• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MOD[Camera] Less Aggressive Sharpening | Noise Reduction

Search This thread

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
I've modified the calibration on the g5+ I've reduced noise reduction strength by using the calibration from the Google pixel also disabled luminance noise reduction left only color so image maybe a lil grainy.

In the chromatix libs I've disabled
Adaptive Bayer Filter - Blurs the image
ASF 5*5 7*7 9*9 - Sharpness the image
Chroma Suppression
CAC

To copy libs use Solid Explorer to copy the libchromatix to /system/vendor/lib/

The libmm lib also goes in the same vendor lib folder

Use Case Test it in low light it Bins the sensor in sum mode to collect more light by merging pixel charges but because binned the image res is reduced to to 2016 x 1512

I would backup your stock files before copying new ones happy testing
IMG_20170510_075835401_HDR by defcomk, on Flickr

IMG_20170510_075756537_HDR by defcomk, on Flickr

Last edited:

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
OK, so, in DU and stock, moto camera get a max image size of 2 mpx... Google camera works ok in resolution terms.

you probably did

Use Case Test it in low light it Bins the sensor in sum mode to collect more light by merging pixel charges but because binned the image res is reduced to to 2016 x 1512

this is to be used in low light it increases sensor sensitivity by binning

only chromatix file are needed to fix sharpness and nr

sharan.nyn

May 16, 2012
Kerala
Xiaomi Poco F3
Made a few scripts to inject these files without rebooting.
I don't know why but it returns a lot of errors messages but it works nonetheless :D
I have added shortcuts of these scripts using FX file manager. So I can enable and disable these mods from a tap.

Attachments

• CameraMod.zip
    299.2 KB · Views: 781

aki_007

Jan 4, 2014
New delhi
Made a few scripts to inject these files without rebooting.
I don't know why but it returns a lot of errors messages but it works nonetheless :D
I have added shortcuts of these scripts using FX file manager. So I can enable and disable these mods from a tap.
Can you please post comparison photos with mod applied and without mod

X-Tsubasa

Jul 26, 2014
Johor
I've modified the calibration on the g5+ I've reduced noise reduction strength by using the calibration from the Google pixel also disabled luminance noise reduction left only color so image maybe a lil grainy.

Chroma Suppression
CAC

Sound interesting. Can u show how do calibrate that, or maybe edit?

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
Sound interesting. Can u show how do calibrate that, or maybe edit?
Maybe in the weekend I will post a how to. I use Hex Workshop and manually map all the values I've mapped CPP fully 3A Partially ISP only important bits related to sharpening and blurring from there I can disable PR adjust strength I usually just disable them as the images work better for post processing applying filters etc

srb-

May 6, 2017
Maybe in the weekend I will post a how to. I use Hex Workshop and manually map all the values I've mapped CPP fully 3A Partially ISP only important bits related to sharpening and blurring from there I can disable PR adjust strength I usually just disable them as the images work better for post processing applying filters etc

Definitely post a How-To - those photos look superb!

p.s. Does this require a ROM? Or would rooted Stock do? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Chroma Suppression
    CAC

Now we need an app to toggle back and forth with ease! Or a Tasker routine. I wish I knew how to do it.

What about a magisk Module? Hit thanks if helped you ;)
    Also, here you have a flashable zip if you don't care... This one is without libmm.
    Moto G5+ being a relatively popular phone -- and considering it has a good camera sensor, pictures of which are only downgraded in quality due to bad processing, why don't we see a more organized effort to create a solid mod from the community to fix it?

The only way forward is HDR+ that's what I use don't use stock anymore
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BauzLiEhHrH/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BasNb7vBO6P/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BasOrYhh65r/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BavN8RXhLdI/

Some HDR+ shots
    Various comparisons with/without modded libs

Stock LIb vs Chromatix (excluding Libmm binned version) :
    1. Stock :
    IMG_20170516_211047439_s_1.jpg

2.With Chromatix :
    View attachment 4151845

With and without Binned lib (libmm )

1.with stock libmm
    IMG_20170516_201846913_c.jpg

2.with binned libmmIMG_20170516_202703193_m.jpg

Note : Use Libmm only when in very low light conditions , else chromatix libs replacement is enough .

Also the effects of chromatix + Libmm is quite visual only in low light conditions .