[MOD] [Experimental] MultiROM v33 for Moto X Pure Edition/Style (clark)

Search This thread

jason2678

Jul 1, 2014
St. Paul
moto display

@Hashbang173 - I've searched the thread and see a little chatter about it, something about Multirom seems to have broken moto display on my xt1575. When I try to enable moto display with Multirom installed I get an error message that says "AOD not supported on this device".

I initially thought it was related to Frankenclark and some of the dt2w implementation so there is some discussion over in dirtyhank's thread.

I posted some logs here and a follow up on how I (rather unintentionally) did a stepwise rollback of Multirom and moto display started working again here.

jlbuck6212

Sep 1, 2015
hattiesburg
Man great work! This is incredible and very convient. You are brilliant! Only one thing that I noticed was that after I flashed the patched kernel, modified twrp, and multirom that Moto display no longer works on my primary system from. I tried reflashing Moto display but still no luck but Everything else is fantastic. I boot into my system ROM then reboot right back into resurrection remix. This has spoiled me big time lol. Thanks again @Hashbang173

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Everything awesome about this phone is somehow associated (or in this case and many others, directly linked) to Hashbang!

Hats off man. Thanks for all you do.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
Can someone check to see if Android pay will work in a stock ROM installed as a secondary ROM ?

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
I'll probably update the stock patched kernel for the February security patch as soon after the kernel source is released. Maybe I'll also look into the Moto Display bug as well as supporting encryption.

pizzlewizzle

Jun 24, 2012
New Orleans
I'll probably update the stock patched kernel for the February security patch as soon after the kernel source is released. Maybe I'll also look into the Moto Display bug as well as supporting encryption.

so you believe the only way to boot ROM from SDcard in the future would only be possible if it was formatted to be used with internal storage...not as portable storage?

ewangw

Oct 27, 2013
King George
so you believe the only way to boot ROM from SDcard in the future would only be possible if it was formatted to be used with internal storage...not as portable storage?

AFAIK, once you format your sdcard as internal storage an encryption key is created which is specific to the system ROM/device you are using at the time of formatting. If using multiple ROMs, each ROM would have a different key which could lead to your sdcard not being recognized by any additional ROMS. Not an expert, but this is what I have read so far.

Reactions: Ken C

Ken C

Mar 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
I'm curious about this also. Used multirom on my nexus 5 and I would call it a relationship saver [emoji12] or a *****ing volume controller

mahdif62

Feb 11, 2015
I installed the app from play store and it says my phone is not supported. Running TruePure MM.

Jmaniac55

Oct 4, 2012
Couple of questions
1. Is there even development going for this thing?

2. How well does this work with Cyanogenmod and stock ROM? How well does it work overall?

pizzlewizzle

Jun 24, 2012
New Orleans
Couple of questions
1. Is there even development going for this thing?

2. How well does this work with Cyanogenmod and stock ROM? How well does it work overall?
I don't think there has been any updates in awhile but it works perfectly fine so development isn't really needed(kinda like how once recovery works properly development slows down)... There were some features that would be nice to have(read back the last few pages) but aren't necessary

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: HaggisIV

Jmaniac55

Oct 4, 2012
Okay thanks, I only ask because it says highly experimental and I don't want to use something that is unstable and highly risky

-leo-

Apr 5, 2011
i have in the past but i am no longer running MultiROM... Im thinking about coming back but i am curious... has the multiROM TWRP been updated to the latest TWRP? I remember some ROMs were having issues on the older version of TWRP so id like to know before relashing

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA-Developers mobile app

it doesnt in the Op iI think, we should build it from github....lol

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
Android Pay

Can someone confirm that Android Pay still works (or doesn't work) on a stock ROM after installing multiROM.
I've had this phone for a month without rooting, an all time record for me!
But AP still works on my stock ROM with multirROM, woohoo, Ill root it tonight! LOL
Obviously, I will clean things up after getting things up and running in order to pass SafetyNet. :)

Thanks!
DZ

Techwizz01

Apr 27, 2019
With this MultiRom I get an error, does anyone know how to fix it?
Changing mounts to ROM lineage-14.1-20170410-nigh...
mount -o loop -t f2fs /mnt/multirom-clark/lineage-14.1-29170410-nigh/cache.img /cache process ended with ERROR: 255
Failed to mount fake partitions, canceling!
mount -o loop -t f2fs /mnt/multirom-clark/lineage-14.1-29170410-nigh/data.img /data process ended with ERROR: 255
Updating partition details...
Failed to change mountpoints!
Failed to restore boot partition, /dev/block/
mmcblk0p36-orig does not exist!
Erasing incomplete ROM...
...done

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    na1VYMK.png
    Introduction

This is a port of Tassadar's MultiROM, a multi-boot mod for Moto X Pure/Style. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

This is still very experimental!

I've only tested this with stock M as the primary ROM and AICP M as the secondary ROM

Features:
    * Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
    * Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
    * Boot from USB drive attached via OTG cable

Warning!

It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.​

Installation
    The MultiROM Manager app does not currently support the Moto X Pure Edition

1. Via MultiROM Manager app
    This is the easiest way to install everything MultiROM needs. Install the app and select MultiROM and recovery on the Install/Update card. If the Status card says Kernel: doesn't have kexec-hardboot patch! in red letters, you have to install also patched kernel - either select one on the Install/Update card or get some 3rd-party kernel here on XDA. You are chosing kernel for your primary ROM, not any of your (future) secondary ROMs, so select the version accordingly.
    Press "Install" on the Install/Update card to start the installation.

2.Manual installation
    Firstly, there are videos on youtube. If you want, just search for "MultiROM installation" on youtube and watch those, big thanks to all who made them. There is also an awesome article on Linux Journal.

MultiROM has 3 parts you need to install:
    • Modified recovery (TWRP_multirom_clark_YYYYMMDD.img) - download the IMG file from second post and use fastboot to flash it.
    • Patched kernel - You can use either one of the stock ones in second post or third-party kernels which include the patch, you can see list in the second post. Download the ZIP file and flash it in recovery.
    • MultiROM (multirom-YYYYMMDD-vXX-clark.zip) - download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery.

Your current rom will not be erased by the installation.
    Download links are in the second post.

Adding ROMs
    1. Android
    Go to recovery, select MultiROM -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm.​

Using USB drive
    Untested on clark

During installation, recovery lets you select install location. Plug in the USB drive, wait a while and press "refresh" so that it shows partitions on the USB drive. You just select the location (extX, NTFS and FAT32 partitions are supported) and proceed with the installation.
    If you wanna use other than default FAT32 partition, just format it in PC. If you don't know how/don't know where to find out how, you probably should not try installing MultiROM.
    If you are installing to NTFS or FAT32 partition, recovery asks you to set image size for all the partitions - this cannot be easilly changed afterward, so choose carefully. FAT32 is limited to maximum of 4095MB per image - it is limitation of the filesystem, I can do nothing about that.
    Installation to USB drives takes a bit longer, because the flash drive is (usually) slower and it needs to create the images, so installation of Ubuntu to 4Gb image on my pretty fast USB drive takes about 20 minutes.
    Enumerating USB drive can take a while in MultiROM menu, so when you press the "USB" button in MultiROM, wait a while (max. 30-45s) until it searches the USB drive. It does it by itself, no need to press something, just wait.​

Updating/changing ROMs

1. Primary ROM (Internal)
    • Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
    • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.
    2. Secondary Android ROMs
    If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:
    • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
    • Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.

Note that swapping roms between internal and external is not supported (yet). Also, after flashing a factory image to the primary system and boot partition, make sure to immediately inject MultiROM before first boot, otherwise the secondary ROMs will be deleted.

Source code

Thanks

This port is based on the hard work of Tassadar, Geoff Levand, webgeek1234, Mike Kasick, 500 Internal Server Error, and many others. Thank you.

Issues

* Does not yet support encrypted devices
    * Please report

XDA:DevDB Information
    MultiROM for Moto X Pure Edition/Style, ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    Hashbang173
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-02-14
    Last Updated 2016-02-14
    List of ROMs/Kernels with kexec hardboot baked in

These ROMs/Kernels can be used as the primary ROM without any modifcation

• AICP (starting from 2/15/16 build)
    • Other CM based ROMs depending if they are upstream to the AICP kernel
    • Frankenclark in the next release?