• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Mod] Enable Bootanimation.zip support for Stock 4.3 & 4.4.2

Search This thread

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Here's 2 modified "/system/bin/bootanimation" files that points to a bootanimation.zip file instead of bootsamsung.qmg files.

One for 4.3 based roms, and one for 4.4.2,

Check it out, there is a readme inside the zip file.

This is NOT a flashable file, because not everyone is using custom recoverys on there stock roms. Use a root explorer to change the files

DO NOT FLASH, AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As always Enjoy!

Download Link - http://www.dillonpos.com/note3toolkit/BootBinary/Bootanimation_Binary_Note_3.zip

NOTICE: There seems to be a 25% chance this will not work for some people (mostly 4.3 roms) If this doesn't work for you troubleshoot as follows:
1. Did you put a good bootanimation.zip in /system/media/?
2. Did you setup the /system/bin/bootanimation file's permissions properly? (permissions should be rwxr-xr-x)
3. Did you use the right file for your rom?

If after checking these it doesn't work please pm me with your model and rom info, Thanks

Sent from another Galaxy... Note 3

Last edited:

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Im going to post NON FLASHABLE bootanimations here if anyone wants to contribute pm me. Must be 1080p please.

Thanks

Last edited:

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
actually.. these wont work currently due to it flashing the binary that i had in there for ages which will overwite yours. So I wouldn't recommend flashing mine yet. You can copy the zip over thoguh from inside the flashable file

Im going to pull some of yours later and post just the zips.

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Was literally just looking for this - and blammo here it was. Thanks man :)

Sent you a PM too - thanks again for posting this!

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
Tried it more than once on 4.4.2 stock deodex and no go. Now I have no animation. I have the bootanimation.zip in system/media, right permissions. And I manually copied the bootanimation file to system/bin, same permissions as prior file.

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Tried it more than once on 4.4.2 stock deodex and no go. Now I have no animation. I have the bootanimation.zip in system/media, right permissions. And I manually copied the bootanimation file to system/bin, same permissions as prior file.

Since deodexed roms boot up differently I can't guarantee this will work with it. It was intended Samsung based "odex" roms. Sorry.

If I do find one that works with Deodex roms I'll let you know.

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Running rooted stock t-mobile rom here and I am also just getting no boot animation now, just blackness. Followed your directions exactly, not sure what the issue is for me.....

Please if this doesn't work for you post what rom build and os version your on so I can help you! Thanks :)

Reactions: kitten79

BigSK225

Jul 6, 2009
Allentown, PA
On Infamous 2.5, 4.4.2 and the bin file gives me a blank boot screen also. I have tried a few different bootanimation.zips in system/media and I get the same results every time.

Sent from my rooted AK-47

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
On Infamous 2.5, 4.4.2 and the bin file gives me a blank boot screen also. I have tried a few different bootanimation.zips in system/media and I get the same results every time.

This is intended really only for stock room, but could work for others based in it. Make sure you check your permissions.

Reactions: zamcum

lainemac

Sep 29, 2010
Vegas
Getting the same result as other. Just a black screen. Using the stock 4.4.2 rom.
How do I get my stock animation back? Tried renaming the files and it didn't work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's 2 modified "/system/bin/bootanimation" files that points to a bootanimation.zip file instead of bootsamsung.qmg files.

One for 4.3 based roms, and one for 4.4.2,

Check it out, there is a readme inside the zip file.

This is NOT a flashable file, because not everyone is using custom recoverys on there stock roms. Use a root explorer to change the files

DO NOT FLASH, AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As always Enjoy!

Download Link - http://www.dillonpos.com/note3toolkit/BootBinary/Bootanimation_Binary_Note_3.zip

NOTICE: There seems to be a 25% chance this will not work for some people (mostly 4.3 roms) If this doesn't work for you troubleshoot as follows:
    1. Did you put a good bootanimation.zip in /system/media/?
    2. Did you setup the /system/bin/bootanimation file's permissions properly? (permissions should be rwxr-xr-x)
    3. Did you use the right file for your rom?

If after checking these it doesn't work please pm me with your model and rom info, Thanks

Running rooted stock t-mobile rom here and I am also just getting no boot animation now, just blackness. Followed your directions exactly, not sure what the issue is for me.....

Please if this doesn't work for you post what rom build and os version your on so I can help you! Thanks :)

This is intended really only for stock room, but could work for others based in it. Make sure you check your permissions.

Getting the same result as other. Just a black screen. Using the stock 4.4.2 rom.
    How do I get my stock animation back? Tried renaming the files and it didn't work.

What version of phone with rom do you have?