avlock is a (the first?) real, *system-level* lock screen replacement for Android (CM 5.0.6).
it replaces the standard "connect the dots" behavior with pin-like mechanism. patterns can be arbitrarily large, and nodes can be repeated. also, there are no numbers -- just circles. definitely not for everyone, but i think some people may like it.
if you want to try it you must have CM 5.0.6 installed, then:
1. reboot to bootloader
2. nandroid backup <-- do it. seriously. just in case.
3. flash avlock[x].zip
5. if you don't have a lock pattern already, set one: Home > Menu > Settings > Location and Security > Set Unlock Pattern
q: what happens if something goes really wrong and i can't log in?
a: i've been tweaking this mod for a long time and you shouldn't have any problems. BUT IF YOU DO:
* restore from nandroid backup made in step 2 above
* if you know how to use adb, just delete the file pattern file and reboot:
* disabling "Use visible pattern" works now
* better integration with system and Settings.
* re-added drag lock option.
* added the ability to specify a pattern timeout
use at your own risk. i am not responsible for any damages caused by this software. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!
caution: if you update your rom, install a theme, or flash another mod that replaces framework.jar, framework-res.apk, or android.framework.jar, you may not be able to log in upon reboot (or even spin into a boot loop). either (1) make sure you disable your lock screen before flashing or (2) rm gesture.key as described in the faq!