[MOD] Enable Voice Call For ROMs Based ON [Stock ICS & CM9 & AOKP] (11/09)

Search This thread

legojj

Sep 7, 2010
EDIT: DOES NOT WORK FOR CM10

There is a guy on the main thread saying that flashing only the first file (modem) the voice calls work for him under cm10, anyone wants to try and report?

Sent from my GT-P7300 using xda app-developers app

EDIT: FOR CM9, OUTGOING WORKS BUT THERE IS NO NOTIFICATIONS FOR INCOMING CALLS
After trying with cm9 I can make calls but when I tried to call the tablet I got no notification

EDIT: WHEN THE SCREEN TURNS OFF, THE CALL MUTES, APPARENTLY ONE WORK AROUND (did not work for me) TAKEN FROM THE ORIGINAL THREAD IS ....
I am using jb Toldo v5.1 ,on A1 v2.0 kernel With

Voice_Call_Enable__Stock__ICS_4.0.4_ROM_Build_1.zip

1st install it is very good sound never mute during call even screen off, but after I did config in call settings. all call audio mute during screen off.
2ndly I reflash zip again my tab can make call without mute during screen off again.

So, all you guys , please do this

1. Don't do call settings in phone menu.
2. If you audio gone during screen off, reflash zip file.

:cowboy:

The work around I used, was​

1. installing an app called 'Screen On by Konstantinos Polychronis'
2. kept screen on for "an active call' and "PhoneUtil'.

It seems to work fine for me

ALL CREDIT GOES TO almaqdad, I have done nothing to this mod

I've used this mod with [ROM][ICS][P7300] P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8 clean port v2 by kallt_kaffe. Works perfectly and it seems to work for others on this ROM too.

I'm using cmw 6.0.1.0.

I have not tested this MOD with AOKP. So do at your own risk.

Heres the link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1875024

Basically follow the steps given in the link.... For example, the one I followed was...

For [ROMs based Samsung Stock ICS 4.0.4 Deodex OR Odex]
1- Reboot to Recovery Mode.
2- Make a Full Backup. [Recommend]
3- Install File CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip
4- Install File Voice Call Enable [Stock] ICS 4.0.4 ROM Build 1.zip
5- Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache.
6- Reboot the tab and enjoy voice call.

Last edited:

adddams

Mar 14, 2010
Jõhvi
I flashed on CM10, did both wipes and it didn't boot. Then reflashed the same rom without any wipes. I can make phone calls but no 3G network, only 2G.

zeema

May 7, 2011
After trying with cm9 I can make calls but when I tried to call the tablet I got no notification

chin37

Oct 6, 2007
if the screen is off,the voice sound cannot hear each other.
i wonder if there is somwhere to set at the dial pad?

Jupit3r

Aug 27, 2011
Is it possible that I flash these into a P7310 ICS stock ROM to enable both 3G connection and voice call? I am using a P7300 with P7310 STOCK ICS ROM by the way....

ealax

Aug 2, 2010
Karlskrona
Is it possible that I flash these into a P7310 ICS stock ROM to enable both 3G connection and voice call? I am using a P7300 with P7310 STOCK ICS ROM by the way....

just flash the ported from KK mentioned in the head of the thread, it works very good for me.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

if the screen is off,the voice sound cannot hear each other.
i wonder if there is somwhere to set at the dial pad?

This seems to be a bug in this implementation, the same as the problem with bluetooth headset that the audio doesnt work either

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
maybe the solution to some bugs

The n8500 rom is out and it has implemented full phone capabilities. I dont know how to decompile it and use some of that funcionality into p7300.

Does any developer look into it dialer and blutooth libraries?

Thanks

chin37

Oct 6, 2007
i hink, the screen off affects the voice ,it may be someting wrong with the proximity.
our tab has no proximity anymore.it has only light sensor..i guess.
i can see one or two check boxs at the dial setting concern with the proximity.

de3pkeeper

Jan 1, 2011
You can fairly easily enable calls for your own ROM. Presumably CM10 as well.

Decompile your /system/framework/framework-res.apk by using apktool. Find the /framework-res/res/values/bool.xml inside the decompiled folder, and edit it with Notepad++ to avoid encoding failure. Edit the line that says "voice capable" and change it to true.

Recompile the package with apktool b framework-res. Extract the resources.arsc file from the newly built .apk.
Place the resources.arsc file in your original framework-res.apk, replacing the one inside.

Push framework-res.apk to /system/framework.

Ensure you have the Galaxy R I9103 modem.bin installed.

Reboot and you should be done.

Keep a copy of your original framework-res.apk in case the system doesn't boot past the boot logo. Or have a nandroid backup and do advanced restore/system from within CWM.

Last edited:

adddams

Mar 14, 2010
Jõhvi
Does 3G work in CM9 and other ICS roms or do they have also only 2G? If only 2G, then on CM10 you can flash only modem and it should work because I can make calls using only 2G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: DOES NOT WORK FOR CM10

There is a guy on the main thread saying that flashing only the first file (modem) the voice calls work for him under cm10, anyone wants to try and report?

EDIT: FOR CM9, OUTGOING WORKS BUT THERE IS NO NOTIFICATIONS FOR INCOMING CALLS

EDIT: WHEN THE SCREEN TURNS OFF, THE CALL MUTES, APPARENTLY ONE WORK AROUND (did not work for me) TAKEN FROM THE ORIGINAL THREAD IS ....
    I am using jb Toldo v5.1 ,on A1 v2.0 kernel With

Voice_Call_Enable__Stock__ICS_4.0.4_ROM_Build_1.zip

1st install it is very good sound never mute during call even screen off, but after I did config in call settings. all call audio mute during screen off.
    2ndly I reflash zip again my tab can make call without mute during screen off again.

So, all you guys , please do this

1. Don't do call settings in phone menu.
    2. If you audio gone during screen off, reflash zip file.

:cowboy:

The work around I used, was​

1. installing an app called 'Screen On by Konstantinos Polychronis'
    2. kept screen on for "an active call' and "PhoneUtil'.

It seems to work fine for me

ALL CREDIT GOES TO almaqdad, I have done nothing to this mod

I've used this mod with [ROM][ICS][P7300] P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8 clean port v2 by kallt_kaffe. Works perfectly and it seems to work for others on this ROM too.

I'm using cmw 6.0.1.0.

I have not tested this MOD with AOKP. So do at your own risk.

Heres the link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1875024

Basically follow the steps given in the link.... For example, the one I followed was...

For [ROMs based Samsung Stock ICS 4.0.4 Deodex OR Odex]
    1- Reboot to Recovery Mode.
    2- Make a Full Backup. [Recommend]
    3- Install File CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip
    4- Install File Voice Call Enable [Stock] ICS 4.0.4 ROM Build 1.zip
    5- Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache.
    6- Reboot the tab and enjoy voice call.
    for stock ICS...

This is voice call enable for xxlq6 austria.. Just flash from cwm (6.0.0.8 or above) cwm5 will failed with assert fuction..
    Some feedback please..features:
    1.voice call enable
    2.video call enable by default.. But the modem maybe not support it..
    3. Some tweak for autorotate respons..

Notes:Use modem from I9103 your tab can make a call...link here
    Without modem from I9103 your tab only make a USSD call (such as *999# )..

May work with another stock ROM but im never tested..
    Do NANDROID for caution..
    Here is the backup framework if you want to revert back..

If you really need this feature work for your ROM.(P7300 only) i will help you mod it for you..
    Upload your framework-res.apk here and i will upload the mod in this post too..
    don't flash on CM10 preview,
    i just flash and can't boot :crying:
    hi guys,

sorry to do this, but an urgent need arose to install the voice call mod on my tab 7300. A friend is hospitalized for a few days, and I want to leave her the tab with a new pre-paid phone/data SIM card, and I want it to be hassle free for her, with voice call and internet functionality

At the moment, I'm planning on upgrading to the 7300 OpenAustria stock ICS, and install the posted mod above.

I was reading this thread and others before... but can someone give me a quick head's up.

This is what I understood so far, what else do I need to know?

I need to flash
    - ICS
    - ICS special modified framework-res.apk for the phone UI
    - special modem

And the User experience:
    - all working, but must make sure not to let the screen go off during call (or otherwise... what? call is interrupted?)

thanks for helping!
    Fred.

Hey,

Well i had [ROM][ICS][OFFICIAL][P7300] P7300ZSLP7 stock+rooted+voice calls By: tracid. That works the best. Only problem is, when the screen goes the call goes silent, even after you turn the screen back on. But i installed an app called 'Screen On by Konstantinos Polychronis' and kept screen on for "an active call' and "PhoneUtil'. Works fine for me.

I now have the CM10 rom, but I cant receive calls but I can only make calls. The same issue of the when the screen turns off the call goes silent. So i just installed the app again.
    OK. am a bit confused then.. the P7300DXLP8_VOICE_CALL.zip is for what ROM specifically then?
    its just another mod for ICS STOCK ROM, spesifically for Malaysia, SIngapore,Philipines,and Indonesia...( PDA code P7300DXLP8)