• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] Enable HOTSPOT for 4.4.3 Sense 6.0 ( 5.28.605.2 update ) 09/05/2014

Search This thread

carm01

All,

After attempting to find a solution to the WifiTether_TrevE_Mod not working after 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ). I have found an alternate solution to use the native HOTSPOT application and it does not prompt to subscribe to it for those of us who have unlimited data.

I cannot take full credit for finding the fix for this I had to look in the following for the XML edits: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2467651&page=7

The update script is by andybones, and i modified it, and the xml.

There are 3 flashables i did put together based on this. DeODEX/ODEX versions and Stock. The first two just re-add the WifiRouter_JB43.apk and odexed file respectively depending on which you use, and also removes TetheringGuard.apk.
The Stock, simply places the origional xml file back and puts the TetheringGuard.apk back as well. That one will work for odex and deodex.

THESE ARE ONLY FOR STOCK ROMS. I CANNOT CONFIRM THESE WILL WORK ON CUSTOM ROMS.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT VERSION, OR YOU WILL GET FORCE CLOSE ON THE DIALER! THE FILES IN THIS OP ARE FOR 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ) ONLY RIGHT BELOW THIS THERE IS A LINK TO 4.4.2

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 / Android 4.4.3 ( 5.28.605.2 ) go here ---->>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55253153&postcount=77

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 ( 4.10.605.3 ) go here ---->>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52994825&postcount=71

Update for KitKat ( 3.11.605.1 ) 02/07/2014 post 21, link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50138204&postcount=21

Also, I cannot get the hotspot widget to work correctly. IT WILL turn it off, but not on.

Enjoy

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you dont know what you are doing or jack up your phone

Attachments

• Enable_NativeTether_DEODEX.zip
    405.3 KB · Views: 613
  • Enable_NativeTether_ODEX.zip
    417.5 KB · Views: 524
  • STOCK_NativeTether.zip
    307.9 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

xenakis

Jul 22, 2011
Awesome, thanks! Works perfectly. I actually didn't flash the zip, instead made the changes manually. The WifiRouter_JB43.apk was already on my phone, verified to be identical. So just had to rename ThetheringGuard.apk (and odex) and manually made the XML edits. As you mentioned, the Hotspot widget doesn't work, but it's easy enough to turn it on from quick settings.

Many thanks.

Reactions: thatsricci

carm01

Awesome, thanks! Works perfectly. I actually didn't flash the zip, instead made the changes manually. The WifiRouter_JB43.apk was already on my phone, verified to be identical. So just had to rename ThetheringGuard.apk (and odex) and manually made the XML edits. As you mentioned, the Hotspot widget doesn't work, but it's easy enough to turn it on from quick settings.

Many thanks.

You don't HAVE to rename tether guard, I tested it with and without.

IF only the widget works, that would be great, but not too much inconvenience with quick settings, i am satisfied.

Synthic

Dec 9, 2013
Great work! I love all the little scripts you're putting out to remove all the annoyances on the VZW HTC One. I was looking for a way to enable tethering so I could pair my Nexus 7 with my HTC One if I ever had the need and came across this thread. I was about to go and flash the zip file but I thought I'd take a quick look at my current setup first. Since I am running @santod040's debloated stock rom I was already rid of the Tethering Guard, but I still had the WifiRouter_JB43.apk so I just pulled the default.xml and made the changes, then pushed it back and fixed the permissions. I decided to do it manually once I realized that the default.xml had a bunch of new settings that had been appended to it since I flashed the rom. Now the stock tethering is working beautifully. I don't know if this will help anyone or not, but here is a diff of the stock XML and the one included in this zip to make it clear which lines need to be changed.

http://www.diffchecker.com/u1eadrfn

Reactions: syserr

telecomdude

Oct 27, 2010
It's not working on mine for some reason, stock 4.3 Sprint Rom, rooted with philz recovery, build MK3, tried ODEX and DEODEX, same result, when I turn on the sprint hotspot it says I'm not subscribed. Maybe I missed something?

All,

After attempting to find a solution to the WifiTether_TrevE_Mod not working after 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ). I have found an alternate solution to use the native HOTSPOT application and it does not prompt to subscribe to it for those of us who have unlimited data.

I cannot take full credit for finding the fix for this I had to look in the following for the XML edits: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2467651&page=7

There are 3 flashables i did put together based on this. DeODEX/ODEX versions and Stock. The first two just re-add the WifiRouter_JB43.apk and odexed file respectively depending on which you use, and also removes TetheringGuard.apk.
The Stock, simply places the origional xml file back and puts the TetheringGuard.apk back as well. That one will work for odex and deodex.

Also, I cannot get the hotspot widget to work correctly. IT WILL turn it off, but not on.

Enjoy

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you dont know what you are doing or jack up your phone

carm01

It's not working on mine for some reason, stock 4.3 Sprint Rom, rooted with philz recovery, build MK3, tried ODEX and DEODEX, same result, when I turn on the sprint hotspot it says I'm not subscribed. Maybe I missed something?

This is the Verizon forums for Verizon HTC one . Please go to your sprint forums in xda

if I have helped you please press the thanks button.

xenakis

Jul 22, 2011
I tried updating this mod on the stock 4.4.2 but couldn't get it to work. Hotspot would start up and computer would connect to hotspot but there was no connectivity to internet.

Anyway to get native hotspot working on 4.4.2?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

carm01

I tried updating this mod on the stock 4.4.2 but couldn't get it to work. Hotspot would start up and computer would connect to hotspot but there was no connectivity to internet.

Thanks

working on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WIFI HOTSPOT for KITKAT 3.11.605.1

Here are the Wifi HotSpot Mods for 3.11.605.1 KITKAT.

This also gets rid of the LTE icon as well.

Added April 4 - 2014

Widget also works correctly in quick pull down, and if you make a manual one on a home screen as well.
    All,

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT VERSION, OR YOU WILL GET FORCE CLOSE ON THE DIALER! THE FILES IN THIS OP ARE FOR 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ) ONLY RIGHT BELOW THIS THERE IS A LINK TO 4.4.2

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 / Android 4.4.3 ( 5.28.605.2 ) go here ---->>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55253153&postcount=77

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 ( 4.10.605.3 ) go here ---->>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52994825&postcount=71

Update for KitKat ( 3.11.605.1 ) 02/07/2014 post 21, link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50138204&postcount=21

Enjoy

USB Tether enabled

All,

Since i never really use it, nor will i most likely I changed the xml file to allow/enable usb tether ( never really thought about it honestly ).

Please note this zip is for either de-odex or odex , as it ONLY contains the xml file, as it assumes you already have the tether app. ONCE AGAIN STOCK ONLY UNLESS YOU CAN CONFIRM THE CUSTOM ROM YOU ARE USIN HAS AN UNALTERED XML FILE AND THE apk in place

If you already have the tether app already and want to enable tether you can use this flashable file, and it will take care of tether usb and wireless
    Just downloaded "Hotspot Toggle Widget" by Fattin Hotspot Network and it seems to work for a solution to a one touch on and off option. Thanks again to carm, works great

If you're on Stock, the default Hotspot toggle works.

Thanks

working on it.