• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] Battery Percentage (DeFroST | OpenDesire | AOSPDesire | DJ Droid | DeVillain)

Search This thread

frankencat

Oct 13, 2009
Tampa Bay, Home of the Rays!
hello,
i know its a long shot but it will be amazing if you can make this work for Galaxy S.. I've attached framework-res.apk from the latest JG5 firmware.

Hey rasp, did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar issue. I want to change battery status icons in the framework-res.apk for Galaxy S (Tmo Vibrant). I can decompile the framework-res.apk just fine. I then modify the stat_sys_battery.xml and stat_sys_battery_charge.xml files but when I try to recompile the app I get a bunch of "xxx declared here is not defined." errors. Really all I need to do is recompile the .xml files to binary and that would be fine but I can't see a way to do that. Any help appreciated. Thanks :)

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Official Froyo HTC Sense v1.0c works on my Desire official 2.10.405.2
But the battery icon looks not like Sense's icon. Could you please change it's design?

Hey..what...???

the battery icons is the mod all other is original...if you want the original sense battery icons don´t flash this...!! Or what you mean..?

with kind regards..Alex

mendozinas

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hey rasp, did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar issue. I want to change battery status icons in the framework-res.apk for Galaxy S (Tmo Vibrant). I can decompile the framework-res.apk just fine. I then modify the stat_sys_battery.xml and stat_sys_battery_charge.xml files but when I try to recompile the app I get a bunch of "xxx declared here is not defined." errors. Really all I need to do is recompile the .xml files to binary and that would be fine but I can't see a way to do that. Any help appreciated. Thanks :)
U forget to modify zzz_stat_sys_battery.xml.
It must be the same as stat_sys_battery.xml

m_ae

Oct 11, 2010
HTC Desire Android 2.2
Official ROM
Mod Official Froyo HTC Sense v1.0c (Not Tested) doesn't work.
There is endless reboot on "HTC quietly briliant" screen.

Who could help?
May be there is a different way to get battary icon with percentage.
Kitchen's mod "circle.glx.nl" doesn't work also.