• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD]CRT animation + Overscroll glow for stock deodexed XWJVH+XXJVO+XXJVP

Search This thread

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
I figured I should post this as I think there probably are others who don't want a custom ROM or a whole theme but still want the CRT screen off animation and the Overscroll Glow effect on their Gingerbread.

Here's a preview of the Overscroll Glow effect color:

overscrollglowpreview.png

Installation:
Flash zip from recovery.

If you don't like the color, the easiest way to change it is to use UOT Kitchen. Select "Glowing" -> "OverScroll Glowing" -> the color you want. Under "File upload", upload the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from the zip.

When it's done cooking, you can either flash the zip it gives you on top of my zip or extract the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from it and replace it in mine.

Thanks to dhiru162 for Overscroll Glow sources and _JKay_ for the CRT screen off zip.

This is only for DEODEXED JVH, JVO and JVP. (Check [Ramad]:s thread for a stock deodexed ROM).

Download:
XXJVP (version 2, did a mistake with the first one)
XWJVH
XXJVO

Last edited:

Adeel Ahmad

Dec 9, 2010
Multan
This is exactly what I was looking for but quick question is I am using stock odex rom so can I replace these files with root explorer or flash through recovery or I will get boot loops.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

gravejester

Jul 4, 2010
Overscroll glow works fine, but can't see that the screen off animations work.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

gravejester

Jul 4, 2010
I figured it out. I had animation speed set to fast and then it didn't show. Set it to normal and it works!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
This is exactly what I was looking for but quick question is I am using stock odex rom so can I replace these files with root explorer or flash through recovery or I will get boot loops.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

This won't work on odexed roms and you'll probably get either bootloops or frameworks crashes if you try flashing it.

[email protected]

Sep 14, 2010
can anyone tell me how to use these on stock JVH rom then?
This is exactly what I needed.
crt +glow effect only.
I just flashed to JVH yesterday (stock) so I guess mine is odexed.

please advise

thanks

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
can anyone tell me how to use these on stock JVH rom then?
This is exactly what I needed.
crt +glow effect only.
I just flashed to JVH yesterday (stock) so I guess mine is odexed.

please advise

thanks

Download the deodexed stock ROM from here and flash it. After that, flash a kernel that has CWM recovery (not sure if ROM Manager works) and install the zip the from the recovery. If you don't want to flash a kernel you can also extract the files from the zip and manually copy them to the correct folders with Root Explorer.

[email protected]

Sep 14, 2010
Download the deodexed stock ROM from here and flash it. After that, flash a kernel that has CWM recovery (not sure if ROM Manager works) and install the zip the from the recovery. If you don't want to flash a kernel you can also extract the files from the zip and manually copy them to the correct folders with Root Explorer.

Hi,
thank you so much for the direction.
Can I ask you if there's any downside using deodexed stock roms?
any security issues or stuff like that?
it's just that I've never used deodexed rom before and want to make sure it's safe

Thanks heaps

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
Hi,
thank you so much for the direction.
Can I ask you if there's any downside using deodexed stock roms?
any security issues or stuff like that?
it's just that I've never used deodexed rom before and want to make sure it's safe

Thanks heaps
The only downside is that a deodexed rom is slightly slower than an odexed one but the difference is pretty minimal.

chungzz

Feb 20, 2009
i kinda know whats the diff between odex n deodex,,, but i still dun get the meaning that i have an odexed rom,,, i m sorry cos i m a new "flasher" which had been using stock rom from Samsung HK for a year,,, so i dun really know the "rom thing"

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
i kinda know whats the diff between odex n deodex,,, but i still dun get the meaning that i have an odexed rom,,, i m sorry cos i m a new "flasher" which had been using stock rom from Samsung HK for a year,,, so i dun really know the "rom thing"

If you know the difference between odex and deodex then you shouldn't have a problem understanding what an odexed rom is. :)
But basicly all official stock roms are odexed, meaning that you have .odex files in your system application folders.

Reactions: chungzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured I should post this as I think there probably are others who don't want a custom ROM or a whole theme but still want the CRT screen off animation and the Overscroll Glow effect on their Gingerbread.

Here's a preview of the Overscroll Glow effect color:

overscrollglowpreview.png

Installation:
    Flash zip from recovery.

If you don't like the color, the easiest way to change it is to use UOT Kitchen. Select "Glowing" -> "OverScroll Glowing" -> the color you want. Under "File upload", upload the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from the zip.

When it's done cooking, you can either flash the zip it gives you on top of my zip or extract the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from it and replace it in mine.

Thanks to dhiru162 for Overscroll Glow sources and _JKay_ for the CRT screen off zip.

This is only for DEODEXED JVH, JVO and JVP. (Check [Ramad]:s thread for a stock deodexed ROM).

Download:
    XXJVP (version 2, did a mistake with the first one)
    XWJVH
    XXJVO
    sorry,,, what does that mean by "odexed rom"?

Here is a good explanation of the terminology. You can find a link to the thread with deodexed stock roms in the main post.

If you know the difference between odex and deodex then you shouldn't have a problem understanding what an odexed rom is. :)
    But basicly all official stock roms are odexed, meaning that you have .odex files in your system application folders.
    can some create the same mod for deodexed xxjvo? pls pls...

Updated the main post with XXJVO version. As I don't have JVO I can't test it but it should work.