[MOD] Camera mod v2. Improve 4K 2160p birate, 1080p 60fps and camera compression

Search This thread

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Auckland
techtablets.com
This mod is like the G2 camera mods. Same concept. The 4k video on the G3 is great, however when recording water or the sky you do notice that the birate could be better. 30mbps is ok, but not on a UHD or 4k monitor or TV. Its set by LG to keep the file size down of course and maybe due to micro sdcard IO speeds. But a quick media_profile.xml edit and this can remedy the pixelation due to low bit rate. Going past 40mbs might cause stutter. I'm testing higher birates.

The experienced user can do this themselves of course, simple media_profile edits. But this is aimed at people that don't want to risk editing the media_profile.xml or new to this and what the easy path.

How to apply:

Unzip and replace the attached media_profile.xml with the included one to system/etc overwrite it and reboot. (Use root explorer or any good root file manager) Tested and working on my G3. I have also set JPEG quality to 100% on all modes. This gives a very slight improvement to photos and a minor file size increase (~5%)

Changes:
Version 1
Bitrate on 4K videos increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
Photo jpeg quality compression set to 100

Version 2:
Replaces the default 1080p 30fps to 1080p 60fps @ 30mbps

Download:

Camera mod v1

Camera mod v2

Last edited:

jms.flynn

Jul 10, 2008
Not sure if this is possible or not. I have been using this mod and pictures do look great and the bit rate is noticeably better.

One thing I would love is to be able to record 1080p videos at 24fps. I loved the look and feel it gave my videos on my lumia 1020.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod is like the G2 camera mods. Same concept. The 4k video on the G3 is great, however when recording water or the sky you do notice that the birate could be better. 30mbps is ok, but not on a UHD or 4k monitor or TV. Its set by LG to keep the file size down of course and maybe due to micro sdcard IO speeds. But a quick media_profile.xml edit and this can remedy the pixelation due to low bit rate. Going past 40mbs might cause stutter. I'm testing higher birates.

The experienced user can do this themselves of course, simple media_profile edits. But this is aimed at people that don't want to risk editing the media_profile.xml or new to this and what the easy path.

How to apply:

Unzip and replace the attached media_profile.xml with the included one to system/etc overwrite it and reboot. (Use root explorer or any good root file manager) Tested and working on my G3. I have also set JPEG quality to 100% on all modes. This gives a very slight improvement to photos and a minor file size increase (~5%)

Changes:
    Version 1
    Bitrate on 4K videos increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
    Photo jpeg quality compression set to 100

Version 2:
    Replaces the default 1080p 30fps to 1080p 60fps @ 30mbps

Download:

Camera mod v1

Camera mod v2
    Sample video with 40mbs Download
    Hope you Don't mind if I come up with another mod with the modded camera apk and different stuffs..
    1. Stock Camera apk.
    2. the whole framework folder.
    3. Media profiles.xml
    4. Mixer_path.xml

Thats all for now..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Here you go:

Framework
    Camera APK and xmls
    Hope you Don't mind if I come up with another mod with the modded camera apk and different stuffs..

we don't mind for sure...glad to see you here
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone