[Mod][EE03/EC05][AA] TouchWiz 4 Launcher Port

Search This thread

richabi

Oct 29, 2007
Houston, TX
this may be a dumb question but curiousity did kill the cat

I am no noob to flashing window devices. this is my first time hacking android and thanks to the lovely devs here, it is easily picked up but I had a question. When it came to interfaces like this on WM, we could just install them from the OS but this requires a flash...now what if I want to remove it? It's not like you can just uninstall it or hard reset and it will be gone. I assume I would just have to reflash my ROM and start from scratch?

Neckberg

Dec 30, 2010
Green Bay
I am no noob to flashing window devices. this is my first time hacking android and thanks to the lovely devs here, it is easily picked up but I had a question. When it came to interfaces like this on WM, we could just install them from the OS but this requires a flash...now what if I want to remove it? It's not like you can just uninstall it or hard reset and it will be gone. I assume I would just have to reflash my ROM and start from scratch?

I am not 100% sure, but I would say grab the launcher you want from the market, make it your default and then just delete off the sd card.

Hopefully someone can confirm this for you.

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
I am not 100% sure, but I would say grab the launcher you want from the market, make it your default and then just delete off the sd card.

Hopefully someone can confirm this for you.

Yes an no u need to get a different launcher get root explore from the market go into system/app and delete touch wizard launcher. That's all.

Sent from my Epic 4gizzle using XDA premium App

SpenceSouth

May 2, 2011
On EC05 it never gets past the Samsung screen after flashing, every time. Did a full wipe 3x... the whole works.

Idk

howufiga

Apr 4, 2011
How do i uninstall this? I mistakenly loaded this thinking it was teh stock screen lock replacement. Guess i should have scrolled down to see screen shots! I'm using Zeam Launcher and i like that alot. Anyways, how can i uninstall this?

thanks!

SirLeto

Jun 4, 2011
Sorry for the noobiness, but how am I supposed to flash this? Do I add this to a rom and flash it, or do I flash it as an update?

Modmyppc

Mar 15, 2010
For some reason when I hold a widget and slant the phone it doesn't transition from page to page. but I thought I remember seeing a popup of how to do it.

Is this feature not available or did I do something to disable it?

Modmyppc

Mar 15, 2010
Ive had a black screen coming in or out of an application such as camera and messaging.

When I left messaging application the screen went black and had to reboot.

When I went into camera it didn't even go into camera it would just go black.

after waiting a while it tells me that the TWlauncher is not responding.

These are just two examples Its done this about 4 times in the past hour.

Just a report. Im running frozin rom 1.2 fyi.

Thanks for porting it, It was alot of fun playing with it.

Modmyppc

Mar 15, 2010
Still having the application failing to launch multiple times during the day on EC05 the screen just turns black then after a while it says that laucher pro has failed to launch or something like that.

I wanted to try it on an EF02 rom

Will the EE03 work on an EF02 based rom?

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010
This thread isn't really needed anymore. Just follow the link to the OG thread. He modified it to work on 2.2 & 2.3 and fixed all the bugs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This thread is no longer needed as fr4gg0r has managed to mod TW4 so it will work on any arm7 device with 2.2+

At the time it would not work on froyo without mods to the framework.jar but that is no longer necessary.

Here is the thread now, with all working widgets and themes.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1061883

Code:
    This is a port of fr4gg0r's modded version with customizable options from this thread here - [url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1061883[/url]

[B][U]Thanks to:[/U][/B]
    [B]Fragg0r[/B] - for the modded version of TW4
    Whitehawkx - For the hints & info.
    Sprice5 - For testing.
    P3dr0maz - For testing.

Updated with flashable zip for EE03, it is very smooth and fast on EE03, the landscape keyboard bug is not present on EE03 & the share apps function from the app drawer works now.

[B][U]Includes:[/U][/B]
    When you press the menu button, you will find a new option: Preferences. In there, you will find several added options:

For appdrawer:
    -column count
    -item count per page
    -free sort mode / alphabetical sort

For Homescreen:
    -Enable Landscape mode (if you change from off to on -> needs a reboot to take effect)
    -Use big page indicator icons
    -Whether to show the App names
    -Uninstall apps from homescreen [on/off]
    -Page indicator icon fades off after swiping [on/off]
    -Amount of rows on homescreen
    -Screen count
    -Defaultscreen (starts at 0)
    -Amount of icons in dock (not tested with higher numbers then 5)

Coming soon:
    -Tiles in appdrawer
    -Theming

[B][U]CHANGELOG:[/U][/B]

v1.0 
    - Initial port release
    Sexiness

snap20110516_030720.png
    snap20110516_030702.png
    snap20110516_030621.png
    snap20110516_030615.png
    snap20110516_030603.png
    snap20110516_030552.png
    snap20110516_030537.png
    snap20110516_030518.png
    Some of the settings in Preferences don't work. :Z

I tried setting 5 homescreens and putting 3 as default but it doesn't register it. Tried restarting it, no dice. Continuously kept going back to screen 4.

Other than that, works perfect!
    Some of the settings in Preferences don't work. :Z

I tried setting 5 homescreens and putting 3 as default but it doesn't register it. Tried restarting it, no dice. Continuously kept going back to screen 4.

Other than that, works perfect!

That's a known issue with that particular setting, it actually sets it one screen ahead. So if you want 3 as default set it as 2. Its getting worked out soon. :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
    I switched the icon doc setting from 4 to 5 but I can't figure out how to add another icon. Any help?

Go to app drawer> click menu button> edit> drag what you want to dock> click menu button> save.