• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[MOD][DEV] ROM Tweaks for your Stock Rom [11-22][v0.1]

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
Thought I would post this up for anyone that is interested in it. This will add "ROM tweaks" to your rom. If you've used my ROM, myn's warmtwopointthree or virus's eternity rom you probably know what kind of features it adds to your rom.

In case you haven't seen them this gives you extra options to your rom like the ability to hide/move your clock around, change lockscreen style etc.. This should work on any stock rom and can probably be ported to any other rom by the developer of that rom. Most ROMs have the tweaks named differently and have them modified to match their rom, but these are completely stock to match any rom.

I take no credit for the tweaks, most of them were written by Romanbb for his bulletproof rom found here. I'm pretty sure myn and the warm team added some more tweaks so credit to them as well. I thought I would post them up for users to use or for developers to use for their rom. Everything was ported manually by myself onto stock files to be used by everyone.

Integrating the tweaks into your stock files is a long process but if you want further details feel free to ask and I'll help you out. Most devs should know how to port the code over either way, if not I'd recommend reading up a bit further before planning on porting them. With that being said this is intended for users who aren't able to do the work themselves but would like the options, if you are a developer please don't just kang off these files for your rom without giving credit.

If you're on a heavily modified ROM ask the developer if it's okay to use this before flashing. Otherwise it might break something in that ROM.

Hope you'll find this useful. I know I would have instead of having to go searching around inside the smali to see what was needed.

ROM Tweaks Options:
  • Show/Hide Quicksettings
  • Lockscreen options:
    [-]choose between stock sense 3.0, aosp, and honeycomb lockscreen
    [-]custom carrier caption (doesn't always work, can be changed manually by editing the lock_carrier.txt found in /system/customize/
    [-]volume keys wake screen
  • Clock Options:
    [-]Hide, Show, Center clock
    [-]Show, Hide, and small AM/PM style
    [-]clock color
    [-]Hide alarm icon
  • Battery Options
    [-]Show batter icon
    [-]Battery text style
    [-]Various coloring options
  • Signal Options:
    [-]Show signal bars
    [-]Various signal text styles
    [-]Various coloring options
  • Sense Options:
    [-]custom personalize button
    [-]enable unlock animation
    [-]5 column app drawer
    [-]paginated app drawer
    [-]show recent apps
    [-]quick-quick settings
  • Misc Options
    [-] capacative backlight brightness
    [-]Phone info (hidden htc diagnostics screen)
  • Enable/Disable crt animations
  • Various overscroll options

If crt animations are not enabled in the rom you want to use these for you have to add the the following anywhere in your build.prop, otherwise the crt animations will not work:
Code:
# Render GPU/UI Tweaks
debug.sf.hw=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
Screenshots:

Download Link:
- [MOD] Tweaks_Stock_v0.1

OLD VERSION:
- [MOD] Tweaks_Stock [mirror]

Changelog:

v0.1
  • Option to change lockscreen carrier caption fixed
  • Option to disable/enable volume button wake fixed

Last edited:

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
So just flash this?

Sent from my Beastly EVO.. And did I mention it has 3D?
Yes, if your on a stock rom then just flash it. If flashed onto a themed rom it will probably untheme most of it.
Jan already ported tweaks to the gsm 3d. :) great work on this thanks!
Not all of the tweaks..

Sent from a sad Evo 3d gsm owner, using xda app! :'(
He should be able to port these if he did the ones from leedroid.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

s4audi

Nov 3, 2008
I tried flashing and no go. I have Clean ROM 2.8 with 1.50 hboot.

And guesses why not?

J

j4n87

He should be able to port these if he did the ones from leedroid.

Yeah im able to to this other stuff too, but no time at the moment. Got exams in a few days.
I left the systemui tweaks out, besides the quicksettings, because i personally dont need them.

Have to say that it was quite a mess sometimes comparing smali files and merging them , very time consuming when you dont have the exact changes that need to be done.

Btw, could you help me reordering the quicksettings in the tweaks and hide the wimax setting by default?
Tried and searched a lot in the smali and also clear java code, but cant find the position where the array and the ordering is declared. Must be hardcoded somewhere, because rearranging the settings in the array.xml changes the order in the tweaks but then they are not linked to the correct quicksetting in the notificationbar.
The Wimax setting has to be hide by default, otherwise it will fc tge statusbar, because the wimax isnt implemented on gsm devices and not available in the eu.

Disabled it directly in the systemui, but the tweaks reenables it again.

Hope you can give me a few tips on these things.

Jan

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

sw99

Jun 16, 2010
Would love to get this working on Steel's ROM, but after installing:
+ my notification bar keeps FCing
+ I can't open the settings page at all
+ the tweaks app sometimes becomes unresponsive.

J

j4n87

...could you additionally upload your unmodified base files pls? :)
so i can made a diff of it, so it would be easier to port the rest of the tweaks to the evo 3d gsm.

Thanks in advance

r1sky

Sep 1, 2011
tried flashing this.. everything seemed ok but only showed a black screen after the sprint boot animation, all it showed for sometime. any suggestions?

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
Everyone having problems installing on steel rom it might be that, that rom is based on the 2.08.651.2 ruu which really shouldn't make a difference but that might be what's causing problems. These tweaks were tested on wildshooter, flipz fresh rom, and dastin's stock rom and they worked perfectly these roms however are based on the the 2.08.651.3 ruu so that might be the case. Try contacting the developer of the rom you want to flash the mod onto to see if it'll work or not.

@j4n87:
To re-arrange the quicksettings just move them around in /layout/quick-settings.xml into the order you want. Re-arranging them there will move them on the quick settings panel. To hide the wimax quicksettings the only way I was able to do it for my rom for the herocdma (which didn't have 4g either) was to remove all instances of wimax everywhere, including all the wimax smali. HTC hid some of the quicksettings by default so maybe you can use the same method they did for the 4g quicksetting. I just found it easier to just remove everything to disable it.

J

j4n87

Everyone having problems installing on steel rom it might be that, that rom is based on the 2.08.651.2 ruu which really shouldn't make a difference but that might be what's causing problems. These tweaks were tested on wildshooter, flipz fresh rom, and dastin's stock rom and they worked perfectly these roms however are based on the the 2.08.651.3 ruu so that might be the case. Try contacting the developer of the rom you want to flash the mod onto to see if it'll work or not.

@j4n87:
To re-arrange the quicksettings just move them around in /layout/quick-settings.xml into the order you want. Re-arranging them there will move them on the quick settings panel. To hide the wimax quicksettings the only way I was able to do it for my rom for the herocdma (which didn't have 4g either) was to remove all instances of wimax everywhere, including all the wimax smali. HTC hid some of the quicksettings by default so maybe you can use the same method they did for the 4g quicksetting. I just found it easier to just remove everything to disable it.
rearranging them in the notificationbar is no problem.
i meant the ordering in settings-tweaks-show hide quicksettings-setting to hide form.

Mhh, damn, the wimax is referenced over the complete statusbar policy smali files, if i remember right -tried many times already to remove it that way. Will try again with adding some more debugging lines.

the carrier text mod is not working corectly because the /system have to be mounted so that the tweaks can edit the .txt file.
also with su rights the tweaks isn't able to mount it itself - just not implemented.

If you mount it manually and go then to the tweaks to edit it, it should work.

Last edited:

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
rearranging them in the notificationbar is no problem.
i meant the ordering in settings-tweaks-show hide quicksettings-setting to hide form.

Mhh, damn, the wimax is referenced over the complete statusbar policy smali files, if i remember right -tried many times already to remove it that way. Will try again with adding some more debugging lines.

the carrier text mod is not working corectly because the /system have to be mounted so that the tweaks can edit the .txt file.
also with su rights the tweaks isn't able to mount it itself - just not implemented.

If you mount it manually and go then to the tweaks to edit it, it should work.

Oh ok sorry about that, I'm not sure exactly how the quicksettings are loaded so I couldn't tell you for sure how to change the order.

To remove wimax quicksetting completely, I removed all instances in the xml's under /res/ directory, all wimax.smali and from quicksettings.smali, and drawable,public.smali etc..

Here's the systemui from my rom for the hero cdma, which I removed 4g from:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f0g9n99k6k6kpwu

I'm sure you can compare the differences to see what I removed. Thanks for the info about having to mount system for the custom carrier caption to take effect.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone