[MOD][BOOT ANIMATION] Blue Oneplus boot animation for Oneplus 8 Pro

Search This thread

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Hello everyone,

This is a continuation from my previous thread as I've upgraded from a OP6T to a OP8 Pro.
Here's the original thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/mod-boot-animation-blue-oneplus-boot-animation-for-oneplus-6t.4031823/

"I previously had the OnePlus 3, 6T and I upgraded to the 8 Pro. But from the OP3 I had the blue Oneplus Colette boot animation and I had a custom blue OP bootanimation from my 6T. I haven't found a viable replacement for my 8 Pro. So I have done it myself. I modified the boot animation to a medium blue (#0073ff). I hope you guys enjoy it."

Installation Method:
This needs root. There's a extra step before installing the modules, check with a root file explorer where's your bootanimation.zip file is. It should be in system/product/media

1. This process requires root
  2. Download the chosen magisk module (OPstock or OPblue)
  3. Only choose the normal size not ENLARGED
  4. If you have magisk installed
  5. Go into magisk manager, magisk modules
  6. Install from storage
  7. Choose zip and flash
  8. Reboot and enjoy!
Any feedback is welcome

Important
  • The boot animation has the old OnePlus logo. I don't have the 8/ 8 Pro, so I can't make one with the new logo :(
  • Don't extract the bootanimation.zip to change the desc.txt file! And install that as the new bootanimation! IT WON'T WORK! Best way to change the position of the boot animation using the "Bootanimations for superuser" app by JRummy which is in the Links section.
  • Grant root by going into settings -> installation directory -> press the 3 dots. This is the safest way to grant root other than installing another custom bootanimation...
  • If the boot animation is TOO small, there is a fix which is in the Issues section
  • From trying to help users, you cannot use the magisk modules or replace the bootanimation.zip to modify the bootanimation on OOS 12 + OOS 13
    • Due to the booatnimation.zip being in my_product/media/ on OOS 12/13, u can't edit that partition manually and the OOS 12/13 desc.txt format is different compared to AOSP
  • For stock OOS 12/13, there's a magisk module that supposedly could install a custom bootanimation, but I don't use OOS so I'm not sure if it'll work. But there's orangefox recovery which can be installed and remove the magisk module if anything goes wrong. The XDA thread to this modue is in the Link section below.

Issues
If you got into any issues WITH THE INSTALLATION, just remove the magisk module.

If the position is wrong... Sorry for that as the desc/ positioning is set for the OP8 Pro. But all OP phones should have the same desc/ positioning as I have checked. If it is too small then it is your OS/ROM. This happened to me on Evolution X.

Method 1
If the bootanimation from the magisk module is too small. No worries as there is a fix.
  1. Uninstall the magisk module!
  2. Download the Enlarged OPBlue or OPStock module
  3. Go into magisk manager, magisk modules
  4. Install from storage
  5. Choose zip and flash
  6. Reboot and enjoy!

Method 2
If you don't own a OP device or the positioning is still wrong then use this method.
No worries as you can fix it yourself!

2. And as u have ROOT, go and find your original bootanimation.
  3. Copy and it to back it up into your internal storage and rename it with something like original_bootanimation.zip
  4. Go into the .zip file, open the desc.txt, find what are the numbers on the first line! Take a note of it!
  5. Then reinstall the magisk module
  6. After rebooting, install the Jrummy bootanimation app from the play store and it does need root. The link is in the LINKS section.
  7. Then go into manage current bootanimation and tweak the bootanimation to same the numbers as your original bootanimation first line in the desc.txt
  8. Reboot and check.
If it went well then well done! U can stop here or continue. Up to you
  1. The new issues is that u should back up and tweak the magisk module, so that u got a copy of that bootanimation with that position and don't have to keep tweaking the bootanimation every time u switch to a ROM or phone.
  2. So, go into system and find the new bootanimation (still bootanimation.zip)
  3. Copy and paste to internal storage. Because u renamed the original bootanimation zip file, both zip files should be there and not replaced.
  4. Then extract the boot animation magisk module
  5. Go into system -> media
  6. Delete that bootanimation.zip file and copy + paste the one u just copied into internal storage
  7. Then go back till u have the module files and folders
  8. Select all and compress/archive them into a zip file
  9. Take a copy and backup that zip file! You now made ur own magisk module
  10. Now uninstall the bootanimation magisk module in magisk manager
  11. Reboot system and then install the magisk module u made
  12. Done, u got your own magisk module and can keep reusing it with the exact position u want
Method 3
If you're having issues installing both the magisk module and the bootanimation .zip files.
  1. The is a last resort, which is to install Boot Animations for Superuser app from the play store and it does need root. The link is in the LINKS section.
  2. Before going through with this way of installation, make sure u have a copy of the desc.txt files/values as we need them later on.
  3. Open the app
  4. Press the plus symbol
  5. Find the bootanimation.zip file u want to install
  6. Press install
  7. Once it has installed
  8. Go back to the home menu of the app
  9. Press plus symbol
  10. Choose manage current animation
  11. Using the saved copy of the desc.txt file, open the file
  12. Now change the width and height (only one of them as the other changes accordingly) to match the values in the desc.txt file
  13. Press apply
  14. Now reboot to check the bootanimation looks right
  15. Done, you now got your new bootanimation with the exact width and height
You can go back and change the FPS, but idk if it'll work correctly. Also, u can go and find this modified bootanimation .zip file and use it for your own magisk module!

Links:
This is the Bootanimations for superuser app by JRummy Here
Boot/Shutdown Animation Injector for OOS 12/13 Link
GitHub Repo Link

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• OPBlue_R.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 637
  • OPStock_R.zip
    793.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Updates
  • 27/10/21 - I have created a Magisk module for this and it works great in my experience
  • Ps. the desc/prefs are set for the OP8 Pro!
    • I have also renamed the files and put [MAGISK], to make it obvs that these are magisk modules and people don't flash the actual boot animation!
    • I have now attached magisk modules and just bootanimation zip files for:
    • Stock OP boot animation (Both animations and magisk module)
      • Blue OP bootanimation (Both animations and magisk module)
      • Blue OP bootanimation Enlarged if the blue OP animation is too small/doesn't match the OP boot icon when u first boot ur device
    • I have added a additional method in issues section for users who've been unable to install the bootanimation for both magisk module and manually changing it in system/media
  • 9/11/21 - I have attached the new Stock OP boot animation Enlarged if the Stock OP animation is too small/doesn't match the OP boot icon when u first boot ur device
  • 15/11/22 - I have finally managed to get the bootanimation.zip file of the new OP bootanimation for Android 12!
    • From testing OP has messed up the bootanimation and the whole file needs reformatting
    • I removed the attached the original .zip file of just the bootanimation due to issues
    • I will upload a blue version zip file and the magisk mods for both bootanimations
    • OOS 12 doesn't allow users with root to mod bootanimation
  • 16/11/22 - Managed to reformat bootanimation frames to 450x1100
    • From my experience, 490x1200 looks better as it matches the bootloader logo
    • Posted bootanimation and magisk mod zips for new OOS 12 bootanimations
  • 28/1/23 - Found a XDA thread for a magisk module that could install a custom bootanimation for Stock OOS 12/13
  • 26/1/24 - Created GitHub Repository for bootanimation.zips and magisk modules

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycidias

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Why can't i find any pics/video of this?
@Wixcee No one has made a youtube video and u could just download the non magisk .zip files for just the bootanimation. Extract the .zip file and inspect the images yourself. Don't compress it and try to install that as your bootanimation. It won't work and just stick to the suggested methods to install it

I've attached a gif to this message.

Attachments

• Oneplus blue boot animation_Q.gif
    Oneplus blue boot animation_Q.gif
    298.7 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: Wixcee

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
I know it's been awhile but new update!
I've managed to reformat the original OOS 12 bootanimation from OP!
I'll release the magisk modules and bootanimation zips soon
Here's clips of both original and my custom blue one

Attachments

• Blue boot 490x1200.mp4
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Stock boot 490x1200.mp4
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanRebel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

This is a continuation from my previous thread as I've upgraded from a OP6T to a OP8 Pro.
    Here's the original thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/mod-boot-animation-blue-oneplus-boot-animation-for-oneplus-6t.4031823/

"I previously had the OnePlus 3, 6T and I upgraded to the 8 Pro. But from the OP3 I had the blue Oneplus Colette boot animation and I had a custom blue OP bootanimation from my 6T. I haven't found a viable replacement for my 8 Pro. So I have done it myself. I modified the boot animation to a medium blue (#0073ff). I hope you guys enjoy it."

Installation Method:
    This needs root. There's a extra step before installing the modules, check with a root file explorer where's your bootanimation.zip file is. It should be in system/product/media

1. This process requires root
    2. Download the chosen magisk module (OPstock or OPblue)
    3. Only choose the normal size not ENLARGED
    4. If you have magisk installed
    5. Go into magisk manager, magisk modules
    6. Install from storage
    7. Choose zip and flash
    8. Reboot and enjoy!
    Any feedback is welcome

Important
    • The boot animation has the old OnePlus logo. I don't have the 8/ 8 Pro, so I can't make one with the new logo :(
    • Don't extract the bootanimation.zip to change the desc.txt file! And install that as the new bootanimation! IT WON'T WORK! Best way to change the position of the boot animation using the "Bootanimations for superuser" app by JRummy which is in the Links section.
    • Grant root by going into settings -> installation directory -> press the 3 dots. This is the safest way to grant root other than installing another custom bootanimation...
    • If the boot animation is TOO small, there is a fix which is in the Issues section
    • From trying to help users, you cannot use the magisk modules or replace the bootanimation.zip to modify the bootanimation on OOS 12 + OOS 13
      • Due to the booatnimation.zip being in my_product/media/ on OOS 12/13, u can't edit that partition manually and the OOS 12/13 desc.txt format is different compared to AOSP
    • For stock OOS 12/13, there's a magisk module that supposedly could install a custom bootanimation, but I don't use OOS so I'm not sure if it'll work. But there's orangefox recovery which can be installed and remove the magisk module if anything goes wrong. The XDA thread to this modue is in the Link section below.

Issues
    If you got into any issues WITH THE INSTALLATION, just remove the magisk module.

If the position is wrong... Sorry for that as the desc/ positioning is set for the OP8 Pro. But all OP phones should have the same desc/ positioning as I have checked. If it is too small then it is your OS/ROM. This happened to me on Evolution X.

Method 1
    If the bootanimation from the magisk module is too small. No worries as there is a fix.
    2. Download the Enlarged OPBlue or OPStock module
    3. Go into magisk manager, magisk modules
    4. Install from storage
    5. Choose zip and flash
    6. Reboot and enjoy!

Method 2
    If you don't own a OP device or the positioning is still wrong then use this method.
    No worries as you can fix it yourself!

2. And as u have ROOT, go and find your original bootanimation.
    3. Copy and it to back it up into your internal storage and rename it with something like original_bootanimation.zip
    4. Go into the .zip file, open the desc.txt, find what are the numbers on the first line! Take a note of it!
    5. Then reinstall the magisk module
    6. After rebooting, install the Jrummy bootanimation app from the play store and it does need root. The link is in the LINKS section.
    7. Then go into manage current bootanimation and tweak the bootanimation to same the numbers as your original bootanimation first line in the desc.txt
    8. Reboot and check.
    If it went well then well done! U can stop here or continue. Up to you
    1. The new issues is that u should back up and tweak the magisk module, so that u got a copy of that bootanimation with that position and don't have to keep tweaking the bootanimation every time u switch to a ROM or phone.
    2. So, go into system and find the new bootanimation (still bootanimation.zip)
    3. Copy and paste to internal storage. Because u renamed the original bootanimation zip file, both zip files should be there and not replaced.
    4. Then extract the boot animation magisk module
    5. Go into system -> media
    6. Delete that bootanimation.zip file and copy + paste the one u just copied into internal storage
    7. Then go back till u have the module files and folders
    8. Select all and compress/archive them into a zip file
    9. Take a copy and backup that zip file! You now made ur own magisk module
    10. Now uninstall the bootanimation magisk module in magisk manager
    11. Reboot system and then install the magisk module u made
    12. Done, u got your own magisk module and can keep reusing it with the exact position u want
    Method 3
    If you're having issues installing both the magisk module and the bootanimation .zip files.
    1. The is a last resort, which is to install Boot Animations for Superuser app from the play store and it does need root. The link is in the LINKS section.
    2. Before going through with this way of installation, make sure u have a copy of the desc.txt files/values as we need them later on.
    3. Open the app
    4. Press the plus symbol
    5. Find the bootanimation.zip file u want to install
    6. Press install
    7. Once it has installed
    8. Go back to the home menu of the app
    9. Press plus symbol
    10. Choose manage current animation
    11. Using the saved copy of the desc.txt file, open the file
    12. Now change the width and height (only one of them as the other changes accordingly) to match the values in the desc.txt file
    13. Press apply
    14. Now reboot to check the bootanimation looks right
    15. Done, you now got your new bootanimation with the exact width and height
    You can go back and change the FPS, but idk if it'll work correctly. Also, u can go and find this modified bootanimation .zip file and use it for your own magisk module!

Links:
    This is the Bootanimations for superuser app by JRummy Here
    Boot/Shutdown Animation Injector for OOS 12/13 Link
    GitHub Repo Link

Enjoy :)
    I know it's been awhile but new update!
    I've managed to reformat the original OOS 12 bootanimation from OP!
    I'll release the magisk modules and bootanimation zips soon
    Here's clips of both original and my custom blue one
    Updates
    • 27/10/21 - I have created a Magisk module for this and it works great in my experience
    • Ps. the desc/prefs are set for the OP8 Pro!
      • I have also renamed the files and put [MAGISK], to make it obvs that these are magisk modules and people don't flash the actual boot animation!
      • I have now attached magisk modules and just bootanimation zip files for:
      • Stock OP boot animation (Both animations and magisk module)
        • Blue OP bootanimation (Both animations and magisk module)
        • Blue OP bootanimation Enlarged if the blue OP animation is too small/doesn't match the OP boot icon when u first boot ur device
      • I have added a additional method in issues section for users who've been unable to install the bootanimation for both magisk module and manually changing it in system/media
    • 9/11/21 - I have attached the new Stock OP boot animation Enlarged if the Stock OP animation is too small/doesn't match the OP boot icon when u first boot ur device
    • 15/11/22 - I have finally managed to get the bootanimation.zip file of the new OP bootanimation for Android 12!
      • From testing OP has messed up the bootanimation and the whole file needs reformatting
      • I removed the attached the original .zip file of just the bootanimation due to issues
      • I will upload a blue version zip file and the magisk mods for both bootanimations
      • OOS 12 doesn't allow users with root to mod bootanimation
    • 16/11/22 - Managed to reformat bootanimation frames to 450x1100
      • From my experience, 490x1200 looks better as it matches the bootloader logo
      • Posted bootanimation and magisk mod zips for new OOS 12 bootanimations
    • 28/1/23 - Found a XDA thread for a magisk module that could install a custom bootanimation for Stock OOS 12/13
    • 26/1/24 - Created GitHub Repository for bootanimation.zips and magisk modules
    Why can't i find any pics/video of this?
    @Wixcee No one has made a youtube video and u could just download the non magisk .zip files for just the bootanimation. Extract the .zip file and inspect the images yourself. Don't compress it and try to install that as your bootanimation. It won't work and just stick to the suggested methods to install it

I've attached a gif to this message.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work on OnePlus 8T Android 13. I used it on A12 and it worked fine, but the A13 update ruined it.
    Idk if you're talking about OOS 12 or 13, but for that it wouldn't work... For custom ROM/AOSP, it should work
    But there's a magisk module that could install a custom bootanimation for OOS 12/13.