[MOD] Enable statusbar notifications (China-based only)

Search This thread

sacca25

Feb 1, 2015
Firenze
Hi everyone!

Starting from an idea of @pavelboyarov I tried to hack MiuiSystemUI but I failed again and again, so I went to ask @dr4kendroid admin and developer of mi-globe forum which has some experience with statusbar mods and after a few days HE came out with this.
Also thanks to @GalalMoustafa who provided a different version which has both the clock and icons on the left side of the notch.

This mod enable notifications in the statusbar and put them in the left side moving the clock under the notch, so if you flash this the clock WON'T BE VISIBLE anymore.

This mod is NOT working on official global rom, I tested it with pie based xiaomi eu and mi-globe rom and works in both, It should work on every china-based ROM but If you want to test I recommend to keep the full ROM file for a dirty flash in case you break something (or a backup).

icons.jpg
ONLY NOTIFICATIONS: https://mi-globe.com/miui-notification-icons-for-notch-phones/

clock+icons.jpg
CLOCK+NOTIFICATIONS: https://yadi.sk/d/6DCy0FadhKhgVA

How to enable:
1- From TWRP flash the zip file provided (works with both 8.9.20 and .24)
2- Reboot
3- Connect your phone to PC with 'USB debug' enabled, start a CMD and type: "adb shell settings put system status_bar_show_notification_icon 1"
*If you don't want all the icons but just 3 dots skip step 3.
4- Go say thanks to mi-globe dev & enjoy!

If you don't like it you can dirty flash your current rom or the statusbar_disabler.zip . (still good for both .20 and .24)

Last edited:

xdamami

Oct 21, 2013
Antalya
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi everyone!

Starting from an idea of @pavelboyarov I tried to hack MiuiSystemUI but I failed again and again, so I went to ask @dr4kendroid admin and developer of mi-globe forum which has some experience with statusbar mods and after a few days HE came out with this.

This mod enable notifications in the statusbar and put them in the left side moving the clock under the notch, so if you flash this the clock WON'T BE VISIBLE anymore.

This mod is NOT working on official global rom afaik, I tested it with pie based xiaomi eu and mi-globe rom and works in both, It should work on every china-based ROM but If you want to test I recommend to keep the full ROM file for a dirty flash in case you break something (or a backup).

There's not a limit to the icons, but after the 4th they will be covered by the notch. (Actually you will see only part of the 5th lol)

How to enable:
1- From TWRP flash statusbar_enabler.zip
2- Reboot
3- Connect your phone to PC with 'USB debug' enabled, start a CMD and type: "adb shell settings put system status_bar_show_notification_icon 1"

This mod will be updated in mi-globe website with the next MIUI releases and I'll update the link here too hoping that Official MIUI will solve this one day.
This willremove clock?

Reactions: xristos9

gulp79

Jul 22, 2013
Rome
Hi everyone!

This mod is NOT working on official global rom afaik, I tested it with pie based xiaomi eu and mi-globe rom and works in both, It should work on every china-based ROM but If you want to test I recommend to keep the full ROM file for a dirty flash in case you break something (or a backup).

e6xY9joYpnHbBA

View attachment 4610009

There's not a limit to the icons, but after the 4th they will be covered by the notch. (Actually you will see only part of the 5th lol)

How to enable:
1- From TWRP flash statusbar_enabler.zip
2- Reboot

This mod will be updated in mi-globe website with the next MIUI releases and I'll update the link here too hoping that Official MIUI will solve this one day.

Great! Thank you.

I see that this is for v 8.9.20 but I've latest xiaomi.eu release v 8.9.24.
Can you release a zip for current version?
If you need i can upload needed files (in case let me know what files you need)

s7eVe90

Aug 18, 2018
Xiaomi.eu 8.9.24 here - If I flash and don't like it or I just want to go back to stock how to do that? Dirty flash the rom or factory reset or data wipe or....? Thank you in advance for the answer.

gulp79

Jul 22, 2013
Rome
Xiaomi.eu 8.9.24 here - If I flash and don't like it or I just want to go back to stock how to do that? Dirty flash the rom or factory reset or data wipe or....? Thank you in advance for the answer.

If you have saved
MiuiSystemUI.apk
packages.list
packages.xml
then restore them with right permissions.

Otherwise maybe you can dirty reflash your current rom (but i think that /data/system/packages.list and /data/system/packages.xml are not overwritten by a dirty flash)
Btw you can try a dirty reflash of yor current rom, it dosn't harm....

May 5, 2018
Is it possible to choose which icons or change icon order? For example if I want only 4 apps to show I have to disable other apps through settings? No other way?

Trần Anh VN

Mar 23, 2013
Cam Pha
Hi @sacca25, could you tell me what did you do with SystemUI. I want to mod for my Mi8 SE. I tried to modify status_bar.xml to move notification layout to the left, but it not work. Many thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I've found center clock mod which work on Mi8 SE on mi-global forum. Thanks anyway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

Also thanks to @GalalMoustafa who provided a different version which has both the clock and icons on the left side of the notch.

This mod is NOT working on official global rom, I tested it with pie based xiaomi eu and mi-globe rom and works in both, It should work on every china-based ROM but If you want to test I recommend to keep the full ROM file for a dirty flash in case you break something (or a backup).

icons.jpg
    ONLY NOTIFICATIONS: https://mi-globe.com/miui-notification-icons-for-notch-phones/

clock+icons.jpg
    CLOCK+NOTIFICATIONS: https://yadi.sk/d/6DCy0FadhKhgVA

How to enable:
    1- From TWRP flash the zip file provided (works with both 8.9.20 and .24)
    2- Reboot
    *If you don't want all the icons but just 3 dots skip step 3.

If you don't like it you can dirty flash your current rom or the statusbar_disabler.zip . (still good for both .20 and .24)
    Thanks for reposting our work :)

We changed our Mod and now show both on the statusbar (clock + notifications)
    We are using a modified status_bar.xml to display the information on 2 lines.

And the good thing about it: When you have no notifications, the clock stays on default position!

notch_notification_mod_default-768x287.png

notch_notification_mod_modded-768x287.png

We create this Mod with flashable ZIP files every week for dev and stable Xiaomi ROMs! Available for all Xiaomi Notch Phones (Mi 8 EE, Mi 8 Pro, RedMi Note 6 Pro , and so on ...)

See more here:
    https://mi-globe.com/miui-notification-icons-for-notch-phones/
    Here is my edit for 8.9.24 MiuiSystemUI.apk with clock and icons (Actually it's perfect with 380 dpi because i prefer this dpi but it looks good with Default dpi also)

Google Drive

Installation -> replace "/system/priv-apps/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk" with this apk then make sure that permissions for the pasted apk is 644 ("chmod 644 MiuiSystemUI.apk") then reboot

Important** make sure that you take a backup for the stock apk before replacing
    Thanks.
    Hope there's a version that still keep the clock at left notch with fewer notification icons displayed (probably 2 or something)