[MOD] Facebook Home "unlocked" + Messenger 2.43 *working* chat heads & SMS [NO ROOT!]

Search This thread

rushtosrini

Jan 4, 2010
parse error

am getting error when installing com.facebook.home.apk package.....
Error: There is a problem parsing the package.
OS Android 2.3
Phone: LG optimus one (P500)

Is it compatiable with HVGA devices?

fcastillousfq

Sep 7, 2011
Vancouver
Working great on my Xperia arc. Since Messanger doesn't have sms integration for my phone, heads are not working. Besides that, it's a good start. Too bad there's no place for widgets and also, the security settings are completely override. They only work if I open an app, but the lock screen is displayed to anybody...
I'm looking forward for next month update, hopefully you'll continue this mod so we can all enjoy it.

tekken179

Dec 14, 2010
Banbridge
Tried this on Nexus 4 just so I could see first hand facebook home for myself, will never use it, however installing these two versions of facebook/home will result in your chat heads not working on fb messenger.

sinhthuong

Jan 20, 2011
Hi all, can i change font of these app, it cant display my language . I tried unpack by apk manager and changed font in both app but i got loop when run facebook home. :((

Jul 29, 2010
Jesus people, if you don't like it don't use it. There is no need to waste anyone's time complaining about it on the forums. The truth of it is, Facebook is actually one of the most uses apps, if not THE most used app for mobiles. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others won't, and criticizing people for it proves nothing. Honestly? I hardly use Facebook, but I installed it anyways because its something new and different. The interface is smooth and easy to use and I rather enjoy it as a nice change up. Will I keep it forever? No. Is it the best app/launcher? Performance wise, I think its hitting a home run, cosmetically it hits a nitch group. But I like the sliding tiles and some of the effects it uses. It would be cool to see Google copy this with its Cards from Google Now and G+ and have some app integration on with it.
My biggest problem with this is it takes away the phone functionality and instead pushes for a more social networking thing instead. I think they need to encompass everything else a little more with this and it would be fitting for a wider range of folks. Overall, I think you people complaining are missing the bigger picture here. This is something new to be explored! Even If you don't care for Facebook that much, you should still check it out and enjoy some of the heat features. This is a completely different approach to the ruling he android interface and I'd like to see how it changes things with other launchers/app makers on the future.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: taadow1030

indigold

Aug 11, 2011
warri
Works like a charm on my Samsung galaxy grand duos. Hope widget support comes soon. Great work. Thanks to Modder, i already clicked thanks

IF YOU USED MORE ANDROID DEVICES THAN I HAVE USED, U NEED A DOCTOR.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

am getting error when installing com.facebook.home.apk package.....
Error: There is a problem parsing the package.
OS Android 2.3
Phone: LG optimus one (P500)

Is it compatiable with HVGA devices?

Some tricks to try, if u have any previously installed Facebook app, uninstall before u install d modded one, then extract the content of the rar file before installing, don't install as action directly from rar file, use es explorer to unrar the content to a folder, then install from that folder.

IF YOU USED MORE ANDROID DEVICES THAN I HAVE USED, U NEED A DOCTOR.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] Facebook Home "unlocked" + Messenger 2.43 *working* chat heads & SMS [NO ROOT!]

Hey.. :)

So I modded FB Home to run on all (?) devices, without touching build.prop or requiring root.
    Tested on GNEX, NEXUS 7 emulators.

Home requires Android ICS (4.0) or newer!!!

Download Facebook app & Facebook Home
    http://d-h.st/qOz

Download Facebook Messenger 2.43 with Chat heads & SMS fix
    http://d-h.st/eQ9

Installation
    • Uninstall original facebook, facebook messenger and facebook home apps. If facebook is pre-installed then you probably need root to remove it :(
    • Extract .rar!

• Install com.facebook.katana.apk (FB app), then com.facebook.home.apk (Home app).
    • Also install fborca243.apk (Messenger app).
    • Enable facebook home under facebook app settings.
    • If you face any issues, reboot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache.​

Expecting your feedback.
    Worked flawlessly on my note. Uninstalled.
    Ok, I fixed chat heads, will upload soon.
    I'm trying to fix it..
    assuming you mean push to /system/app/ ? or push em anywhere and install?

No need to be in system..
    Just install.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone