, but I would love to have Multirom on my droid maxx...

spiked_mistborn

Nov 28, 2012
Nice work! I'll try this on my xt1023 once the sd card support is fixed and report back.

Also, what's with all the full quotes of the OP?

percy_g2

Oct 22, 2012
Bangalore
sites.google.com
About SDcard support​

"MultiROM only supports devices with storage in /data/media/. Physical SD cards are not supported because of how slow and generally awful they are, but some devices have "fake" /sdcard on separate partition, which is not supported as of yet."

Now you will ask ,why ? doesn't it makes sense 30-40mbps speed SDcards will be so slow and it will affect the sdcard also .4GB Internal storage can handle 2 to 3 firmware's easily imo and keep all other stuff in external SD :)

About Touch Not working

It's fixed ;) http://youtu.be/G9lDvfN-9mk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vh3puLb.png

Introduction

Features:

You can also watch a video which shows it in action. Tutorial by @TheDj408

Everything Fixed :) , No issue's

Warning!

Installation

Manual installation

2.Reboot to bootloader
    4.Reboot recovery.

Adding ROMs

Android

Updating/changing ROMs

Downloads

Source code

Donation's

Alway's welcome ;)

Credits

• Tasssadar
    • montamer

Contributors
    percy_g2
    Source Code: https://github.com/percy-g2/android_kernel_motorola_msm8610

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: MultiROM v28
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-03

Created 2014-09-02
    Last Updated 2014-12-07
    reserved for kexec-hard boot kernel's and ss

Xt1022-4.4.4-STOCK:- XT1022-kexec-hardboot.img
    CM-11.0:- cm-11.0-kexec-hardboot-kernel.img

ScreenShot's

6cf8cbe454009a47878fb160af3db169.jpg

b0f6cd5c985eaea7a369a48b5061fce3.jpg

3ef990f210f4b91631af73eec2024a66.jpg

ff39887ba60bcf27cbdb3548b7541e83.jpg

aeb3ce5c2f3fbd0b9674862052d820c4.jpg

51de973a8cb4436f597bcedcbfccc497.jpg

7c965ae27c8ae6387c8d6da820ebc47f.jpg

a93bf61a4e17eb2c26e2715c23ede8e1.jpg
    Off topic: Can you build CM11 Latest Build for Moto E

I'm working on it , please don't post off topic post's here.
    Well The issues are

Okay thanks for report and about touch , yes i'm aware and u can use volume - and power button for selection until i fix it ;)