[MOD][CM7][Update] Custom Carrier Name

Search This thread

iamcanadian

Apr 6, 2008
Hello,

multiupload.com does not work any longer... Can someone provide a mirror link please!

Thank you in advance...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: I can't support this anymore as I don't have i9000 anymore. As always flash it at your own risk.

Update: I hear this one works with I9000 latest nightlies, ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1368083). To restore original, you need copy from the I9000 CM7/Insanity zip file cmparts.apk, systemUI,apk and android.policy.jar and put them in the restore file i have linked to be safe.

This is a mod to enter custom carrier name on CM7 based roms ( nightly, Insanity etc). I used doixanh's mod for his GingerDX rom as the base for this mod, stripped out the extra features and implemented a fix for the custom carrier name to appear in notification bar in addition to the lockscreen.

I wanted to do this as some members like me only saw carrier numbers when using CM7 roms and not carrier names. CM7 doesn't use spn_conf.xml like MIUI does or look into eri.xml like CM6.1 used to. Now I can enter whatever i want :) If you leave it empty, it will default to what you saw before you applied this mod ( carrier number or whatever you saw).

Link:
    v1.1

v1.0

Installation is simple. just flash in CWM the zip file from above link. Once rebooted, in your settings->cyanogenmod settings you should see an additional category named Custom settings->custom carrier text. Here enter what you want, press done. Lockscreen takes effect immediately. Use the attached notification restart apk to restart your status bar and voila you should see it there as well.

Thanks to
    doixanh ( for his mod and knowledge sharing)
    ngiordano75 ( for lending a helping hand with android modding)
    tenthstone( for notification restart app)

Have fun with the mod!

Screenshots
    i'll try pushing them n will let u know..
    btw i need some clarification..i dont get carrier number as stated in the op i get the carrier name "Vodafone IN". I just want to change it...all the same?

yes. if you enter nothing you will see Vodafone IN, if you did, that will take precedence.
    thanks it worked...but i need to use my SystemUI.apk cos mine is and ldpi and urs in frm hdpi...
    wat change did u do to the systemui? so i can do that to mine and use that instead.

with the other changes i believe this is all you need to do.
    http://pastebin.com/rscGP1g3

and recompile systemui.apk. this only affects the status bar, you need my other stuff for lockscreen and this to take effect.

cheers
    Hi krarvind!

I tried your mod on NDT Ginger HD2 ROM, but nothing work!

I looking for a mod like this to display the carrier name on the status bar..
    Can you explain me how I make this?

Thank you very much!!!:)

This is only for the sgs o_O.
    For this to work on another phone you need to make the changes to the desired framework.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
    As far as I can tell this doesn't work on the latest nightly 181.

As i mentioned a couple of posts ago, don't have I9000 anymore and hence can 't guarantee it works. try the one from this thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1368083), this is for i9100 but should work as the policy.jar file should be common for them i think. Before flashing you should copy your cmparts.apk, systemUI.apk and android.policy.jar from 181 and put them ( replace whats there) in my restore.zip incase you want to restore your 181 original files. cheers