[MOD] Change power-on logo (splash logo)

Search This thread

androcheck

Dec 7, 2009
john.zweng.at
Edit: Thanks to @GokulNC now there is a tool to create custom splash images (boot logo) for the LePro 3 (LEX720 and LEX727).

If you want to create a new splash logo (power-on screen) first head over to GokulNC's thread here for the HOWTO::
[GUIDE] How to Create Splash Screen (Boot Logo) for Le Pro3
If you like it and want to share, feel free to post your work in this thread here! :)

GokulNC's tool allows you to change the power-on screen for:
  • normal boot (the LePro 3 has three images which will be displayed alternately)
  • recovery
  • fastboot
  • charging mode

For reference: the images get displayed by the bootloader (aboot) and are stored in the following partition:
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash
# which is a symlink to:
/dev/block/sde32

The data contained in this partition will be owerwritten when you install a LeEco stock image (it's the file "splash.img" contained in any stock image download like LE_ZL1_LEX720-CN-FN-WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S.zip), so the splash logo gets resetted when you flash back a full stock system image. So don't worry if you change the logos, after a full system re-flash they will be restored to stock. You can also always just flash the "splash.img" from any stock ROM to restore the original boot logos (see posting #7 down below for original Logos from LEX720).

Thanks and Credit to:
  • @GokulNC for his splash maker tool
  • Google for making Android and the logo

Last edited:

androcheck

Dec 7, 2009
john.zweng.at
@androcheck Okay, but the splash.img of the Redmi Note 3 is subject to a constraint of size 75kB.
This doesn't have to apply for your device..

Maybe if you could send your original splash.img, I'll create a tool for you..
Hi! Thanks for dropping by!
Peter-C has already posted the original splash.img. I looked into his rar file and it's the same file (same sha1sum) as in the last stock firmware download (LE_ZL1_LEX720-CN-FN-WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S.zip).

If you could look into it this would be great! :)

GokulNC

Jan 10, 2015
Chennai
github.com
Can you try this? This is original EUI splash screen. Thanks

Peter-C has already posted the original splash.img. I looked into his rar file and it's the same file (same sha1sum) as in the last stock firmware download (LE_ZL1_LEX720-CN-FN-WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S.zip).

It's done :)
I created a new thread to explain things..

Please check if this works properly..
And, remove the reference to Redmi Note 3 splash.img link in the OP, that's highly misleading for your device.

Also, use this thread to post & share the splash screens that you or others have made ;)

Last edited:

androcheck

Dec 7, 2009
john.zweng.at
I also made a splash.img with the Google Pixel power on-screen and also slighlty modified the "fastboot" and "recovery" screen (of my chinese LePro 3). See the images attached.

Simply install the zip file with TWRP.

Attachments

• logo1.png
    logo1.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,018
  • fastboot.png
    fastboot.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,028
  • recovery.png
    recovery.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,028
  • battery.png
    battery.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,977
  • flashasble_zip_lepro3_google_bootscreen.zip
    391.9 KB · Views: 831
  • lex720_splash_logo_google.jpg
    lex720_splash_logo_google.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1,961
Last edited:

androcheck

Dec 7, 2009
john.zweng.at
Attached you will find the unmodified original splash.img as a TWRP-flashable zip file, exactly as it is contained in the chinese LEX720 WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S stock system image.
Use this to revert the boot image to stock (I don't know if the US version has different logos).

Attachments

• logo1.png
    logo1.png
    50 KB · Views: 1,770
  • logo2.png
    logo2.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,750
  • logo3.png
    logo3.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,742
  • fastboot.png
    fastboot.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,604
  • recovery.png
    recovery.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,574
  • battery.png
    battery.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,542
  • flashasble_zip_LE_PRO3_STOCK_BOOTSCREEN_LEX720_chinese_version_5.8.018S.zip
    446.3 KB · Views: 310

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
I also made a splash.img with the Google Pixel power on-screen and also slighlty modified the "fastboot" and "recovery" screen (of my chinese LePro 3). See the images attached.

Can u replace the first image with leeco logo screen like the one in attachment (black background) and make a flashable zip file?

Attachments

• leeco-logo.jpg
    leeco-logo.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 627
Reactions: harsh_hk

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
My bootlogo for Lex720

Hi! Thanks a lot for that opportunity and hints! Here's my bootlogo for Lex720 (my phone), titled "Chinese warrior", just in touch with this phone! :D
It isn't my drawing, I found the central image on the web time ago and saved it to reutilize in cases like this! :D
Have added the LeEco logos and the 821 Qualcomm cpu logo... enjoy!
The demo image here is in low res, in the bootlogo it is in full HD.

Attachments

• flashable_splash.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 143
Reactions: bayad

DrMyrkurs

Jul 30, 2018
Edit: Thanks to @GokulNC now there is a tool to create custom splash images (boot logo) for the LePro 3 (LEX720 and LEX727).

If you want to create a new splash logo (power-on screen) first head over to GokulNC's thread here for the HOWTO::
If you like it and want to share, feel free to post your work in this thread here! :)

• normal boot (the LePro 3 has three images which will be displayed alternately)
  • recovery
  • fastboot
  • charging mode

For reference: the images get displayed by the bootloader (aboot) and are stored in the following partition:
Code:
# which is a symlink to:
/dev/block/sde32

The data contained in this partition will be owerwritten when you install a LeEco stock image (it's the file "splash.img" contained in any stock image download like LE_ZL1_LEX720-CN-FN-WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S.zip), so the splash logo gets resetted when you flash back a full stock system image. So don't worry if you change the logos, after a full system re-flash they will be restored to stock. You can also always just flash the "splash.img" from any stock ROM to restore the original boot logos (see posting #7 down below for original Logos from LEX720).

Thanks and Credit to:

Hello, I'm a x727 owner and I've noticed that the USA model has a different splash screen. I had lost it during the flash of the FlymeOS rom and my TWRP backup and the 21s x727 backup from XDA didn't returned it. So, anybody here has the stock x727 USA model's splash? (FYI: It's the same as the x720 but all in English).

Bye

PS: English isn't my main language and I'm sorry if I sounded rude, it wasn't my intention.

Edit: I've found it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/le...eco-le-pro-3-x727-stock-t3659331/post73465359
(The file needs some fixing, but it works. I'll post the fixed version later).
Edit 2: Here's the fixed version link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zqd2...o_3_By_JeryCruz_-_FIXED_by_DrMyrkurs.zip/file

Last edited:

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Hello, I'm a x727 owner and I've noticed that the USA model has a different splash screen. I had lost it during the flash of the FlymeOS rom and my TWRP backup and the 21s x727 backup from XDA didn't returned it. So, anybody here has the stock x727 USA model's splash? (FYI: It's the same as the x720 but all in English).

Bye

PS: English isn't my main language and I'm sorry if I sounded rude, it wasn't my intention.

I have a link to several splash screens and boot animations on the bottom of my recovery post page.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75021582

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• recovery
    • fastboot
    • charging mode

Code:
    # which is a symlink to:
    /dev/block/sde32

Thanks and Credit to:
    Can you try this? This is original EUI splash screen. Thanks

It's done :)
    I created a new thread to explain things..

Please check if this works properly..
    And, remove the reference to Redmi Note 3 splash.img link in the OP, that's highly misleading for your device.

Also, use this thread to post & share the splash screens that you or others have made ;)
    Attached you will find the unmodified original splash.img as a TWRP-flashable zip file, exactly as it is contained in the chinese LEX720 WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S stock system image.
    Use this to revert the boot image to stock (I don't know if the US version has different logos).
    @androcheck Okay, but the splash.img of the Redmi Note 3 is subject to a constraint of size 75kB.
    This doesn't have to apply for your device..

Maybe if you could send your original splash.img, I'll create a tool for you..
    Hi! Thanks for dropping by!

If you could look into it this would be great! :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone