[MOD] Facebook Home "unlocked" + Messenger 2.43 *working* chat heads & SMS [NO ROOT!]

Search This thread

crizamsantos

Sep 5, 2012
Can you upload the Messenger update that is compatible with recent apks? The playstore update is not compatible. Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium

itsirfandude

Oct 2, 2012
Coimbatore
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 2
Hey.. :)

So I modded FB Home to run on all (?) devices, without touching build.prop or requiring root.
Tested on GNEX, NEXUS 7 emulators.

Home requires Android ICS (4.0) or newer!!!

Download Facebook app & Facebook Home
http://d-h.st/qOz

Download Facebook Messenger with Chat heads & SMS fix
http://d-h.st/AgU

Installation
• Uninstall original facebook, facebook messenger and facebook home apps. If facebook is pre-installed then you probably need root to remove it :(
• Extract .rar!

• Install com.facebook.katana.apk (FB app), then com.facebook.home.apk (Home app).
• Also install fborca242.apk (Messenger app).
• Enable facebook home under facebook app settings.
• If you face any issues, reboot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache.​

Expecting your feedback.

Now that the new messenger with stickers is out, and the play store doesn't notify with available update as I downloaded the modded messenger from here.... Pls help so that I get stickers

123memo

Jul 8, 2008
Cairo

So I modded FB Home to run on all (?) devices, without touching build.prop or requiring root.

Download Facebook Messenger 2.43 with Chat heads & SMS fix
http://d-h.st/eQ9

Installation
• Uninstall original facebook, facebook messenger and facebook home apps. If facebook is pre-installed then you probably need root to remove it :(
• Extract .rar!

• Install com.facebook.katana.apk (FB app), then com.facebook.home.apk (Home app).
• Also install fborca243.apk (Messenger app).

Expecting your feedback.

Why show me this error and Does not open chat head ?????????

Screenshot_2013-04-28-23-40-06.png

johnnyl1111

Mar 1, 2013
works great

this works perfectly on lg motion 4g metro pcs and androidx86 4.0rc2 as well. :cool: lol at the noobs trying to install on gingerbread.

Last edited:

bbalint96

Aug 4, 2011
Budapest
I really like the modded msgr app with the working chat heads. KDiff shows that the only difference compared to the original is in the classes.dex file (and the signing keys, obviusly). Can you share the method of modding it?

billerr.g

Apr 23, 2011
Hack patched?

Well it looks like Facebook silently patched Home to prevent it from running on unauthorized devices. I tried installing it on my Xperia P (JB) every possible way:
  1. Install patched APKs from OP on a clean ROM install, cleaning dalvik after install and rebooting before logging in for the first time. "Your device is not supported yet".
  2. Tried modifying build.prop with the Galaxy Note 2 attributes. Uninstall of patched APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, install Play Store APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, login. "Your device is not supported yet" again.
  3. Last desperate try: with modified build prop, uninstall Play Store APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, install OP patched APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, login. "Your device is not supported yet", thank you very much.
Well, at least Chat heads and SMS in Messenger work, patched or original APK. Is there any chance we can get a patched APK of the updated app? Pretty please? (smali, apktool and the lot are sadly not my cup of tea).

Hopefully this time it will be foolproof, since Google now forbids Facebook from silently updating its apps outside of the Play Store mechanism.

kurtph1969

Jan 6, 2012
Blackpool
www.facebook.com
Well it looks like Facebook silently patched Home to prevent it from running on unauthorized devices. I tried installing it on my Xperia P (JB) every possible way:

Don't understand what you mean by "patched". If you uninstall your stock FB apps and then install the ones from here:
http://d-h.st/qOz everything should work. You may need root access to uninstall your stock apps however...

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

SMS only works on a select few devices. This enables SMS on all devices. It may be the same with chat heads as well.

Has anyone else successfully got SMS working in the Messenger App, in particular on HTC DESIRE HD? thanks

Reactions: billerr.g

Zehlek

Jul 17, 2010
Niagara Falls
  1. Install patched APKs from OP on a clean ROM install, cleaning dalvik after install and rebooting before logging in for the first time. "Your device is not supported yet".
  2. Tried modifying build.prop with the Galaxy Note 2 attributes. Uninstall of patched APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, install Play Store APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, login. "Your device is not supported yet" again.
  3. Last desperate try: with modified build prop, uninstall Play Store APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, install OP patched APKs, clean Dalvik, reboot, login. "Your device is not supported yet", thank you very much.
Well, at least Chat heads and SMS in Messenger work, patched or original APK. Is there any chance we can get a patched APK of the updated app? Pretty please? (smali, apktool and the lot are sadly not my cup of tea).

Hopefully this time it will be foolproof, since Google now forbids Facebook from silently updating its apps outside of the Play Store mechanism.

Works perfect for me on my Nexus 4

Reactions: billerr.g

billerr.g

Apr 23, 2011
Don't understand what you mean by "patched". If you uninstall your stock FB apps and then install the ones from here:
http://d-h.st/qOz everything should work. You may need root access to uninstall your stock apps however...

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Has anyone else successfully got SMS working in the Messenger App, in particular on HTC DESIRE HD? thanks

SMS works for me, even with the Play Store version of Messenger.

Works perfect for me on my Nexus 4

I using perfectly for my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0!

Well, I guess something must be fishy with my configuration then. I'll give it another try.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] Facebook Home "unlocked" + Messenger 2.43 *working* chat heads & SMS [NO ROOT!]

Download Facebook Messenger 2.43 with Chat heads & SMS fix
    http://d-h.st/eQ9

Installation
    • Extract .rar!

• Also install fborca243.apk (Messenger app).

Expecting your feedback.
    Worked flawlessly on my note. Uninstalled.
    Ok, I fixed chat heads, will upload soon.
    I'm trying to fix it..
    assuming you mean push to /system/app/ ? or push em anywhere and install?

No need to be in system..
    Just install.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone