NOW AVAILABLE ON PLAY STORE
Download via PLAY STORE (Donate Link)
Download via XDA LABS
Changelog:
  • Bugs fix
  • Improve Mods

bowzQED.png

[ABOUT]
Complete One UI is a project try to improve the experience of One UI on Samsung Pie devices. Specifically, by using Substratum overlay to fix the UI to what majority of user think it should be and make it dark if Samsung didn't. And also making One UI look more consistent by providing icon pack follow One UI style for more apps - here.

Here is Complete One UI telegram group. It is fun here =))
https://t.me/joinchat/IVyxzw8OttVkIEMLHhO__w

[DONATE]
Thanks for your all encouragement and donation. This is just such a great motivation for me to keep this project better and better.
DONATE via PAYPAL

[WARNING]
This project mainly for official Samsung Pie devices (for now are S9, S9+). So these mods may crash other devices. You could try but make sure you now how to uninstall these overlays.​

[MODs]
How to use?
  • [Recmmend] Install Substratum apk if you are familiar with it (you need andromeda to use Substratum on Samsung Pie)
  • If you don't want to involve with Substratum, install individual apk for each mod. Downside of this way is difficult to manage and uninstall mod overlays.

Attempt no.1: Dark Package Installer
Make a dark theme for Package Installer. Round the corners, buttons and bring the dialog to the bottom follow One UI style.

Warning again: This apk tested on S9 Pie. Not guarantee to work with others. This is just a simple Substratum Overlay, so if you want to be tester, maker sure you know how to uninstall if it does not work for your devices. You can read this post for help
Use "White Permission Icon" (android) mod to fix readability of icons

HzKS0Qc.jpg
7U8XI78.jpg
gKFKYQB.jpg
Jr9whX8.jpg

Attempt no.2: Samsung Keyboard bottom gap
For some reason from One UI beta 3, Samsung decide to add an empty space at the bottom of the keyboard while using gesture navigation.
Some people like it but I and someone didn't. You could avoid this issue by using other keyboard like Gboard or SwiftKey but I like Samsung keyboard so finally, this is the mod to remove that empty space.

Note: This can only use with gesture navigation mode. Navigation buttons mode won't work, it will remove your nav buttons.

For users who use Samsung Pay, use "RemoveKeyboardSpaceSpay" version. This will keep the Samsung Pay on your lock and home screen. The different between this version and the other is it still leaving a tiny space under the keyboard.

KAJvWxh.jpg
qYVeXlq.png

Attempt no.3: Dark Samsung Note
For now Samsung Notes had dark mode but not complete so let complete it.
The compose page cannot be theme because it is hard code.

7oS05ff.png
PKO2tOE.png

Attempt no.4: Black Nav Bar
This mod is so popular so I will re-direct it to another post - here
For short: use this on adb to get black nav bar

Code:
adb shell settings put global navigationbar_color -16777216
adb shell settings put global navigationbar_current_color -16777216
adb shell settings put global navigationbar_use_theme_default 0
Attempt no.5: Remove Multisim Panel
For some want to save some space in the quick settings panel by remove multi-sim panel
Vxg6Goi.png
naCKofY.png

Attempt no.6: Bigger Rotation Button
From android 9, there is a assistive rotation button when your rotation is locked. On Samsung devices if using gesture navigation, this rotation button is quite small and very difficult to touch. This is where this mod is useful to enlarge this button.

Tips: After your phone is restart, the rotation button could disappear after watching full screen video. Re-install the mod will fix the problem.
LFwj9FY.png

pJQf8VP.png

Attempt no.7: Dark Lockscreen Notification
With theme on Samsung Themestore you can easily change this color but with Substratum it harder because Samsung have block it outside Themestore. So this is the best I can tweak to back it Dark. Yes and it is not perfect.

Note: For the mod Dark Lockscreen Notification, to change the text color go to Settings>Lockscreen>Notification, set View Style to Brief, Transparency to highest value and turn on Auto-reverse text color.
Lgxz5gC.jpg
5ytdqos.jpg

Attempt no.8: Dark Recent App Menu
Another UI Samsung forget to theme for Night Mode :rolleyes:

GrTT6do.jpg
zwPxsOZ.jpg

Attempt no.9: Better Tabs Bottom Bar
This is BIG mod :cool: . I bring the Close All button in Samsung Browser tabs view to the bottom for easier one-hand use. And also turn it to icon button instead off text button for clean look.

Note: Better Tabs Bottom Bar is only compatible with version 9.0.01.65 or above

T54tDOI.jpg
Fx3JLkt.jpg

Attempt no.10: Change Statusbar Clock Position
eMbclWy.png

m4ToddK.png

Attempt no.11: Night Mode for Theme Store & Galaxy Store
This mod is work with system night mod which mean when system night mod is toggle off, these apps will be changed to light theme as well.

Note: Use "Grey Statusbar" (android) mod to fix readability of the status bar
FpDvoPL.jpg
egIJjty.jpg

Attempt no.12: One Hand Folder View and Remove App Name, Page Indicator and Folder Color Button
BEFORE
NVxckxd.jpg

AFTER
55jX88S.jpg
c8xCekP.jpg
tbJwvpC.jpg

Attempt no.13: Bottom Search Bar for Drawer and Bottom Recent App Menu
BEFORE
dXix0Rg.jpg
BhzyVZf.jpg

AFTER
q0Dvmyg.jpg
CTkayAg.jpg

Attempt no.14: 4 or 5 Quick Settings Rows and Remove Label
KfJxVJ7.jpg
XTqSRJo.jpg
JjUTGur.jpg

Attempt no.15: Task Changer Dark Menu and Dark Background
nQ7nAzZ.jpg
eFVjnq7.jpg
KNWi8xN.jpg
ekEiRHf.jpg

Attempt no.16: Smart Capture (Screenshot) Bottom Edit Toolbar
VMqsrWl.jpg
uSGYkuL.jpg

[ICON PACK]
MORE DETAIL . . .
pVz4dDG.jpg

Attachments

• CompleteOneUI-SubstratumMod-v2.4.3.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 15,273
Last edited:

osuki9x

Nov 24, 2013
[INDIVIDUAL APKs]

HERE - ANDROID FILE HOST

[TIPS]

How to revert/uninstall the mods?
As I mention if you get rid of Substratum may get you difficulties in manage and uninstall the overlay because Samsung default hide these overlays. But you still can follow one of two ways to remove them:

• Install Substratum and uninstall them in Overlay Manager tab.
  • Use this adb line:
    Code:
    adb uninstall [mod's package name]
How to identify mod's package name?
Mod's package name is the name of the mod's apk that you install​
For example: to uninstall the mod "com.google.android.packageinstaller.CompleteOneUIMods.apk" use this code​
Code:
adb uninstall com.google.android.packageinstaller.CompleteOneUIMods

Last edited:

ferozzzz

Aug 8, 2013
now I receive the error "package installation program stopped" when I open a new app just installed... ?

ferozzzz

Aug 8, 2013
Which app you opened. Your device and your android version?

Any application that I have installed after this apk (even the error appeared when I try to install a new apk manually)
Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G9600
Android Oreo 8.0. december security patch (BL G9600ZHS3ARL1, PDA G9600ZHS3ARL, CSC G9600WO3ARK1, BB G9600ZCS3ARL1)

I did a reinstallation with CSC_HOME (ODIN) and the error continued. I had to do a complete clean reinstall...

osuki9x

Nov 24, 2013
Any application that I have installed after this apk (even the error appeared when I try to install a new apk manually)
Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G9600
Android Oreo 8.0. december security patch (BL G9600ZHS3ARL1, PDA G9600ZHS3ARL, CSC G9600WO3ARK1, BB G9600ZCS3ARL1)

I did a reinstallation with CSC_HOME (ODIN) and the error continued. I had to do a complete clean reinstall...

You dont need to reinstall. Just go to app in setting and uninstall the overlay apk. Let me investigate the crash. Will report later.

dragang

Jan 5, 2010
Kladovo
Same error

You dont need to reinstall. Just go to app in setting and uninstall the overlay apk. Let me investigate the crash. Will report later.

I install your app and have same problem like ferozzzz. I go in setting find apk name "package installer" but it is not possibile to uninstall it, dont have option for that. Please same solution because I dont want to complete clean reinstall...
SM G960FAndroid version 8.0.0
buildG960FXXS2BRK3

Please give me same solution to resolve this problem. Thanks

osuki9x

Nov 24, 2013
I install your app and have same problem like ferozzzz. I go in setting find apk name "package installer" but it is not possibile to uninstall it, dont have option for that. Please same solution because I dont want to complete clean reinstall...
SM G960FAndroid version 8.0.0
buildG960FXXS2BRK3

Please give me same solution to resolve this problem. Thanks

Sorry to hear that. There are some ways that you can fix the problem. It seems like Samsung is hiding the overlay apk in the system so you could fix that by:

1: Install the apk in attached file. This apk revert to the original state of Package Install, however, if you use this way the overlay apk is still install in your phone
2: Uninstall the overlay apk using adb, this way you can totally uninstall the apk out of your phone bye using the line "adb uninstall com.google.android.packageinstaller.CompleteOneUI"
3: Uninstall using Substratum (if you know what is Substratum), go the the overlay manager tab, select Package Install overlay and uninstall.

Get back to let me know if it work or not

Reactions: khoailang2500

osuki9x

Nov 24, 2013
Reactions: dj_mol3y_x8

wildcbot

Jan 16, 2019
Do you mind if I ask how you did this. I have a couple of apps I would like to do this to, like samsung music or health.

bobby47

Jun 30, 2013
This is my attempt to complete One UI experience. I use substratum overlay to fix UI where it's still not Dark or what I think the UI should be to consist One UI experience. I am not a developer so this thread is for sharing my work, discuss and helping.

If you want this Package Installer UI install the apk in attach file (overlay apk)- no need to restart on Pie

Warning: This apk tested on S9 Pie. Not guarantee to work with others. This is just a simple Substratum Overlay, so if you want to be tester, maker sure you know how to uninstall if it does not work for your devices. You can read this post for help

HzKS0Qc.jpg
7U8XI78.jpg
gKFKYQB.jpg
Jr9whX8.jpg

Attempt no.2: Remove the gap under Samsung Keyboard when using Gesture Navigation
The Samsung Keyboard has a gap under it but Gboard does not have. So I believe that I could change the dimens gap under to 0.0dip by using Substratum but I cannot find the layout xml yet. If someone can find it please share.

KAJvWxh.jpg
1bguTBW.jpg

Can you make it for s7 oreo (run in custom rom)?
Really like it...

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
@osuki9x, I like a lot the work you are doing here!

Samsung OneUI with dark mode looks great and your work for improving it is appreciated.

Can I ask you two questions?

1) does the APK you shared work without root or Substratum?

2) feature request: would it be hard for you to build a little package with just one single change, that is to make Samsung navigation bar background always black, so it does not change per application?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

osuki9x

Nov 24, 2013
Do you mind if I ask how you did this. I have a couple of apps I would like to do this to, like samsung music or health.

These app belong to Samsung so I believe soon or later they will update all there apps to match with One UI design language. So let see :D

works perfectly on s9 one ui

great to here that :good::good::good:

Can you make it for s7 oreo (run in custom rom)?
Really like it...

I am not sure cause cannot test the app in that condition :|

Samsung OneUI with dark mode looks great and your work for improving it is appreciated.

2) feature request: would it be hard for you to build a little package with just one single change, that is to make Samsung navigation bar background always black, so it does not change per application?

1) It depend on your device. But I believe that any device that can use Substratum without root (Samsung) will be able to use this apk. The apk is actually an overlay build by Substratum (which you can find substratum apk in this post) but I already built it for you guy so technically you don't need Substratum to work. Note that this is only tested on S9 Pie.

2) I like your idea, maybe I will build one ?. For now still stuck with the keyboard gap.

osuki9x

Nov 24, 2013

you should check this. this work fine on pie. It will make your default nav bar to whatever color you like. It is just default nav bar color which mean that if devs does not assign any color to the nav bar in their, it will be default color.
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/themes/change-navigation-bar-colors-t3622626

osuki9x

Nov 24, 2013
Remove Samsung Keyboard Emty Space on One UI

Damn Yeah, finally I found solution. It is surprisingly easier than I though. Enjoy man! Tell me if it work for you guys too.

. . .

For some reason from One UI beta 3, Samsung decide to add an empty space at the bottom of the keyboard while using gesture navigation.
Some people like it but I and someone didn't. You could avoid this issue by using other keyboard like Gboard or SwiftKey but I like Samsung keyboard so finally, this is the mod to remove that empty space.

Note: This can only use with gesture navigation mode. Navigation buttons mode won't work, it will remove your nav buttons.

KAJvWxh.jpg
qYVeXlq.png

. . .

Attachments

• RemoveKeyboardSpace.CompleteOneUI.apk
    8.1 KB · Views: 5,386

bunnykons

Dec 6, 2016
Thanks it works for me .
Feature request :
Is there anyway that we can have dark ui for whatsapp also?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UPDATE ver 2.4.4]
    Download via XDA LABS
    Changelog:
    • Bugs fix
    • Improve Mods

bowzQED.png

[ABOUT]
    Complete One UI is a project try to improve the experience of One UI on Samsung Pie devices. Specifically, by using Substratum overlay to fix the UI to what majority of user think it should be and make it dark if Samsung didn't. And also making One UI look more consistent by providing icon pack follow One UI style for more apps - here.

Here is Complete One UI telegram group. It is fun here =))
    https://t.me/joinchat/IVyxzw8OttVkIEMLHhO__w

[DONATE]
    Thanks for your all encouragement and donation. This is just such a great motivation for me to keep this project better and better.
    DONATE via PAYPAL

[WARNING]
    This project mainly for official Samsung Pie devices (for now are S9, S9+). So these mods may crash other devices. You could try but make sure you now how to uninstall these overlays.​

[MODs]
    How to use?
    • [Recmmend] Install Substratum apk if you are familiar with it (you need andromeda to use Substratum on Samsung Pie)
    • If you don't want to involve with Substratum, install individual apk for each mod. Downside of this way is difficult to manage and uninstall mod overlays.

Make a dark theme for Package Installer. Round the corners, buttons and bring the dialog to the bottom follow One UI style.

Warning again: This apk tested on S9 Pie. Not guarantee to work with others. This is just a simple Substratum Overlay, so if you want to be tester, maker sure you know how to uninstall if it does not work for your devices. You can read this post for help
    Use "White Permission Icon" (android) mod to fix readability of icons

HzKS0Qc.jpg
    7U8XI78.jpg
    gKFKYQB.jpg
    Jr9whX8.jpg

For users who use Samsung Pay, use "RemoveKeyboardSpaceSpay" version. This will keep the Samsung Pay on your lock and home screen. The different between this version and the other is it still leaving a tiny space under the keyboard.

KAJvWxh.jpg
    qYVeXlq.png

Attempt no.3: Dark Samsung Note
    For now Samsung Notes had dark mode but not complete so let complete it.
    The compose page cannot be theme because it is hard code.

7oS05ff.png
    PKO2tOE.png

Attempt no.4: Black Nav Bar
    This mod is so popular so I will re-direct it to another post - here
    For short: use this on adb to get black nav bar

Code:
    adb shell settings put global navigationbar_color -16777216
    adb shell settings put global navigationbar_current_color -16777216
    adb shell settings put global navigationbar_use_theme_default 0
    Attempt no.5: Remove Multisim Panel
    For some want to save some space in the quick settings panel by remove multi-sim panel
    Vxg6Goi.png
    naCKofY.png

Attempt no.6: Bigger Rotation Button
    From android 9, there is a assistive rotation button when your rotation is locked. On Samsung devices if using gesture navigation, this rotation button is quite small and very difficult to touch. This is where this mod is useful to enlarge this button.

Tips: After your phone is restart, the rotation button could disappear after watching full screen video. Re-install the mod will fix the problem.
    LFwj9FY.png

pJQf8VP.png

Attempt no.7: Dark Lockscreen Notification
    With theme on Samsung Themestore you can easily change this color but with Substratum it harder because Samsung have block it outside Themestore. So this is the best I can tweak to back it Dark. Yes and it is not perfect.

Note: For the mod Dark Lockscreen Notification, to change the text color go to Settings>Lockscreen>Notification, set View Style to Brief, Transparency to highest value and turn on Auto-reverse text color.
    Lgxz5gC.jpg
    5ytdqos.jpg

Attempt no.8: Dark Recent App Menu
    Another UI Samsung forget to theme for Night Mode :rolleyes:

GrTT6do.jpg
    zwPxsOZ.jpg

Attempt no.9: Better Tabs Bottom Bar
    This is BIG mod :cool: . I bring the Close All button in Samsung Browser tabs view to the bottom for easier one-hand use. And also turn it to icon button instead off text button for clean look.

Note: Better Tabs Bottom Bar is only compatible with version 9.0.01.65 or above

T54tDOI.jpg
    Fx3JLkt.jpg

Attempt no.10: Change Statusbar Clock Position
    eMbclWy.png

m4ToddK.png

Attempt no.11: Night Mode for Theme Store & Galaxy Store
    This mod is work with system night mod which mean when system night mod is toggle off, these apps will be changed to light theme as well.

Note: Use "Grey Statusbar" (android) mod to fix readability of the status bar
    FpDvoPL.jpg
    egIJjty.jpg

Attempt no.12: One Hand Folder View and Remove App Name, Page Indicator and Folder Color Button
    BEFORE
    NVxckxd.jpg

AFTER
    55jX88S.jpg
    c8xCekP.jpg
    tbJwvpC.jpg

BEFORE
    dXix0Rg.jpg
    BhzyVZf.jpg

AFTER
    q0Dvmyg.jpg
    CTkayAg.jpg

KfJxVJ7.jpg
    XTqSRJo.jpg
    JjUTGur.jpg

nQ7nAzZ.jpg
    eFVjnq7.jpg
    KNWi8xN.jpg
    ekEiRHf.jpg

VMqsrWl.jpg
    uSGYkuL.jpg

[ICON PACK]
    MORE DETAIL . . .
    pVz4dDG.jpg
    Update version 2.4.1

[UPDATE ver 2.4.1]
    Available now on XDA LABS
    Changelog:
    • Fix more night mode dialogs.
    • Improve Galaxy Store Night Mode.
    • Add settings More Animation Scale mod.
    • Add launcher One Hand Folder View mod.
    • Add launcher Remove App Name mod.
    • Add launcher Folder Color Button mod.
    • Add launcher Remove Page Indicator mod.
    • Add launcher Bottom Recent App Icon mod.
    • Add launcher Bottom Recent Search Bar mod.
    • Add launcher Bottom Drawer Search Bar mod.
    • Add system Remove Quick Settings Label mod.
    • Add system Four Rows Quick Settings mod.
    • Add system Five Rows Quick Settings mod.
    • Add system 4G LTE icon switch mod.
    • Add apps edge One Hand Folder View mod.
    • Add apps edge Remove Folder App Name mod.
    • Add apps edge Remove Edge App Name mod.
    • Add apps edge Folder Color Button mod.
    • Add apps edge Remove Page Indicator mod.
    • Add task changer Dark Recent App Menu mod.
    • Add task changer Remove Applist Button mod.
    • Add task changer Dark Recent Background mod.
    • Add task changer Black Recent Background mod.
    • Add smart capture Bottom Edit Toolbar mod.

BEFORE
    NVxckxd.jpg

AFTER
    55jX88S.jpg
    c8xCekP.jpg
    tbJwvpC.jpg

BEFORE
    dXix0Rg.jpg
    BhzyVZf.jpg

AFTER
    q0Dvmyg.jpg
    CTkayAg.jpg

KfJxVJ7.jpg
    XTqSRJo.jpg
    JjUTGur.jpg

nQ7nAzZ.jpg
    eFVjnq7.jpg
    KNWi8xN.jpg
    ekEiRHf.jpg

VMqsrWl.jpg
    uSGYkuL.jpg
    Update ver 2.4.2

[UPDATE ver 2.4.2]
    Available now on XDA LABS
    Changelog:
    • Add Samsung Browser Better Tabs Bottom Bar ver 9.2 mod
    • Add Samsung Browser Better Bottom Toolbar mod
    • Add Samsung Browser Beta Better Tabs Bottom Bar mod
    • Add Samsung Browser Beta Better Bottom Toolbar mod
    • Improve Samsung Notes Dark Home Screen mod
    • Add Samsung Keyboard Small Emoji Item Size mod
    • Add Remove Keyboard Space (Gesture Hint) mod
    • Add Remove Keyboard Space (Mini NavBar) mod
    • Add Remove Rotation Button mod
    • Add system Remove Iris Preview mod
    • Improve system LTE 4G Icon Switch mod
    • Improve system 5 and 4 Row Quick Settings mod
    • Fix system Remove Multisim Panel landscape mod
    • Add launcher One Hand Folder View wo Border Frame mod
    • Add launcher Reduce Hotseat Gap mod
    • Add launcher Remove Recent Search Bar mod
    • Fix launcher Bottom Launcher Search Bar clean page mod
    Update ver 2.4.4

[UPDATE ver 2.4.4]

Hi guys, I am back. After a long period of busy time, I am back with ver 2.4.4 which mostly bug fix. More usefull mods are being developed.

The app now on Play Store. PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW if you like the app.

Download via XDA LABS
    Changelog:
    • Bugs fix
    • Improve Mods

[COMPATIBLE with MORE DEVICES]
    Another good news. Beside S9/S9+ and N9 can you Substratum to apply these mods. Now other Samsung devices running One UI such as S10/10+ , S8/S8+ , N8 and others can using Synergy to enjoy all the mods from Complete One UI
    Remove Samsung Keyboard Emty Space on One UI

Damn Yeah, finally I found solution. It is surprisingly easier than I though. Enjoy man! Tell me if it work for you guys too.

. . .

KAJvWxh.jpg
    qYVeXlq.png

. . .