• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MOD]Camera NX V7.4, Google Camera with Pixel features for Nexus2015

Search This thread
I'm also getting this problem!! I'm running stock Android 8.1 rooted with magisk 15.2. I've tried reinstalling the app and fiddling with the settings with no luck :/
Are you running a Pixel mod? Some of them mess things up, especially the ones which edit the build.prop. Its not needed at all to run the Pixel launcher, round icons, wallpapers, any of those things.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 17embrya

17embrya

Jan 16, 2017
Are you running a Pixel mod? Some of them mess things up, especially the ones which edit the build.prop. Its not needed at all to run the Pixel launcher, round icons, wallpapers, any of those things.
Ahhhh yes I modifed the build.prop in order to get the AR stickers working before Charles_I uploaded a method for Camera NX. I'll try fixing it and report back, thanks!

EDIT: Success! Restoring the build.prop file to stock made portrait mode work immediately! Thanks a bunch

Last edited:
Reactions: hartleyshc

samecin

May 29, 2012
Windsor
WOW.... I don't need to buy Pixel 2 now.
Works Great on my N6P with Stock 8.1 Dec-2017 Security patch.
Now my N6P can take great picture as Pixel 2 including Portrait.

Thanks man.

Reactions: clshores

Skulltec

Nov 2, 2013
for the people with issues on android 7.x is probably because you are running 7.x, i believe i read somewhere you need to have android 8.x to use latest nx cam

iaTa

Oct 2, 2013
Google Pixel XL
OnePlus 7 Pro

I edited my build.prop to enable Google Lens in Assistant. When I revert to stock I lose that functionality.

Do you know if there is any way to get both assistant lens and portrait working simultaneously? These are my build.prop edits:

ro.product.model=Pixel 2 XL
ro.product.brand=Google
ro.product.manufacturer=Google
ro.opa.eligible_device=true

Last edited:
I edited my build.prop to enable Google Lens in Assistant. When I revert to stock I lose that functionality.

Do you know if there is any way to get both assistant lens and portrait working simultaneously? These are my build.prop edits:

ro.product.brand=Google

**** EDIT:Sorry, I didn't read lens on assistant. That mod only enables assistant in the photos app.

Sorry, I don't know how to resolve that issue. But I'll look into it. ****

I use this mod:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3724502

It doesn't edit the build.prop yet has lens functionality. It also uses full quality on the photos app (which I'm aware isn't real, but I pay for extra Google drive storage, so I would save at full quality anyways).

I haven't looked into it enough to see how to get lens without a build.prop edit, but I know this works.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rpiton

Sep 9, 2009
São Paulo
Is the "low quality raw capture" solved???
Nexus 6p on stock oreo 8.1.

The raw file before had a much worse quality compared to the regular jpeg file.

Is the bug resolved on 7.3.1??

Charles_l

Oct 24, 2010
chromloop.com
Yep: "There was a problem parsing the package." I'm running Pure Nexus on N6P.

Yes, i am having this issue on 7.1.2, Pure Nexus on 6P

Not this device related,i am on Htc u 11,android 7.1.1,and can not install 7.3.1 versions,parsing error,writing because u wonder will portrait work on N,and yes it does work,Arnova posted version that rear cam portrait mode is working here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/themes/app-collection-camera-modded-t3591177/post75047174

Sorry, my fault, I built the apk before changing the API level... new apk is uploaded.
ZSL version ( Android 7.1.2 ): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617956177

ScOULaris

Mar 30, 2012
Hello. I noticed that the camera stops auto focusing once a tap to manual focus is done. I need to either exit the app or enter the Settings page for auto focus to work again. Is this normal? Thanks. :)

By the way, very nice work on ZSL and the portrait mode. Thanks. :)
Just tested this on 7.3.1 running on my Nexus 6P (8.1), and regardless of whether motion is turned on or off the camera stops auto focusing after manual focusing.

Is that intended behavior?

Gonna install the ZSL version and see if the problem persists there.

UPDATE: Nevermind. Looks like this is listed as a bug for both versions on the downloads page. Hopefully it'll get fixed in a future release, but it's really not that big of a deal as is. I wouldn't have noticed it if someone in this thread hadn't pointed it out.

Last edited:

ro.product.brand=Google

Alright. I have figured out how you can have both.

Only change/add these two lines:

After doing only those two, I'm still able to have Camera NX 7.3.1 ZSL-Enhanced do portrait mode, motion stills, HDR, etc. And I'm also able to have lens work from assistant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Boskoel03

Nov 20, 2010
Vienna,Belgrade
Sorry, my fault, I built the apk before changing the API level... new apk is uploaded.
ZSL version ( Android 7.1.2 ): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617956177
Now i can install app but it fc on start,can't open it at all,sorry i know logs are required,but im stock now and no working comouter near me at the momment. U quoted me,but to remind u,Htc U11 with 7.1.1 here. Huge thanks for ur work and effort :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello N6P users, I succeed in getting the ZSL HDR+ works on Nexus 5X, as Nexus 6P has the same camera hardware and better SoC, I'd like to ask someone test my mod, to see if the function works.

What's ZSL HDR+?
    ZSL = zero shooting lag, means you won't get camera freeze after taking a HDR+ auto shoot. it is build-in the Google Camera 4.2 and only works on Pixel phones, now I force the app using Pixel configuration, it should perform the same ZSL HDR+ shooting on Nexus 6P.
    Details about the ZSL HDR+.

ZSL-enhanced For 8.0+ only, ZSL HDR+ For 7.1.1+ only, Android 7.0 users please use NoZSL version.
    APK was signed by ZipSign using my own signature, it won't replace your default camera app, it will install as a normal app, with a different camera icon.

Last Update

03/24/2018 V7.4
    Base on Google Camera 5.2
    1. Bring back HDR+ on Nexus 5X/6P.
    2. Add Lens Blur mode.
    3. EIS should be back to normal on Pixel 1, as EIS will be disabled with 4K quality with official version.
    4. Active Google photos combination to view results again on enhanced version.
    Details and download link for V7.4

01/02/2018 V7.3.1
    Bug fix version
    1. Fix abort HDR+ process FC problem.
    2. Fix viewfinder flickering issue.
    3. Add ZSL version for Android 7.1+, the previous one should be ZSL-enhanced version.
    Bugs:
    1. smart-burst always mark the first photo (ZSL-enhanced version).
    2. Autofocus won't work after manually focus, need lock then unlock the AF/AE lock.

12/31/2017 V7.3
    Current the new version is only for Android 8.0+, will release the updated version for Android 7.0.
    1. Add the most wanted feature, Portrait mode (use Pixel 2's front lens software method, it needs a human face shows up to work.).
    2. Remove silence feedback service, crash report service, and the broken Help menu, for faster app launch.
    3. Remove Google photos combination, motion photo still works but you need to view it through Google photos manually.
    I have named it wrong and this one should be the ZSL-enhanced version, sorry for the wrong package errors on Android 7.1.2 :eek:
    Details and download link for V7.3.1

11/06/2017 V7.2.0
    This is bug fix version, not only for Pixel 2016, everyone who is using enhanced version should grab this update.
    1. Fix crash issue on Pixel 2016.
    2. Fix provider author name mistake leads to a thumbnail generation issue.
    3. Motion pictures should be saved with a file name "MVIMG-####-##" right now, it became "IMG-####-##" in V7.1 version, which was wrong, this might mess the G photos when index media files.
    Enhanced version users should get the experimental2017 library now.
    Sorry, after some more test it seems experimental2017 is not necessary, just install the new version it will be ok.
    About the Lens photo editor, it will be available after the picture upload to Google cloud.

10/19/2017 V7.1.0
    1. Based on the last Google Camera 5.1.014, add Pixel 2016 phones support (need test).
    2. Video 60FPS mode with EIS FC bug Fixed.
    3. Motion photos for Pixel 2016 phones.
    4. Micro video (Motion photos) EIS use gyro sensor enabled for Pixel (it was only activated on Pixel XL), need feedback.
    5. Update icon support adapted icon and regular icon.
    6. Disable Motion photos and G-photo integration for Android 7.1.
    -- Now there is a new ZSL-enhanced version for Motion photos, G-photos combine, diet smart-burst on Android 8.x.
    -- NOZSL and ZSL version will perform the old way while added new face retouching.
    -- Bugs: after shooting photos, review it and you will see a black screen, need to wait for HDR+ process, I don't know it is normal or just hardware limited.
    Details and download link for V7.2 / V7.1 (All version)

Useful links
    Custom Rom Black Screen Issue Fix:
    Please use the http://opengapps.org/ Open Gapps "Stock" Option or above. Or you can find the fix in N5X thread(See below).
    * 60FPS video recording succeed with @defcomg 's mod.
    Unlock 60FPS with this mod: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70748865&postcount=161
    More Details of this mod, please go to the Nexus 5X thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/themes-apps/mod-google-camera-4-2-nexus-5x-android-t3477980

Donation support
    If you like my work, feel free to buy me a coffee, https://www.paypal.me/chromloop . :highfive:

Donation list::highfive:
    Jeffrey Dubinsky
    Jorge Ciprian
    Peter P Pizzimenti
    V7.4 Update is out.

Base on Google Camera 5.2
    1. Bring back HDR+ on Nexus 5X/6P.
    2. Add Lens Blur mode.
    3. EIS should be back to normal on Pixel 1, as EIS will be disabled with 4K quality with official version.
    4. Active Google photos combination to view results again on enhanced version.
    Details and download link for V7.4
    So I tried this out for the first time recently on my 6P, and there was one issue that kept me from leaving my stock Google Camera app for this one. In the stock app when I take an HDR picture, I can see the picture as it's being processed. In this app I only see black until the processing is complete. When taking multiple pictures the problem is exacerbated, naturally, as I find myself staring at numerous black screens for quite a while as they each process.

Is this the behavior of the app on Pixel devices, or is it just how the modded APK performs on non-Pixel devices like the 6P?

Black screen bug could be fixed with a complicated method, which I don't suggest, it needs platform signature for the app to wake up google photo service.

New version V7.3 won't have that issue as it disabled G-photos combination. get it here.

https://chromloop.com/2017/12/apk-enable-portrait-mode-nexus-5x6p-og-pixel-phone-google-camera-mod/
    Can't wait for an update to GC 5.3!

Coming.
    :)
    Sorry for let you guys wait for a long time, Gcam 5.3 drops support for Nexus phones totally(HDR+ profile, common functions), I managed to make it works only in limited JPEG mode, but things does not go through with old method.

Now I have a thought that maybe it will work with Pie, as custom Pie rom for Nexus 5X was out, I will give it a try.