Deleted member 2747343

Created by : Jishnu Sur

Tested and working on this rom

V1.
1080P Video @ 20Mb/s
720P Video @ 20Mb/s

JPEG Quality 100%
High-Medium-Low quality = 100%

Auto ISO In camera will max out to 1200 instead of 1600 now. Switched off denoise! and switched on Touch Contrast..
Sound Recording quality Increased to 196000Kb/s.

Flash the zip below in recovery and enjoy!

Trev420

Jul 30, 2010
Im SUPER excited that there is some one working on this. I have never been impressed with the CM camera (stock or focal) and always wished it was on par with the TW camera.

That being said, I'll download this and give it a try soon.

Thanks!

Reactions: DSDONE

gdmlaz

Jul 16, 2010
Miami
Am I the only one that notices that the stock cm gallery is like 2 zoomed in even when is zoomed out all the way...... Even if you download an app from the market it doesn't show that is so zoomed in...... Couldn't this be what's messing up the quality of the pictures since is way 2 zoomed in even when you zoom it out as much as you can ????

Reactions: arthurgreeeen

reddragon022

Feb 20, 2009
Im SUPER excited that there is some one working on this. I have never been impressed with the CM camera (stock or focal) and always wished it was on par with the TW camera.

Thanks!

Same here. . Only reason why I keep going back to TW roms cause of the camera. Whenever I use cm/aokp/etc, something always happens to where I have to use the camera and the quality isn't that good :(.

KCRic

Aug 4, 2010
Overland Park
I wasn't saying the libs, but the media_profile.
I know the libs wouldn't work.
The media_profile.xml doesn't really do what you think it does. It's not what controls the quality of audio/video/photos.

That my friend, is done in the .apk or the kernel depending on the type of ROM. In AOSP, it's mostly kernel controlled vs TW which can be adjusted when you decompile the apk. I can take the TW camera up to 30Mbps on 1080p though it's pointless.

OP, why not take the audio bitrate to 320kbps? Would be much better and the phone can handle it. Also, what's the sampling rate? 44.1 or 48? Lastly, do the increased bitrates apply to both cameras or just the back camera?

If you need any help with this, PM me. I did a TW mod like this but would like to help in any way I can on this.

D

Deleted member 2747343

The media_profile.xml doesn't really do what you think it does. It's not what controls the quality of audio/video/photos.

That my friend, is done in the .apk or the kernel depending on the type of ROM. In AOSP, it's mostly kernel controlled vs TW which can be adjusted when you decompile the apk. I can take the TW camera up to 30Mbps on 1080p though it's pointless.

OP, why not take the audio bitrate to 320kbps? Would be much better and the phone can handle it. Also, what's the sampling rate? 44.1 or 48? Lastly, do the increased bitrates apply to both cameras or just the back camera?

If you need any help with this, PM me. I did a TW mod like this but would like to help in any way I can on this.

if you can make a better mod make it m8 ill add it to the op

SnoopyDog

Sep 27, 2008
Close to Nuremberg
Where do you see a password logger? I only see 2 .so files for the camera and the media_profile.xml ...

On my S4, the video camera does not work constant. In dark rooms, it still records with 16.666Hz@1080p and on bright szenes, it uses 30Hz@1080p with this patch. The only ROM where i got a constant 30 fps in all situations is the original one from Samsung.

Sent from my GT-i9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I can use this mod on kitkat 4.42? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Mr-H

Oct 13, 2009
not work on the CM of 08 september14
Stay on application launch after Wipe cache and Wipe dalvik cache

Sorry for my bad english...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2747343
    Created by : Jishnu Sur

Tested and working on this rom

V1.
    1080P Video @ 20Mb/s
    720P Video @ 20Mb/s

JPEG Quality 100%
    High-Medium-Low quality = 100%

Auto ISO In camera will max out to 1200 instead of 1600 now. Switched off denoise! and switched on Touch Contrast..
    Sound Recording quality Increased to 196000Kb/s.

Flash the zip below in recovery and enjoy!
    I wasn't saying the libs, but the media_profile.
    I know the libs wouldn't work.

To get the best quality, wouldn't it be best to take the values from a touchwiz rom? Am I wrong?

Using yours, the pictures look like this

and here is what it looks like using touchwiz default media_profiles.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?96e4gkjhaqatbng
    not work on the CM of 08 september14
    Stay on application launch after Wipe cache and Wipe dalvik cache

Sorry for my bad english...

Because it hasn't been updated in almost a year. Current cm11 is 4.4.4 this is probably from 4.4

Thanks!

Same here. . Only reason why I keep going back to TW roms cause of the camera. Whenever I use cm/aokp/etc, something always happens to where I have to use the camera and the quality isn't that good :(.