[MOD] Battery mods repository thread

Search This thread

kalpik

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
Hi Guys!

I think we need a central repository for all the mods scattered around various firmware threads!

I was thinking we should keep various versions of mods and the original framework-res.apk in this thread, so that everything is in one place!

I will also take requests for making various versions of mods in this thread. Others are welcome to chip in and ill link the mods you made in this post.

Credits go to Fightspit (for the fightspit mod), and various other mod makers (mentioned below). Special shout out to Tayutama for teaching me how to make these mods.

The requests should be in the following format:

Firmware version: I9000xxJMx (full version)
Mod requested: Version a/b/c/d/e
And you need to attach the original framework-res.apk (zipped)

Versions that can be made:

Version A:

Version%20A.png

Version B:

Version%20B.png

Version C:

Version%20C.png

Version D:

Version%20D.png

Version E:

Version%20E.png

Version F:

Version%20F.png

More fightspit versions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=724778

dani31's stock battery mod:

battleveldani31v2x.gif

rom-g's battery mod:

digital.jpg

myriad.jpg

simple.jpg

Current Mods:

Please check here for dani31's mods for both Eclair and Froyo: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8556808&postcount=846

Please check here for rom-g's mods for both Eclair and Froyo: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8606008&postcount=895

Eclair

Instructions: rename to update.zip and flash through recovery.

I9000XXJM1 (rev3): Original, Version A (thanks MasK), Version B, Version C, Version D, Version F
I9000XFJM6: Original, Version A, Version A with EVO BBB (Thanks Tayutama) Version B, Version C, Version C (EVO BBB, thanks Tayutama), Version D, Version E
I9000XWJM6: Original, Version A, Version B, Version C, Version D (all versions thanks Tayutama)
I9000JPJG8: Version C, Version D (all versions thanks Tayutama)
I9000UGJH2: Original, Version B (EVO BBB, thanks designgears), Version D (EVO BBB, thanks Tayutama)
I9000ZSJH1: Original, Version C, Version D
I9000UGJG9: Version C (thanks Tayutama)
I9000HVJH1: Original, Version A (thanks Tayutama), Version B (thanks Tayutama), Version C
I9000DXJG4: Original, Version B, Version D, Version F (all thanks Tayutama)
I9000XWJG5 (Modaco r3): Original, Version C (Thanks Tayutama)
I9000XWJM2: Original, Version B (thanks Hrc4u), Version D (thanks Tayutama), Version E
I9000ZSJF7: Original, Version C
I9000DDJG4: Original, Version C
I9000XWJM7: Original, Version A, Version B, Version C, Version D, Version E, Version E with EVO BBB (all thanks Tayutama), Version F, Version Z with Gradient (thanks Idan73), Version Z tiny gradient bar mod (thanks Idan73), Version Z stock with numbers gradient bar mod (thanks Idan73), Version Z stock gradient ANDRODeNa_GaLaSSiA theme (thanks Idan73)
I9000XWJM8: Original, Version A, Version C, Version D, Version E (thanks Tayutama), Version E with EVO BBB (thanks Tayutama), Version F, Version Z tiny gradient (thanks Tayutama), Version Z stock gradient (thanks Tayutama), Version C with EVO BBB (thanks Tayutama), Stock battery mod (thanks dani31)
I9000XXJM2: Version D with gradient (thanks Tayutama)
I9000ZSJG4: Original, Version D, Version E
I9000AOJM1: Original, Version C
I9000XWJM5: Original, Version D
I9000DTJG3: Version C
I9000XXJF3: Original, Version C
I9000XWJM2: Original, Version E
I9000BGJM1: Original, Version C
I9000XWJM9: Original, Version A, Version C, Version D (thanks Rawat) Version F (thanks veper)
I9000XFJM1: Stock battery mod (thanks rasebo)

SHW-M110S: Original, Version D

I9000BVJJG9: Original, Version C

I9000TDOJJ1: Version C (thanks Tayutama)

dani31's Stock Battery mods for various firmware: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8556808&postcount=846

Froyo

Instructions:

If you have 2e Recovery on froyo, you can just rename the zip to update.zip and flash via 2e recovery or clockworkmod. Else:

Manual Method 1:
Download desired version.
Extract framework-res.apk from the downloaded file.
Type the following in a command window: adb push framework-res.apk /sdcard/framework-res.apk
Type: adb shell
Type: su
Type: rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk
Type: cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
Type: sync
Type: reboot

Manual Method 2 (recommended):
- Extract framework-res.apk from the downloaded file.
- Open root explorer, and copy the framework-res.apk (extranced above) to /system/framework/ chose yes for overwrite.
- Things may start force closing, but its normal. Wait for a minute, and then reboot phone.

Automated (don't use it unless you know what you're doing. Known to cause problems):
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wuzy9iss3k43v4h
Download this tool.
Download desired file from OP post.
Extract the tool.
Extract framework-res.apk from the downloaded file and copy it into the extracted tool dir.
Run Change Framework.bat
Accept the Superuser Permission prompt on the phone.
The script will reboot when it's done

Minor bug... You will need to set your wallpaper and google accounts again

This tool also makes a backup of the old framework-res.apk. It gets saved on /sdcard as framework-res.apk.bak

I9000ZSJP2: Original, Version D
I9000XXJP3: Version C (thanks Tayutama)
I9000XXJPC: Original, Version A, Version B, Version B with EVO BBB, Version C, Version D, Version E, Version F (all versions thanks to Tayutama), Version D with EVO BBB (thanks soulcrash)
I9000XXJPC Doc's RomMod: Version D (thanks eltommi)
I9000XXJPH: Original, Version A, Version C, Version D
I9000XXJPK: Original, Version A, Version B, Version C, Version D, Version E (Thanks Tayutama)
I9000ZSJP4: Original, Version B, Version D
I9000DXJP1: Original, Version D
I9000ZUJP2: Original and Version I (thanks NeoXTC), Version D
I9000XXJPM: Original, Version B, Version C, Version D (thanks rom-g), Version E (thanks rom-g), Version F, Version I (thanks NeoXTC)
I9000XWJP6: Original, Version C, Version D (thanks rom-g), Version E (thanks rom-g)
I9000JPJPA: Original, Version C, Version D (thanks rom-g), Version E (thanks rom-g)
I9000ZSJP8: Original, Version D (thanks rom-g), Version E (thanks rom-g)
I9000XXJPO: Original, Version D (with gradient)

Disclaimer: I (or any other modder) will not be able to test each and every version of the MOD I, or anyone else makes, so we will not be held responsible if the mod doesn't work, or if your phone doesn't boot. Though the max you will have to do is to reflash firmware using odin. Please keep a current backup of you apps/data and the original framework-res.apk before flashing

P.S.: For people looking for how to do this themselves, have a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9318973&postcount=1290 (UPDATED, now very easy)

Don't forget to share what you build :)

Last edited:

kalpik

May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com

mystifiyer

Jun 26, 2010
Can check if any of these versions are compatible with JM5?

Or is it that a specific version must be made for each firmware release?

Orcie

Aug 12, 2010
Is it really that hard to generate a new apk with the new icons embedded in them. Can someone explain the procedure?

kalpik

May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
Ok, a small tutorial for people trying to do this on their own:

1. Copy framework-res.apk
2. Decompile it with APK Manager 4.8
3. Paste the source files from the original thread, paste the xml files in drawable and the png files in drawable-hdpi (for eclair) or drawable-hdpi-v4 (for froyo).
4. Compile the apk
5. Copy META-INF folder and AndroidManifest.xml from the original APK to the modded one

That's it!

Last edited:
Reactions: pranik

jana999

Mar 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Ok, a small tutorial for people trying to do this on their own:

1. Copy framework-res.apk
2. Decompile it with APK Manager 4.8
3. Paste the source files from the original thread, paste the xml files in drawable and the png files in drawable-hdpi (not v4).
4. Compile the apk
5. Copy META-INF folder and AndroidManifest.xml from the original APK to the modded one

That's it!

+1
Thanks so much for this guide. Would it be possible to link to this post from the first post?
Woohoo!

Last edited:

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
Could someone make request for Canadian jh2 version d. Got the version c and did not backup framework so cannot make request myself.

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
designgears.com/phones/SuperCircleBattery/GT-I9000/GT-I9000-I9000UGJH2_version_b_EBB.zip

that is the link for original evo bar mod from captivate page version b for i9000ugjh2 bell vibrant.
Requesting version d evo bar.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts