[MOD] BlockingMode Icon Remover and Smart Rotation Hack DLJx/DLIH(N2/S34G)

Search This thread

itachihak

Feb 19, 2012
Cool did not know that, I thought it replace blocking icon with smart rotation thanks for heads up and all works good.
Thanks for the mode's and keep up with the good work, it's all you developer that make's me still love my s3 with more and more mode's release or ported.
THANKS A LOT BRO BIG THUMBS UP FROM ME

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

stfudude

Aug 17, 2010
Egypt
Thanks!

About the Blocking Mode, I didn't even know it was possible to set a time for it^^
I understand the icon makes no sense for people who set a recurring time... but for people like me who just turn the Blocking Mode manually once in a while, it's good to have the icon to remind me (otherwise I'm sure I'd forget to turn it off again)

Look, imagine you set a time for Blocking mode. You set from 12.00 am to 11.59 pm. Then you're browsing the web with your phone in landscape orientation. Then a text message came in. You pull down the notification bar, and you don't see the message. It's pushed downwards, thanks to the toggles, and now, to the bloody redundant Blocking Mode notification. See?

cbeckstein

Nov 13, 2010
Look, imagine you set a time for Blocking mode. You set from 12.00 am to 11.59 pm. Then you're browsing the web with your phone in landscape orientation. Then a text message came in. You pull down the notification bar, and you don't see the message. It's pushed downwards, thanks to the toggles, and now, to the bloody redundant Blocking Mode notification. See?

The link for XXDLJ1 odexed smart rotate only points to something strange

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's MY CWM Zips for activating Smart Rotate, with the bonus of removing the daft permanent Blocking Mode Icon.

To install just flash in CWM.

Galaxy S3 i9300 Versions - Should now work fine on both Odex and DeOdex roms

NEW : this version has a fix to the Samsung wording used in the Smart Rotate option. It didn't make English sense. Thanks to the i9305 guys for noticing it (chippy to be exact)

XXDLIH - DevHost
    XXDLJ1 - DevHost
    XXDLJ2 - DevHost - Modded version with the How To Guide for Smart Rotate XXDLJ2
    XXDLJ4 (24Oct) - DevHost - Has the Guide built in
    Screenshot_2012-10-24-22-22-49.jpg
    XXELK4 - http://d-h.st/qWW - Includes the support for Multi Window
    Screenshot_2012-11-29-17-20-39.jpg

XXDLJ1 Smart Rotate Only - DevHost
    XXDLJ2 Smart Rotate Only - DevHost
    XXDLJ4 Smart Rotate Only (24Oct) - DevHost
    XXELK4 - Not done as it's included already in this firmware.

Galaxy S3 4G - i9305 - Please note I cannot test this device yet myself, so please let me know. These ZIPs should be compatible with Odex and DeOdex roms. (Thanks to TRX33 for the catch on the mounting)

XXALI9 - DevHost
    XXALI9 Smart Rotate Only - DevHost

Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - Please note, not tested as don't have an N2 to test on, but tested successfully by users.

XXALJ3 - DevHost

Galaxy S3-T999 (US) - I've not checked the wording, so apologies if it's in KoreanGlish I'll change it after test's show this works. I cannot test this device as I don't have a device. Please let me know. - NOTE tested on XquiziT_xD_v33/v34

UVDLIH/8 - DevHost
    UVDLIH/8 Rotate Only - DevHost

** Issues **

I'm not aware of any at the moment. The N2 and the i9305 will get the wording change shortly, the S3 wording change is only in the J2/J4 releases, but I will back port it if asked.

Credits

Препод - for the Smart Rotate
    exscape - for the Blocking Mode 'fix'

View attachment 1412491View attachment 1412492

As you can see, the Blocking Mode Icon is not present in the first Screenshot, and the Smart Rotation is enabled in the second. To prove it's working launch an app that will rotate after the feature is enabled, now tip the phone on it's side and you should see the little eyeball icon next to the signal indicator for a second.
    Sorry guys, been away for a couple of weeks, I'll get on it shortly.
    No sweat... I am so thankful for this really useful mod...

Apologies again, was out shopping so had to get home before updating link. Should be OK now, but for easiness sake http://go.clickmeter.com/xt1a/
    I'll do a version without the blocking mode icon removed. Although I honestly can't see the point in not having it removed.

If you dont use Blocking Mode then that mod wont affect you, and if you do and like the Blocking Mode icon then your mad ;)
    I've added Odex'd versions for those that need them.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone