[MOD] Emoji iOS / Google on Samsung S4 Kit Kat

Search This thread

gonsa

Aug 4, 2010
Lisbon
Now that the S4 has Kit Kat and Emoji, you've probably noticed that the emoji are different from the Google and IOS ones.
This is because these new kit kat emoji found in recent firmware from Samsung and not from Google. So now Samsung created their own emoji and will put them in their kit kat firmwares for the next devices and updates.

eqtjdx.jpg
2nuhcvk.jpg
34xhnrp.jpg

If you want to have the original emojis from Google or IOS and not the ones from Samsung, there's a way to do it if you have root.
- First of all, do a Nandroid backup (it is always useful to have a recent one)
- Now copy the font in the respective attachment to /system/fonts/ and replace the one inside. (root explorer is recommended for this)
- Change the permissions of the font file to rw-r--r--
- Reboot the device

Voilá!
If at anytime you want the to change back, just make the above process again, now with the file from the other rar files attached here.
:cool:

Working on many other devices and roms, including S4 Google Edition, HTC M8, Note 3, LG G2, Galaxy S 5, AOSP SlimBean 4.4.2, AT&T Goldeneye v26, Omega..

Developer Steven Schoen created an app that does this whole mod for you, with a simple click.
Emoji Switcher (root)

Just uploaded the new Lollipop Emoji from the new version of Android 5.0
nexus2cee_emoji3-668x436.jpg

nexus2cee_emoji4-668x436.jpg

If you like this mod, please say thanks or you can offer me a beer here ;)

Attachments

• Emoji_Samsung.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 29,844
  • Emoji_Google.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 22,996
  • Emoji_IOS.part1.rar
    7 MB · Views: 50,597
  • Emoji_IOS.part2.rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 45,847
  • Emoji_Lollipop.rar
    2 MB · Views: 10,598
Last edited:

AlAneed

Apr 16, 2009
Jeddah - Dhahran
www.kashkoli.com
I assume it works only on Android 4.4 not 4.3? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does it work with any other device with the same resolution? what about different resolution?

Is it only working on Samsung based ROM? or it can be installed on Google based ROM?

Reactions: munimjaffer

gonsa

Aug 4, 2010
Lisbon
I assume it works only on Android 4.4 not 4.3? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does it work with any other device with the same resolution? what about different resolution?

Is it only working on Samsung based ROM? or it can be installed on Google based ROM?

I think it doesn't work on lower versions <=4.4.
Also I think it only works on Samsung based roms.

anyway, after a backup, you could give it a try.

Reactions: X610 and Jrhoop

TomTheFrench

Oct 2, 2012
Paris
It didn't work for me. I flashed like you explain the Google's emoji and now I don't have anything ... All my smiley are space ! I tried to go back but the same happened. I have the i9505 variant with omega 21 based on stock kit kat.

gonsa

Aug 4, 2010
Lisbon
It didn't work for me. I flashed like you explain the Google's emoji and now I don't have anything ... All my smiley are space ! I tried to go back but the same happened. I have the i9505 variant with omega 21 based on stock kit kat.

rest assured, I'll figure it out what happened.

well I just tested it again and it is working.
did you changed the permissions of the file to rw-r--r?

if all else fails, put these two fonts in attachment in the same folder too and report back.

Attachments

• fonts.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Reactions: X610

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the S4 has Kit Kat and Emoji, you've probably noticed that the emoji are different from the Google and IOS ones.
    This is because these new kit kat emoji found in recent firmware from Samsung and not from Google. So now Samsung created their own emoji and will put them in their kit kat firmwares for the next devices and updates.

eqtjdx.jpg
    2nuhcvk.jpg
    34xhnrp.jpg

If you want to have the original emojis from Google or IOS and not the ones from Samsung, there's a way to do it if you have root.
    - First of all, do a Nandroid backup (it is always useful to have a recent one)
    - Now copy the font in the respective attachment to /system/fonts/ and replace the one inside. (root explorer is recommended for this)
    - Change the permissions of the font file to rw-r--r--
    - Reboot the device

Voilá!
    If at anytime you want the to change back, just make the above process again, now with the file from the other rar files attached here.
    :cool:

Working on many other devices and roms, including S4 Google Edition, HTC M8, Note 3, LG G2, Galaxy S 5, AOSP SlimBean 4.4.2, AT&T Goldeneye v26, Omega..

Developer Steven Schoen created an app that does this whole mod for you, with a simple click.
    Emoji Switcher (root)

Just uploaded the new Lollipop Emoji from the new version of Android 5.0
    nexus2cee_emoji3-668x436.jpg

nexus2cee_emoji4-668x436.jpg

If you like this mod, please say thanks or you can offer me a beer here ;)
    Lollipop black and white emoji fix

Ok, made a flashable zip out of it. Download and flash the attached file after every ROM upgrade to get Lollipop to load the correct emojis instead of the black and white ones.
    Can you upload emojis of 9.1 IOS it will be great :D
    Thanks
    Great! Thank you! But what's the difference between iOS part1 and part2?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

it is just a splitted rar.
    the forum doesn't allow compressed files bigger than 8MB.
    Now with iOS Emoji too :eek: