[MOD]Exchange Secuirty Removal (Stock Email Apk) JB & ICS

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I've come across several posts/apks/scripts/tweaks to remove the stock email exchange security so I decided to share what I built and used. The email apk that is included in this flashable zip was not created by me (not sure who the developer is so I apologize). This is a simple and quick flashable zip file. I have tested it on my Galaxy S III running both Stock TW JB and AOKP JB (Tasks ROM).

This flash "should" work on both ICS and JB. I've tested this on JB but I've used it previously on ICS. If you have any issues using it on ICS please let me know and I'll update this thread.

Install Insturctions:

STEP 0: Make a nandroid backup or backup your pHere however you see fit.

1. Download the zip File for STOCK TW HERE or AOKP HERE
2. Flash the zip using clockwork recovery
3. WIPE CACHE PARTITION & DALVIK CACHE
4. Reboot Phone and re-setup your exchange account

The apk's in these zip files are technically the same 2 files but named differently to account for whatever rom you're using.

**As always, Flash at your own risk, I am not responsible if anything happens to your phone, but I will feel bad :crying:

SInce this flashable zip replaces your stock email app with a modified apk I'll upload all the stock apk's so you can always revert back easily. If you're not sure what your stock email apk's are just navigate to your system/app folder and find the names of your email.apk and exchange.apk.

AOKP Original Email APK's - Email.apk & Exchange2.apk

Stock TW Email APK's - SecEmail.apk and SecExchange.apk

Other APK Possibility - Email.apk and Exchange.apk

On a side note, I'll be starting an APK Repository shortly just as I did for the Galaxy S II. That thread helped a lot of members on XDA so I'll bring that to the GS3 users as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Doomboss

Jul 17, 2012
Thanks

Hmm seems like not that many people experienced this problem. But i need to install the email and exchange apk because the costume TouchWiz Jelly Bean rom that i was trying does not contain the email apk file originally (its kinda silly for not contain it by default...) so i need to use the apk files from my old AOKP rom. When i was setting up my exchange email, that security thingy kept popping out, sooooo annoying!!!!! Then i kept looking for a solution to solve it, and here comes the zip file. Flash it immediately, and problem solved!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Really thank you for this!!! :):):):):):):)

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
Hmm seems like not that many people experienced this problem. But i need to install the email and exchange apk because the costume TouchWiz Jelly Bean rom that i was trying does not contain the email apk file originally (its kinda silly for not contain it by default...) so i need to use the apk files from my old AOKP rom. When i was setting up my exchange email, that security thingy kept popping out, sooooo annoying!!!!! Then i kept looking for a solution to solve it, and here comes the zip file. Flash it immediately, and problem solved!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Really thank you for this!!! :):):):):):):)
No problem. Glad it helped.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

giffyy

Feb 23, 2012
confirm on note 2 LTE version, works great.

Thanks you so much for this straight forward apks, I always digging around to find such solutions, so that i can bypass corp security :laugh:

for other users with no custom recovery:
This is what i did, since i dont have custom recovery installed, I am stock rooted.
I removed the stock email and exchange apks
transffered the patched apks to SD
using root explorer, add the modded ones in system/app folder and rebooted the phone
and vola...worked like a charm

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: JustoTorres

wgr73

Jan 19, 2012
Yes this should work for CyanogenMod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Just don't want to brick the phone. I should add, which version above should I use with CyanogenMOD? Aokp or stock?

Last edited:

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Just don't want to brick the phone. I should add, which version above should I use with CyanogenMOD? Aokp or stock?
Make a backup with titanium backup of both your email and exchange apps. After you back them up, delete them both. Flash either of the email updates, wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot. You should be fine using either. Worst case scenario, you delete the email APKs you flashed and restore your original ones.

wgr73

Jan 19, 2012
Make a backup with titanium backup of both your email and exchange apps. After you back them up, delete them both. Flash either of the email updates, wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot. You should be fine using either. Worst case scenario, you delete the email APKs you flashed and restore your original ones.

Thanks dude!

wgr73

Jan 19, 2012
I followed the steps, everything installed correctly I assume because my email app was back after I deleted it. However, exchange still asked me to accept the security steps. Is it supposed to still ask you (and just not allow it to actually make remote changes)?

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I followed the steps, everything installed correctly I assume because my email app was back after I deleted it. However, exchange still asked me to accept the security steps. Is it supposed to still ask you (and just not allow it to actually make remote changes)?
Yes, it will still ask to grant it admin rights but it won't require a password or security.

telephonemike

Apr 18, 2012
confirm on note 2 LTE version, works great.

Thanks you so much for this straight forward apks, I always digging around to find such solutions, so that i can bypass corp security :laugh:

for other users with no custom recovery:
This is what i did, since i dont have custom recovery installed, I am stock rooted.
I removed the stock email and exchange apks
transffered the patched apks to SD
using root explorer, add the modded ones in system/app folder and rebooted the phone
and vola...worked like a charm

Cheers!
I am also using the North American LTE Note 2 but after flashing with TWRP I am having the "Unfortunately, Email has stopped" message. Tried swapping over to CWM then reflashing the zip file but still getting the same error message. Anyone else getting this?

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I am also using the North American LTE Note 2 but after flashing with TWRP I am having the "Unfortunately, Email has stopped" message. Tried swapping over to CWM then reflashing the zip file but still getting the same error message. Anyone else getting this?
Delete both email APKs using titanium backup or go to your system/app folder and delete email and exchange APKs. Then try reflashing

Reactions: telephonemike

telephonemike

Apr 18, 2012
So i have 4 email files in total being the secemail & secexchange apk along with the odex files. Delete all 4 of these then flash the "stock exchange security removal.zip"?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

So I have got it working. Before I had not deleted the odex files and once I did that then flashed the zip from the OP everything worked just not how our security team wanted it to ;)

Thanks for the support!

EricCJacobson

Feb 2, 2013
So i have 4 email files in total being the secemail & secexchange apk along with the odex files. Delete all 4 of these then flash the "stock exchange security removal.zip"?

I was able to delete the 2 apks from \system\app. Where are the 2 odex files? What are they named?

BTW - I'm getting the "Unfortunately, Email has stopped" and "Unfortunately, Exchange service has stopped" messages after removing said 2 files and re-flashing this zip. I'm running Devil's Reject ROM.

New Info: I just looked it up and apparently the odex files are in /data/dalvik-cache. Unfortunately, my /data/dalvik-cache is empty. Hmmmm. I must be doing something wrong. Or perhaps these apks won't run on Devil's Reject v3. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

sKoWN_kAT

Jun 20, 2012
I was able to delete the 2 apks from \system\app. Where are the 2 odex files? What are they named?

BTW - I'm getting the "Unfortunately, Email has stopped" and "Unfortunately, Exchange service has stopped" messages after removing said 2 files and re-flashing this zip. I'm running Devil's Reject ROM.

New Info: I just looked it up and apparently the odex files are in /data/dalvik-cache. Unfortunately, my /data/dalvik-cache is empty. Hmmmm. I must be doing something wrong. Or perhaps these apks won't run on Devil's Reject v3. Any suggestions?
My odex files are in the /system/app folder on Agriff's 747z rom.

Devils Reject is deodexed. I think I read a post directly from the dev saying that this mod won't work on his rom.

Give Agriff's rom a shot im running it now and it includes this mod. Works perfectly. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium