[MOD][Camera][Lib] Front Camera HDR+ Fix

Search This thread

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
Last edited:

rrusl1

Dec 5, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Im already making an backup , ill give my feedback after install! thank you for your work in advance !!!!

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Im already making an backup , ill give my feedback after install! thank you for your work in advance !!!!

i mae an backup , then wiped cache/dalvik - then installed gcam , then fix ,- reboot

Fix woked , but HDR+ is working only when portrait mode is on , and photos are very "Blured" , but still its amazing progresss , thank you very much for this !!!!

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Ok , for all front cam features working u will need :

1.This vers of gcam https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog40/

2.Those settings -
VwMAnbs.jpg
fdjR8gJ.jpg

Last edited:

rdNNNN

Dec 21, 2014
@defcomg

It's good to have you working a little for our device. Thanks for the impressive work!

Since you seem to be the only dev with deep knowledge on android camera libs, I would like to hear your opinion on this issue.
Camera2 API Bugs
It has been reported counteless times, I've myself tweeted oneplus and carl pei about the issue, but nothing official ever came out.

There are two big issues right now. The crash described in that post under certain conditions (which also makes Gcam crash wheen shooting bright light using some of the hdr+ enhanced profiles;
The second one actually brokes the third party manual camera experience. IF you shoot under camera2 api using full auto, photos will come right (as gcam can do), even when using ISO above 799 (auto picked from software). Once you try manual controls, iso inputs above 799 will be the same as 799. What does it mean? We actually can't use a third party camera like filmic pro or cinema4k under low light settings or we can't use more advanced photo cams, like camera fv-5, to shoot low light with manual controls (which have some extras that stock cam lacks like the intervalometer).

Let me say again. Don't read this as a request. We just would love to have a word if it can be easily fixable, or even fixable, by someone who might have the time to spend.
Thanks again, and sorry for the little off-topic.

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
@defcomg

It's good to have you working a little for our device. Thanks for the impressive work!

Since you seem to be the only dev with deep knowledge on android camera libs, I would like to hear your opinion on this issue.
Camera2 API Bugs
It has been reported counteless times, I've myself tweeted oneplus and carl pei about the issue, but nothing official ever came out.

There are two big issues right now. The crash described in that post under certain conditions (which also makes Gcam crash wheen shooting bright light using some of the hdr+ enhanced profiles;
The second one actually brokes the third party manual camera experience. IF you shoot under camera2 api using full auto, photos will come right (as gcam can do), even when using ISO above 799 (auto picked from software). Once you try manual controls, iso inputs above 799 will be the same as 799. What does it mean? We actually can't use a third party camera like filmic pro or cinema4k under low light settings or we can't use more advanced photo cams, like camera fv-5, to shoot low light with manual controls (which have some extras that stock cam lacks like the intervalometer).

Let me say again. Don't read this as a request. We just would love to have a word if it can be easily fixable, or even fixable, by someone who might have the time to spend.
Thanks again, and sorry for the little off-topic.

Hmm this might need logs but you can do this
Add these to build.prop

persist.camera.cafscan=5 persist.camera.hal.debug=5 persist.camera.q3a.debug=5 persist.camera.sensor.debug=5 persist.camera.stats.aec.debug=5 persist.camera.stats.q3a.debug=5

Reboot

Download Terminal Emulator from playstore

Type su
Then Type dumpsys media.camera > /sdcard/opcam.txt

Then from /vendor/lib/libmmcamera_imx298**.so

Attach those files as well logcat after using the camera with described I'll see I can do anything

Dedojyoti

May 3, 2017
Working nice.best work.only 1 issue that the front portrait pic is good but the person face is not so clear in pic.

Hubaqu

Feb 24, 2012
Madeira
Google Pixel 7
Test Fix for the Op5/5T

FRONTCAM_PORTRAIT_FIX_OP5T.zip - Magisk

Hi, as reported getting the purple tint when taking pictures on front cam with or without HDR+.
Here I send you the logs when entering the app and taking a pic with HDR+ on.
Apk Used: MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2e.apk

I send 2 pics to show HDR+ is actually working.

Attachments

• photo_2018-01-30_10-39-11.jpg
    photo_2018-01-30_10-39-11.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 629
  • withHDR+.jpg
    withHDR+.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 630
  • withoutHDR+.jpg
    withoutHDR+.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 633
  • Test_Logs.zip
    38.5 KB · Views: 13