[Mod][EE03/EC05][AA] TouchWiz 4 Launcher Port

Search This thread

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010

This thread is no longer needed as fr4gg0r has managed to mod TW4 so it will work on any arm7 device with 2.2+

At the time it would not work on froyo without mods to the framework.jar but that is no longer necessary.

Here is the thread now, with all working widgets and themes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1061883

Code:
This is a port of fr4gg0r's modded version with customizable options from this thread here - [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1061883[/url]

[B][U]Thanks to:[/U][/B]
[B]Fragg0r[/B] - for the modded version of TW4
Whitehawkx - For the hints & info.
Sprice5 - For testing.
P3dr0maz - For testing.

Updated with flashable zip for EE03, it is very smooth and fast on EE03, the landscape keyboard bug is not present on EE03 & the share apps function from the app drawer works now.

[B][U]Includes:[/U][/B]
When you press the menu button, you will find a new option: Preferences. In there, you will find several added options:

For appdrawer:
-column count
-item count per page
-free sort mode / alphabetical sort

For Homescreen:
-Enable Landscape mode (if you change from off to on -> needs a reboot to take effect)
-Use big page indicator icons
-Whether to show the App names
-Uninstall apps from homescreen [on/off]
-Page indicator icon fades off after swiping [on/off]
-Amount of rows on homescreen
-Screen count
-Defaultscreen (starts at 0)
-Amount of icons in dock (not tested with higher numbers then 5)

Coming soon:
-Tiles in appdrawer
-Theming

[B][U]CHANGELOG:[/U][/B]

v1.0 
- Initial port release

Last edited:

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
Sexiness

snap20110516_030720.png
snap20110516_030702.png
snap20110516_030621.png
snap20110516_030615.png
snap20110516_030603.png
snap20110516_030552.png
snap20110516_030537.png
snap20110516_030518.png

Last edited:

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
Some of the settings in Preferences don't work. :Z

I tried setting 5 homescreens and putting 3 as default but it doesn't register it. Tried restarting it, no dice. Continuously kept going back to screen 4.

Other than that, works perfect!

Reactions: NJMoreno22

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010

I tried setting 5 homescreens and putting 3 as default but it doesn't register it. Tried restarting it, no dice. Continuously kept going back to screen 4.

That's a known issue with that particular setting, it actually sets it one screen ahead. So if you want 3 as default set it as 2. Its getting worked out soon. :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: B5Z

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
That's a known issue with that particular setting, it actually sets it one screen ahead. So if you want 3 as default set it as 2. Its getting worked out soon. :)

I see, it must be because Java starts with 0 instead of 1. That should be a 1 line code fix. If only I knew how to manually fix that. haha

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010
I see, it must be because Java starts with 0 instead of 1. That should be a 1 line code fix. If only I knew how to manually fix that. haha

Yea its actually going to be fixed in the next release, & I'm going to fix the preferences menu text so it makes more sense.

inimitableac

Nov 23, 2010
Louisiana&Texas
So I just noticed I'm on EB13 lol but been flashing EC05 stuff for weeks. I read the OP and so far im heeding the warning for once. However, might there be a chance this works for me?

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010
Well EB13 & EC05 are very similar, very good chance it will work. If you're feeling gutsy, make a nandroid back up, flash & report back so I can update OP :)

inimitableac

Nov 23, 2010
Louisiana&Texas
Well EB13 & EC05 are very similar, very good chance it will work. If you're feeling gutsy, make a nandroid back up, flash & report back so I can update OP :)

It works but when you restart the launcher it FCs but maybe thats necessary to restart idk.

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010
It works but when you restart the launcher it FCs but maybe thats necessary to restart idk.

That sounds like a EB13 only issue. Cause neither me or any testers experienced that issue on EC05. I'll make a compatible version for you tomorrow.

dannzeman

Jan 31, 2007
IOWA
Anyone having problems coming out of landscape mode? I was using PicSay Pro in landscape mode, hit the home button and it only showed the icons in the app dock but nothing on the home screen. When I flipped to portrait mode the screen went black only the showing info on the top of the screen (battery, time, signal, etc). I tried holding the power button and selecting 'Shut off' but it froze up. Had to pull the battery.

Go to app drawer> click menu button> edit> drag what you want to dock> click menu button> save.

Thanks! I didn't even think about hitting 'Menu' within the app drawer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This thread is no longer needed as fr4gg0r has managed to mod TW4 so it will work on any arm7 device with 2.2+

At the time it would not work on froyo without mods to the framework.jar but that is no longer necessary.

Here is the thread now, with all working widgets and themes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1061883

Code:
    This is a port of fr4gg0r's modded version with customizable options from this thread here - [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1061883[/url]

[B][U]Thanks to:[/U][/B]
    [B]Fragg0r[/B] - for the modded version of TW4
    Whitehawkx - For the hints & info.
    Sprice5 - For testing.
    P3dr0maz - For testing.

Updated with flashable zip for EE03, it is very smooth and fast on EE03, the landscape keyboard bug is not present on EE03 & the share apps function from the app drawer works now.

[B][U]Includes:[/U][/B]
    When you press the menu button, you will find a new option: Preferences. In there, you will find several added options:

For appdrawer:
    -column count
    -item count per page
    -free sort mode / alphabetical sort

For Homescreen:
    -Enable Landscape mode (if you change from off to on -> needs a reboot to take effect)
    -Use big page indicator icons
    -Whether to show the App names
    -Uninstall apps from homescreen [on/off]
    -Page indicator icon fades off after swiping [on/off]
    -Amount of rows on homescreen
    -Screen count
    -Defaultscreen (starts at 0)
    -Amount of icons in dock (not tested with higher numbers then 5)

Coming soon:
    -Tiles in appdrawer
    -Theming

[B][U]CHANGELOG:[/U][/B]

v1.0 
    - Initial port release

I switched the icon doc setting from 4 to 5 but I can't figure out how to add another icon. Any help?

Go to app drawer> click menu button> edit> drag what you want to dock> click menu button> save.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone